CAN YOU LOSE YOUR SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Phil, what do you think Hebrews 6:4-8 means and also Hebrews 10:26-31 and how does what you say reconcile with the scriptures here and in the OP that disagree with you? I am interested to hear your view.
OK, LGW, this is what I see in those scriptures.
Heb 6:4-6..."For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."
The folks that SEEM to fall away were never partakers of the Holy Spirit to begin with.
They never really "crucified to themselves the Son of God" a first time.
Salvation is still as available to them now as it was before, even though they never took advantage of it.

Heb 10:26-31...Again, I feel that the person cited was never "sanctified" to begin with.
Their sinful actions betray their UN-sanctification.

What are your views?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The main question for us to consider personally is how do we know if we are in the faith or not in the faith? What is "the faith"?

Verily, verily, I am saying to you, he who is believing in Me, the works which I am doing the also will be doing, and greater than these will he be doing, for I am going to the Father.

(CLV) Jn 14:13
And a whatever you should be requesting in My name, this I will be doing, that the Father should be |glorified in the Son.

(CLV) Jn 14:14
If you should ever be requesting anything of Me in My name, this I will be doing.

(CLV) Jn 14:15
If you should be loving Me, you will be keeping My precepts.

(CLV) Jn 14:16
"And I shall be asking the Father, and He will be giving you another consoler, that it, indeed, may be with you for the eon—

(CLV) Jn 14:17
the spirit of truth, which the world can not get, for it is not beholding it, neither is knowing it. Yet you |know it, for it is remaining with you and will be in you.

(CLV) Jn 14:18
"I will not |leave you bereaved; I am coming to you.

(CLV) Jn 14:19
Still a little and the world is beholding Me not longer, yet you are beholding Me. Seeing that I am living, you also will be living.

(CLV) Jn 14:20
In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

(CLV) Jn 14:21
He who has My precepts and is keeping them, the it is who is loving Me. Now he who is loving Me will be |loved by My Father, and I shall be loving him and shall be disclosing Myself to him."

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Verily, verily, I am saying to you, he who is believing in Me, the works which I am doing the also will be doing, and greater than these will he be doing, for I am going to the Father.

(CLV) Jn 14:13
And a whatever you should be requesting in My name, this I will be doing, that the Father should be |glorified in the Son.

(CLV) Jn 14:14
If you should ever be requesting anything of Me in My name, this I will be doing.

(CLV) Jn 14:15
If you should be loving Me, you will be keeping My precepts.

(CLV) Jn 14:16
"And I shall be asking the Father, and He will be giving you another consoler, that it, indeed, may be with you for the eon—

(CLV) Jn 14:17
the spirit of truth, which the world can not get, for it is not beholding it, neither is knowing it. Yet you |know it, for it is remaining with you and will be in you.

(CLV) Jn 14:18
"I will not |leave you bereaved; I am coming to you.

(CLV) Jn 14:19
Still a little and the world is beholding Me not longer, yet you are beholding Me. Seeing that I am living, you also will be living.

(CLV) Jn 14:20
In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

(CLV) Jn 14:21
He who has My precepts and is keeping them, the it is who is loving Me. Now he who is loving Me will be |loved by My Father, and I shall be loving him and shall be disclosing Myself to him."

Nice scriptures Hark! So is basically what your saying is that the fruit the we are to know if someone is from God or not is obedience to Gods' Word?

• Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"but if one departs the faith they are no longer "believers" but have become "unbelievers""

Whos truth are we using for this? Through out our life we hear so many didn't truths about Jesus Christ. We understand John 3:16. This world is all we've known. And we think we can just.. not believe?

Simple question.. you KNOW God? How can someone leave someone they really never knew? I am 59 I have NOT to boast but seen heard things wonders from my Father.. I would be lying it say I KNOW Him. I don't have to have a book to tell me what my wife loves or dislikes.. nor my kids. I Just know.

