Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just so you know a lot of Christians believe this but I just used that particular website as a reference this time. I can find other sources if you’d like.

Seems like you googled 'mystery babylon' and grabbed the first thing that came up.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many of God’s commandments do you obey - all of them or only ten of them?

As far as I know the SDA focus regarding commandments/laws is pretty much relegated to going to church on Saturday instead of Sunday and not eating certain meats, namely pork and shellfish.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,745.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As far as I know the SDA focus regarding commandments/laws is pretty much relegated to going to church on Saturday instead of Sunday and not eating certain meats, namely pork and shellfish.

The irony is that there is not the slightest hint of the dietary commandments in the Ten Commandments.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The irony is that there is not the slightest hint of the dietary commandments in the Ten Commandments.

Form what I've seen there's just about as much emphasis on one as the other. Also it seems like when someone who's SDA is in a thread, it ends up being an argument over the Sabbath and eating pork, no matter what the original topic was.

• Agree
Reactions: ChetSinger
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,745.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Form what I've seen there's just about as much emphasis on one as the other. Also it seems like when someone who's SDA is in a thread, it ends up being an argument over the Sabbath and eating pork, no matter what the original topic was.

Yes, they seem to have an amazing ability to hijack otherwise unrelated threads. The moderators here seem to be quite indifferent to this practice.

Upvote 0

Love First

Houston We Have A Problem
May 24, 2021
Kansas
✟14,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Seems like you googled 'mystery babylon' and grabbed the first thing that came up.

Nope. I posted the article because I agreed with it.

Here is a selection from another article that you may find interesting:

“During the Medieval Age, reformers and critics within the Catholic Church (some who eventually were elevated to sainthood) equated the papacy with the harlot of Babylon, specifically for its internal corruption, practice of simony, and most importantly, its political maneuvering to enhance its earthly powers and dominions. Leaders of the Protestant movement (i.e., Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, Knox, Wesley), strengthened this association by generalizing the entire Church as corrupt, rather than a more complex analysis that would criticize specific periods and/or popes. The pope as Antichrist, leading the Catholic Church as harlot into apostasy, was not only a mainstream interpretation during the rise of Protestantism, but has remained a popular interpretation, especially among many fundamentalists, dispensationalists and right-leaning evangelicals today.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The dietary laws are found in Leviticus, so it's not something we pulled out of no where. God said eating unclean foods are an abomination. God is not going to bless something He calls disgraceful.

Something you might want to keep in mind, the Sabbath is not the SDA's church Sabbath, it is God's Sabbath. The only day God ever blessed, sanctified and made holy. It's God's Sabbath and He commended more than Jews or the SDA church to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8. You can read all about God's Sabbath throughout the Bible. There is nothing sacred in the Bible about the first day. God deemed it is a working day. Jesus never told anyone about Sunday being the new day of worship. After He rose He said not one word. People think it's just a day. If you worship God on another day what's the difference? Eve ate just a piece of fruit and look what happened. Sin is sin. God's holy Sabbath day will never change Isaiah 66:23.

The reason it is discussed so much is people don't think it's a big deal to worship God on another day. That's the easiest way for the devil to deceive people. Everyone knows murder is a sin, but what difference does a day make? The Catholic church who made this change wants you to know that if you worship God on Sunday and not Saturday you are obeying a commandment of the Catholic church not God. Unless you believe the pope is going to save you over God, we are told we should obey God over man. Acts 5:29

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

Protestants ... accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change... But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that ... in observing Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the Church, the pope.
—Our Sunday Visitor, February 5th, 195

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

This thread is about the true church. God's true day of worship is the seventh day according to God Exodus 20:8-11, they go hand in hand.

What happens with most threads is people start talking about the commandments, and it does always end up being about the Sabbath, sometimes its brought up by Sabbath keepers others by non-Sabbath keepers. If someone thought it was okay to worship other idols, we should be bringing that up too. Sin is sin. The only commandment people take issue with is the one God asked us to Remember.

