• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can you help me?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suffer from ocd and I pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God.

I was having thoughts without my will from ocd. ocd was telling me stuff like

OCD: Do not buy from that market you may have made a promise to the Generic God.

I knew that I never made a promise and that were thoughts without my will but I tried to avoid the market and buy from an other store. Ocd said stuff like

OCD: Maybe you have also made a promise for that store. If not, why don't you make a promise now not to buy from this store?

It is an old ocd trick. I fast prayed to the Generic God and told Him that they are thoughts without my will. I decided to buy from the store I did not want cause the market was worrying me.
OCD said stuff like

OCD: Go to the market because thoughts without your will happened seconds ago about the other store.

At that second,, I changed opinion and went to the market and I was happy because it was the place I wanted to go from the first place.

Ocd is telling me stuff like:

ocd: why you felt happy? maybe the thoughts without your will are valid because you felt happy. maybe they were not thoughts without your will. are you sure? maybe you made a promise.

anyone can relate?

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, we all love you and want the best for you. I'm sad that you have so much worry in your life and I've prayed for you. God put doctors here to help us all. I think you should seek out treatment from a professional. You will remain in my prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no such thing as "The Generic God" and we here can hear you out but we are not ones that can help you with your OCD only a Doctor can do that.

Upvote 0

Dixibehr50

Sep 16, 2019
Phoenix
✟16,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I suffer from ocd and I pray to the Generic God who is different than Christian God.

OCD: Do not buy from that market you may have made a promise to the Generic God.

I knew that I never made a promise and that were thoughts without my will but I tried to avoid the market and buy from an other store. Ocd said stuff like

OCD: Maybe you have also made a promise for that store. If not, why don't you make a promise now not to buy from this store?

It is an old ocd trick. I fast prayed to the Generic God and told Him that they are thoughts without my will. I decided to buy from the store I did not want cause the market was worrying me.
OCD said stuff like

OCD: Go to the market because thoughts without your will happened seconds ago about the other store.

At that second,, I changed opinion and went to the market and I was happy because it was the place I wanted to go from the first place.

ocd: why you felt happy? maybe the thoughts without your will are valid because you felt happy. maybe they were not thoughts without your will. are you sure? maybe you made a promise.

anyone can relate?

Didn't you know that the "generic god" is Satan?

Upvote 0

Dixibehr50

Sep 16, 2019
Phoenix
✟16,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate

OCD said stuff like

anyone can relate?
Your "generic god" is simply Satan, and he is answering your prayers by giving you OCD.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your "generic god" is simply Satan, and he is answering your prayers by giving you OCD.
Actually, OCD is a disorder that stems from physical causes, much like any other physical ailment. Please be cautious of telling people with OCD that their disorder comes from Satan. It can be very detrimental to someone whose mind is already frail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dixibehr50

Sep 16, 2019
Phoenix
✟16,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Actually, OCD is a disorder that stems from physical causes, much like any other physical ailment. Please be cautious of telling people with OCD that their disorder comes from Satan. It can be very detrimental to someone whose mind is already frail.
Satan is the source of all illnesses. Didn't you know that?

Praying to Satan will NOT help them.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan is the source of all illnesses. Didn't you know that?

Praying to Satan will NOT help them.
Of course, I did not mean he should pray to Satan. But being someone who has OCD myself, I think what Kostilaks means is that he has developed some other imaginary version of God in order to alleviate the anxiety he felt from praying to the real God. Obviously, this did not work to relieve the anxiety; only learning how to deal with the OCD properly will do that. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Upvote 0