Now what do you know about the Father that you never read about in His book? My point in all this.. its not easy to leave. Like those that never heard the truth. They hear all kinds of truth .. He said..if you were blind you would have no sin. How many groups in this world that teach Jesus is lord? Then those out side of that. And its easy to just not believe?

We have more faith in sitting down in some chair or reaching in our pocket and getting those keys. We never once doubt. That car.. no second thought. We have more faith in that then we do in Him. We believe but do we KNOW Him? I don't know Him like the 12 (with Paul) did. Judas was never one of them.

All we can do.. is put our faith in HIS word.. and know we are IN the Fathers hands period.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nice scriptures Hark! So is basically what your saying is that the fruit the we are to know if someone is from God or not is obedience to Gods' Word?

Obedience to Torah is the fruit of faith. Faith without works is dead; and the lawless will not inherit the kingdom.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the truth.

Not everyone "finishes the race".
The parable's alleged believers of Matt 7:22 can testify to that.
Finish the race before claiming victory.

Why not claim victory and finish the race? It is true one can stumble and fall at the end of the race but it is also true that one, when fallen, can rise and continue. This is part of living for the victory. As a song says, there is too much to gain to lose. My thought is to live as if you have won. We already live as those who are fully forgiven and have hope for a place that we have already received in one sense yet are waiting for. It is like almost but not quite. I won't take credit for that, it was in a book I read. Talking of the completion of salvation. God is able to keep all of us, we need only remain in Him as Christ promised I am with you always even to then end of the age. So not claiming victory vicariously but because faith's foundation is not emotional but sure as we remain in Christ. Thanks brother!

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not claim victory and finish the race? It is true one can stumble and fall at the end of the race but it is also true that one, when fallen, can rise and continue.
I see it more as a "Start over" instead of a get back up and continue.

This is part of living for the victory. As a song says, there is too much to gain to lose. My thought is to live as if you have won. We already live as those who are fully forgiven and have hope for a place that we have already received in one sense yet are waiting for. It is like almost but not quite. I won't take credit for that, it was in a book I read. Talking of the completion of salvation. God is able to keep all of us, we need only remain in Him as Christ promised I am with you always even to then end of the age. So not claiming victory vicariously but because faith's foundation is not emotional but sure as we remain in Christ. Thanks brother!
The grace alone folks will stand against your "we need only..." stance.
But I agree with you there.
Remain in Him.
Remember, it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes !

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there Caspian, nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your view. I enjoyed reading what you shared with us here. Essentially your quoting from Jesus "by their fruits you shall know them." I believe this to be one of the tests indeed. Do you think we need to know more then this? I mean we are also told in the last days that there will be many that have a form of godliness but den the power thereof. How do we know that we are not one of these people that say to Jesus at the second coming Lord Lord did we not do this and that in your name? Then Jesus says unto them I never knew you depart from me you who practice sin (iniquity). What are your thoughts?

God bless.

Many blessings to you by brother.
Over the course of my life with Christ I must admit my thoughts on this in particular have changed. If you are producing Christlike fruit and your life is a reflection of the fruits of the spirit and as you progress through life you are becoming more and more like Christ, then I think you know without a doubt. Christ taught that the wheat and the chaff would be co-mingled within the church, by church I mean the universal or worldwide body of believers which currently exists. There are weeds in the church sown by the enemy. But Christ warned us to not pull them out as by doing so we may uproot the wheat. If you think about a church one can understand how this could happen quite easily. The weeds are like those who claim to have done things in the name of Christ but He never knew them. They also knew they were not children of God but at the judgement cry out regardless. So you know if you are His. You can fool others, you can fool me, but you cannot fool God and you cannot completely fool yourself. I think your next to last statement also sheds light on this, you who practice sin. Ask yourself this question, can a follower of Christ practice sin? Not can a follower sin but can a follower practice sin. Some will say a follower cannot sin, I am not thoroughly convinced of that due to 1 John 3:9. But I don't want to turn this into that.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see it more as a "Start over" instead of a get back up and continue.

The grace alone folks will stand against your "we need only..." stance.
But I agree with you there.
Remain in Him.
Remember, it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes !

Great point and it is ok if someone wants to take a stance against we need only to remain in Him. I think I am in good company with that stance. I did not think that one up on my, Christ said that a number of times. Remain in me. But I don't want to go too far down that path lest we stray from the thread.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Something I copied & pasted from GotQuestions that may clarify your questions on eternal salvation.
Question: "Is eternal security a ‘license’ to sin?"

Answer:
The most frequent objection to the doctrine of eternal security is that it supposedly allows people to live any way that they want and still be saved. While this may be “technically” true, it is not true in reality. A person who has truly been redeemed by Jesus Christ will not live a life characterized by continuous, willful sin. We must draw a distinction between how a Christian should live and what a person must do in order to receive salvation.

The Bible is clear that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6). The moment a person truly believes in Jesus Christ, he or she is saved and secure in that salvation. It is unbiblical to say that salvation is received by faith, but then has to be maintained by works. The apostle Paul addresses this issue in Galatians 3:3 when he asks, “Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?” If we are saved by faith, our salvation is also maintained and secured by faith. We cannot earn our own salvation. Therefore, neither can we earn the maintenance of our salvation. It is God who maintains our salvation (Jude 24). It is God’s hand that holds us firmly in His grasp (John 10:28-29). It is God’s love that nothing can separate us from (Romans 8:38-39).

Any denial of eternal security is, in its essence, a belief that we must maintain our own salvation by our own good works and efforts. This is completely antithetical to salvation by grace. We are saved because of Christ’s merits, not our own (Romans 4:3-8). To claim that we must obey God’s Word or live a godly life to maintain our salvation is saying that Jesus’ death was not sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus’ death was absolutely sufficient to pay for all of our sins—past, present, and future, pre-salvation and post-salvation (Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

Does this mean that a Christian can live any way he wants to and still be saved? This is essentially a hypothetical question, because the Bible makes it clear that a true Christian will not live “any way he wants to.” Christians are new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). Christians demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), not the acts of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21). First John 3:6-9 clearly states that a true Christian will not live in continual sin. In response to the accusation that grace promotes sin, the apostle Paul declared, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1-2).

Eternal security is not a license to sin. Rather, it is the security of knowing that God’s love is guaranteed for those who trust in Christ. Knowing and understanding God’s tremendous gift of salvation accomplishes the opposite of giving a license to sin. How could anyone, knowing the price Jesus Christ paid for us, go on to live a life of sin (Romans 6:15-23)? How could anyone who understands God’s unconditional and guaranteed love for those who believe, take that love and throw it back in God’s face? Such a person is demonstrating not that eternal security has given him a license to sin, but rather that he or she has not truly experienced salvation through Jesus Christ. “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him” (1 John 3:6).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also copied & pasted from GotQuestions on the topic of: Do Christians sin?
Question: "Do Christians sin?"

Answer:
Before exploring whether or not Christians sin, let’s define a couple of terms. Regardless of how tattered the word Christian has become throughout history, the biblical definition of a “Christian” is one who is a Christ-follower, a disciple of Jesus (Acts 11:26). A Christian is NOT someone who has ascribed to a particular set of religious beliefs or practices, joined a church, prayed a prayer, or participated in certain sacraments or rituals. A Christian is a person who has responded to the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44) by putting his or her whole faith in the finished work of Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8–9; John 3:15–18). Christians are those who have repented of their sin and have made Jesus Lord of their lives (Romans 10:9–10; Acts 2:38). They are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6–7).

Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10; Ecclesiastes 7:10).

When we come to Christ by faith and trust Him to forgive and cleanse us of all our sin, we are in that moment born again (John 3:3). That new birth of the spirit results in a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). God gives the repentant sinner a new heart that is now turned toward obeying and pleasing Him rather than self (2 Corinthians 5:9; Romans 8:5–6). Whereas we were formerly slaves to sin, we are now “slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:16). Sin’s control has been broken by the power of Jesus (Romans 6:6; Titus 2:14).