What if you are wrong about the day of worship. God actually wants you to keep the Sabbath day holy that He asked us to Remember. Wouldn't you want to know now before its too late?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dietary laws are found in Leviticus, so it's not something we pulled out of no where. God said eating unclean foods are an abomination. God is not going to bless something He calls disgraceful.

Something you might want to keep in mind, the Sabbath is not the SDA's church Sabbath, it is God's Sabbath. The only day God ever blessed, sanctified and made holy. It's God's Sabbath and He commended more than Jews or the SDA church to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8. You can read all about God's Sabbath throughout the Bible. There is nothing sacred in the Bible about the first day. God deemed it is a working day. Jesus never told anyone about Sunday being the new day of worship. After He rose He said not one word. People think it's just a day. If you worship God on another day what's the difference? Eve ate just a piece of fruit and look what happened. Sin is sin. God's holy Sabbath day will never change Isaiah 66:23.

The reason it is discussed so much is people don't think it's a big deal to worship God on another day. That's the easiest way for the devil to deceive people. Everyone knows murder is a sin, but what difference does a day make? The Catholic church who made this change wants you to know that if you worship God on Sunday and not Saturday you are obeying a commandment of the Catholic church not God. Unless you believe the pope is going to save you over God, we are told we should obey God over man. Acts 5:29

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

Protestants ... accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change... But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that ... in observing Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the Church, the pope.
—Our Sunday Visitor, February 5th, 195

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the Seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
—Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

This thread is about the true church. God's true day of worship is the seventh day according to God Exodus 20:8-11, they go hand in hand.

What happens with most threads is people start talking about the commandments, and it does always end up being about the Sabbath, sometimes its brought up by Sabbath keepers others by non-Sabbath keepers. If someone thought it was okay to worship other idols, we should be bringing that up too. Sin is sin. The only commandment people take issue with is the one God asked us to Remember.

What if you are wrong about the day of worship. That God actually wants you to keep the Sabbath day holy that He asked us to Remember. Wouldn't you want to know now before its too late?

I worship God every day of the week. On Saturday I refrain from doing work like it says in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15. The word worship doesn't appear in either of those passages. I don't think Scripture says anything about setting aside only one day to worship God. Rather it says things like "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalms 34:1. I've attended church on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Catholic Mass takes place every day of the week two or three times a day. Most Protestant church services last about 90 minutes or less. Do you find only worshiping God for about 90 minutes one day a week a sufficient amount of time to dedicate to Him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I worship God every day of the week. On Saturday I refrain from doing work like it says in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15. The word worship doesn't appear in either of those passages. I don't think Scripture says anything about setting aside only one day to worship God. Rather it says things like "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalms 34:1. I've attended church on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Most church services last about 90 minutes or less. Do you find only worshiping God for about 90 minutes one day a week of great significance?

I worship God every day too, but I keep the Sabbath holy as commanded by God Exodus 20:8. The Sabbath day is more than a day of rest, while that is part of it. It's about having a full day of communion with our Savior on His holy Sabbath day. Isaiah 58:13, 14 Yes, I do go to church on Sabbath and the rest of the day I spend in prayer, reading the Bible, Bible studies, witnessing, natures walks and making the whole day about God. From Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. I read my bible daily, but God's Sabbath is His special day and a day I put aside all my weekly pursuits to spend with God. I find it a real blessing.

We are told that Sabbath is a day of worship in Isaiah 66:23. It's a day that God blessed, made holy, sanctified- these words sound like it should be the day worthy of our worship, more so than a day God told us to do our work. Do you not agree?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Catholic Mass Times:

Sunday: 10:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 12:30 PM
Monday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Tuesday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Thursday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Friday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Saturday: 5:30 PM

Looks to me like they don't only worship on Sunday.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Catholic Mass Times:
Sunday: 10:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 7:30 AM, 12:30 PM
Monday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Tuesday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Thursday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Friday: 11:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 6:30 AM
Saturday: 5:30 PM
What day just from the amount of services takes priority?

God's Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I worship God every day too, but I keep the Sabbath holy as commanded by God Exodus 20:8. The Sabbath day is more than a day of rest, while that is part of it. It's about having a full day of communion with our Savior on His holy Sabbath day. Isaiah 58:13, 14 Yes, I do go to church on Sabbath and the rest of the day I spend in prayer, reading the Bible, Bible studies, witnessing, natures walks and making the whole day about God. From Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. I read my bible daily, but God's Sabbath is His special day and a day I put aside all my weekly pursuits to spend with God. I find it a real blessing.

We are told that Sabbath is a day of worship in Isaiah 66:23. It's a day that God blessed, made holy, sanctified- these words sound like it should be the day worthy of our worship, more so than a day God told us to do our work. Do you not agree?

Isaiah 66:23 says "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord." That's not worship only on one day week, it's wordship month to month and week by week. In other words not just one day, but continually.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What day just from the amount of services takes priority?

As far as I know, mass is mass, any time it's held. The point is they have worship times at church about 20 times a week - which I imagine is a lot more often than your church . What you should be upset about is people doing any kind of labor on the Sabbath Day.

God's Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening.

And that's when I refrain from doing any labor. When it comes to prayer, worship and reading scripture, I do that 7 days a week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know, mass is mass, any time it's held. The point is they have worship times at church about 20 times a week - which I imagine is a lot more often than your church . What you should be upset about is people doing any kind of labor on the Sabbath Day.

And that's when I refrain from doing any labor.

Here is God's commandment:

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

You can have a 1000 services on any day of the week, but it doesn't change what God asked to keep holy the seventh day Exodus 20:8-11

It's like your spouse asking you to do A B C, but you do L M N O P Q R S and everything except A B C. While you're doing more work- is it what they asked. It’s what Jesus was referring to by worshipping in vain. We should obey even more so our Creator and Savior.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is God's commandment:

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

You can have a 1000 services on any day of the week, but it doesn't change what God that God asked us to keep holy the seventh day Exodus 20:8-11

It's like your spouse asking you to do A B C, but you do L M N O P Q R S and everything except A B C. While you're doing more work- is it what they asked. We should obey even more so our Creator and Savior.

God said to keep the seventh day holy by resting from labor, because He rested from His labors on the seventh day. I don't recall hearing an SDA saying anything about labor, it's always what day you go to church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God said to keep the seventh day holy by resting from labor, because He rested from His labors on the seventh day. I don't recall hearing an SDA saying anything about labor, it's always what day you go to church.
We do not do labor on Gods Sabbath. God said to keep His Sabbath holy. Part of that is to not do labor, rest from our work. Exodus 20:8-11

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do not do labor on Gods Sabbath. God said to keep His Sabbath holy. Part of that is to not do labor, rest from our work. Exodus 20:8-11

Ceasing from labor is the main priority of the Sabbath, not something additional to it. Resting from labor is how it's keep holy. If you so much as picked up some sticks on the Sabbath, you got stoned to death Numbers 15:32-36. My guess is that you have done trivial labor of that sort on the Sabbath, like picking up a pair of socks or kids toys, without thinking a thing about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ceasing from labor is the main priority of the Sabbath, not something additional to it. Resting from labor is how it's keep holy. If you so much as picked up some sticks on the Sabbath, you got stoned to death Numbers 15:32-36. My guess is that you have done trivial labor of that sort on the Sabbath, like picking up a pair of socks or kids toys, without thinking a thing about it.
God said to keep His Sabbath holy. Exodus 20:8. Hallow my Sabbath and it will be sign you're one of God's people. Ezekiel 20:12. Ezekiel 20:20 so God said keeping the Sabbath holy "Hallow His Sabbath day" is the priority, which is why we stop working on Sabbath to keep the day holy.

The wages of sin is death which includes breaking the 4th commandment. We have an Advocate in Jesus who forgives us from sin, when we truly repent. Truly repenting means to turn away from sin and start obeying. God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.