However, we still live in the flesh, and the flesh is prone to want what it wants. In Romans 7:21–23, Paul admits the battle between flesh and spirit in his own life: “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.” Each battle with temptation is won or lost based upon how fully we are surrendered to the control of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16–17).

The book of 1 John was written to Christians. The apostle says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9). It is clear from this passage that even those who have been born again and redeemed by the blood of Jesus will still sin. Through thought, attitude, or action, we will “grieve” (Ephesians 4:30) and “quench” (1 Thessalonians 5:19) the Holy Spirit at times. But this passage also reassures us that God offers continual, ongoing grace whenever we agree with Him about our sin and ask for His cleansing.

However, other passages clarify the boundaries of this ocean of grace. First John 3:6 says, “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” Verse 9 says that those who have been “born of God” will not continue to live sinfully. The implication is that this is not a matter of trying harder. Rather, it is the equivalent of saying, “A fish cannot remain on land for long because its nature is to seek water.” A fish could flop onto the shore and survive for a short time. But it was not made for land and cannot continue there. When we are born again, our natures change, and we cannot continue in sin. Christ not only erases our past sin; He also transforms our hearts so that we no longer desire it (Colossians 2:13–14).

Paul asked, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2). Although Christians will still sin after being saved, the heart change that the Holy Spirit brings will result in a new attitude toward sin. Sin cannot continue being a lifestyle choice if we have surrendered our lives to Jesus. That’s what it means to say that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9; Colossians 2:6). We have a new boss. We cannot be followers of Christ and followers of sin at the same time. They are going in opposite directions (Luke 9:23; 14:33). Romans 12:2 instructs, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Renewal can take some time, but it is a process that produces a change of behavior.

When a true child of God goes astray, our Father administers discipline to bring him back into obedience. Hebrews 12:7–8 says, “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.” If a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.

Do Christians sin? Yes. Do they willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always “fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to “make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NLT).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me ask you a question...?

How or what, or why, should you get into Heaven, and what is your answer, etc...?

And then, how or for what reason or reasons, etc, should you get into heaven ahead of or instead of, or behind or before, or ahead of, or instead of, etc, another person or someone else, and what is your answer, etc...?

And then, lastly, consider God asking you these questions on judgement day, or right before the gates, so to speak, and what is or what would be your answer(s), etc...?

Say He shows you someone who sinned alot more than you and asks you why you should get into Heaven either before or instead of them, etc, and what would be your answer, etc...?

And what is the only right or only correct ones, and how much would they satisfy God, and how much do they have to do with sin, or how much do they have to do with the atypical kinds of sins alot of people (man) likes to point out as to why a person should not get into Heaven by or ahead of or before or instead of them, etc...?

Can you answer those for me please...?

And what answer or answers are the only right ones, etc, and how much do they have to do with, (especially in ones own ability or own strength, etc) anyway, how much of that or those reasons (or answers) has to do with, or is, or should be, etc, because of them having had cleaned up their own sin by their own selves and in their own strength, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absooutely Maria. Perhaps we see it the same after all. These are my thoughts to. When the bible refers to "the faith" or "departing the faith" according to the scriptures it means departing the teachings of the Word of God (Jesus) as our faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17. In your view does God save us while continuing in known unrepentant sin? What is the meaning of salvation in your view?
Jesus Christ of Nazareth gave His life so that the whole world can be redeemed before the Father for their sin. Once we accept this truth we receive His Holy Spirit, once lost through Adam and Eve, now regained through the work on the Cross. We must receive His Holy Spirit in order to be in The Kingdom of God , The Body of Christ. Once we receive His Spirit we walk with Him daily as He conforms us into righteousness. This is not of our work but the work of the Holy Spirit in us. Sin slowly becomes undesirable to us as we begin to realize that it creates an aching separation. Of course we all have degrees of "quenching" that stops the process of sanctification however our first love, Jesus Christ of Nazareth will eventually prevail. Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

What are your thoughts?

According to the scriptures, God's salvation is condtional on...

1. FAITH (believing and following God's Word) *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's word and promises *2 PETER 1:4, JOHN 3:16; JOHN 10:26-27

2. REPENTANCE FROM SIN *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13

3.CONFESSION OF SIN
*1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13; JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and

4. ACCEPTANCE OF JESUS AS OUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR FROM SIN *JOHN 8:31-36; John 10:26-27; JOHN 10:38; JAMES 2:18-20; 16; ROMANS 6:1-23; MATTHEW 7:21-27; John 4:42

Those who follow God do not practice sin and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN with a new heart to love. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go if we depart the faith, why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13?

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19. It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.

ARE WE IN A SAVED STATE WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?

For me the scriptures teach we can have the hope of eternal life today through faith but it is only those who endure temtation to the end and continue in the faith that reveive eternal life.

TITUS 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

TITUS 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

COLOSSIANS 1:22-23 [22], In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and blameless and unreproveable in his sight: [23], If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel..

TITUS 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

However, it is only those who ENDURE temptation to the END BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word that receive eternal life.....

MATTHEW 24:13 [12], And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

MARK 13:13 [13], And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

HEBREWS 3:13-14 [13], But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14], For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

HEBREWS 3:6 [6], But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

JAMES 1:12 [12], Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him.

What are your thoughts?

May God bless you as you seek him and continue in His Word.
Eternal Life is a promise and it never ends. Either its true or God is a liar. One cannot claim eternal life can be taken away and believe Gods word and His promises. Its an oxymoron to say I believe in God and His word yet deny Eternal Life is forever and can be removed.

There is not a single case in all Scripture where Eternal Life has been given to a person and then removed. The same is true with Salvation. There are no people who have been given salvation and then have it removed from them.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think we can’t lose them, but we can reject them. This means, no one will take it from us, but we can decide to give up it.
Hi 1213, yes I think this is the problem we can give it up. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Eternal Life is a promise and it never ends. Either its true or God is a liar. One cannot claim eternal life can be taken away and believe Gods word and His promises. Its an oxymoron to say I believe in God and His word yet deny Eternal Life is forever and can be removed.

There is not a single case in all Scripture where Eternal Life has been given to a person and then removed. The same is true with Salvation. There are no people who have been given salvation and then have it removed from them.

hope this helps !!!

Are you saying we cannot lose eternal life? What about when a believers returns back to an their old life of sin and unbelief? How do you read Hebrews 6:4-8 and Hebrews 10:26-31?

Upvote 0

Peterlag

Jul 6, 2020
Rochester
✟9,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
CAN YOU LOSE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE?

What are your thoughts?

According to the scriptures, God's salvation is condtional on...

1. FAITH (believing and following God's Word) *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's word and promises *2 PETER 1:4, JOHN 3:16; JOHN 10:26-27

2. REPENTANCE FROM SIN *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13

3.CONFESSION OF SIN
*1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13; JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and

4. ACCEPTANCE OF JESUS AS OUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR FROM SIN *JOHN 8:31-36; John 10:26-27; JOHN 10:38; JAMES 2:18-20; 16; ROMANS 6:1-23; MATTHEW 7:21-27; John 4:42

Those who follow God do not practice sin and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN with a new heart to love. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go if we depart the faith, why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13?

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19. It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.

ARE WE IN A SAVED STATE WHILE CONTINUING IN KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN?

For me the scriptures teach we can have the hope of eternal life today through faith but it is only those who endure temtation to the end and continue in the faith that reveive eternal life.

TITUS 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

COLOSSIANS 1:22-23 [22], In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and blameless and unreproveable in his sight: [23], If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel..

However, it is only those who ENDURE temptation to the END BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word that receive eternal life.....

MATTHEW 24:13 [12], And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [13], But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

MARK 13:13 [13], And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

HEBREWS 3:13-14 [13], But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14], For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end

HEBREWS 3:6 [6], But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

JAMES 1:12 [12], Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love him.

What are your thoughts?

May God bless you as you seek him and continue in His Word.

No can't loose the seed of Christ.

Upvote 0