Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I always think that simply quoting the letter proves little, a child could do it, with pet scriptures, discerning the message written in scripture is a bit harder to do. It would firstly be nice to hear your take on Gal2:17&18. Why did Paul ask the question for example: Does Christ promote sin? What justification is Paul talking about in those verses? It is a justification that takes time to achieve, justification is instantaneous upon accepting Christ as your saviour? What does Paul mean when he states: If I rebuild what I destroyed I really would be a lawbreaker? Thanks

Quoting the letter is the only thing that needs to be done in order for those of full age to understand.

It doesn't need to be spelled out for them because, they believe what the Word (Bible) says because, it is truth.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, what's your take concerning Galatians 2 when Paul calls out Peter for his fear and hypocrisy? Was Peter not a born again believer?

Absolutely! But in Christ we have no sin! But our flesh is still the flesh and if we choose to live in the flesh for a period of time- we commit sin!

We do not lose our salvation (for all of our sin was paid for at the cross).

• Agree
Reactions: not under law
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no sin in the life of the Born Again Believer.

When we walk in the Holy Spirit-no! But If we choose to walk in our flesh- we sin! Our position is perfect before God, but our experience is that we are growing in grace and the knowledge of Jesus. We still sin and fall short. Some things we do not even know are sin yet- because God has not brought us to that place in our life where we can jettison that sin. God perfected us forever at the moment of salvation, but now He is making our lives gorw to match what He did! that is called sanctification.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When we walk in the Holy Spirit-no! But If we choose to walk in our flesh- we sin!

In Baptism you are Regenerated unto Newness of life in the Spirit, you are dead to the Flesh through Baptism.

From the moment you are Regenerated you are alive in the Spirit, and Walk in the Spirit from then on.

How do you walk out of your life in the Spirit, and walk in the Flesh if you are dead to the flesh, and then turn around and walk in the Spirit again?

We still sin and fall short. Some things we do not even know are sin yet- because God has not brought us to that place in our life where we can jettison that sin.

You as a Born Again Child of God Cannot Sin because.

1 Jn. 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Rom 8:3,4
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Sin in the Flesh of the Believer is destroyed through Jesus.
The Flesh of the Believer is Dead because of Regeneration.
The Born Again Believer is dead to Sin, the Law, and the Flesh.
Dead Flesh cannot sin, because it is not accountable to the Law.

God perfected us forever at the moment of salvation, but now He is making our lives gorw to match what He did! that is called sanctification.

Having been perfected forever at the moment of salvation, we cannot sin, we ARE, Have Been Sanctified, and Justified upon our Salvation.

Act. 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Act. 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
When we walk in the Holy Spirit-no! But If we choose to walk in our flesh- we sin! Our position is perfect before God, but our experience is that we are growing in grace and the knowledge of Jesus. We still sin and fall short. Some things we do not even know are sin yet- because God has not brought us to that place in our life where we can jettison that sin. God perfected us forever at the moment of salvation, but now He is making our lives gorw to match what He did! that is called sanctification.
Good post. The 'church of God' in Corinth hadn't grown as Paul wanted them to. He said they were still babes in Christ, carnally minded, with envy, strife and division, but they were still the church of God

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Baptism you are Regenerated unto Newness of life in the Spirit, you are dead to the Flesh through Baptism.

From the moment you are Regenerated you are alive in the Spirit, and Walk in the Spirit from then on.

How do you walk out of your life in the Spirit, and walk in the Flesh if you are dead to the flesh, and then turn around and walk in the Spirit again?

You as a Born Again Child of God Cannot Sin because.

1 Jn. 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Rom 8:3,4
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Sin in the Flesh of the Believer is destroyed through Jesus.
The Flesh of the Believer is Dead because of Regeneration.
The Born Again Believer is dead to Sin, the Law, and the Flesh.
Dead Flesh cannot sin, because it is not accountable to the Law.

Having been perfected forever at the moment of salvation, we cannot sin, we ARE, Have Been Sanctified, and Justified upon our Salvation.

Act. 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Act. 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

So I am not misunderstanding, are you saying that once one is born again, they cease from sin and no longer sin for the rest of their lives?

Yes or No.

• Prayers
Reactions: boxman144
Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I've seen that some of you might be arguing. Please don't. It makes both people feel bad.

Anyways, I found another video that explains sinless perfection. Please watch and share your opinions.

May Jesus Christ guide you,

boxman144 :amen:

• Winner
Reactions: nolidad
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So I am not misunderstanding, are you saying that once one is born again, they cease from sin and no longer sin for the rest of their lives?

Yes or No.

("yes") ----- ISN'T IT GREAT WHAT THE Lord HATH DONE!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

I've seen that some of you might be arguing. Please don't. It makes both people feel bad.

Anyways, I found another video that explains sinless perfection. Please watch and share your opinions.

May Jesus Christ guide you,

boxman144 :amen:

Now if people can recognize the difference between our position in Christ and our experience in day to day living, alot of people can be set free!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
("yes") ----- ISN'T IT GREAT WHAT THE Lord HATH DONE!

Well I am awaiting to see that first person who once born again never sinned again for the rest of their natural lives! They have yet to be born .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Well I am awaiting to see that first person who once born again never sinned again for the rest of their natural lives! They have yet to be born .

Me too. Also waiting on someone pointing out the passage where Paul tells those in the Corinthian church that they weren't actually saved, because they sure had a lot of sin issues to deal with as a whole.

I think these people have such a low bar on what sin is, that they don't recognize it when they see it.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me too. Also waiting on someone pointing out the passage where Paul tells those in the Corinthian church that they weren't actually saved, because they sure had a lot of sin issues to deal with as a whole.

I think these people have such a low bar on what sin is, that they don't recognize it when they see it.

My opinion is, that they leave in lots of denial, or a constant sense of fear because they view God as an angry God ready to zap them the first time they are imperfect. I am sure glad for Romans 5: and Romans 8.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

You have just not matured enough to have been shown the knowledge which the Bible clearly expresses in Christ.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Now if people can recognize the difference between our position in Christ and our experience in day to day living, alot of people can be set free!

Christians have BEEN set free, what is it you do not understand about your being Dead to Sin Dead, to the Law, Dead to the flesh.

How do you continue to sin?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have just not matured enough to have been shown the knowledge which the Bible clearly expresses in Christ.

Wow! Is that taught to all of you who think you have ceased from sin! That the rest of us are not mature and according to your earlier writings the 99.999999999999% of the rest of people who are trusting Jesus to save them are not in Christ and therefore unsaved!

So how long has it been that you have not sinned in thought word or deed for even an nanosecond?

YOu need to be very very careful or your arrogance here.

1 John 1:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Please do not parse this out in the Greek, you will have a very bad day if you do!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians have BEEN set free, what is it you do not understand about your being Dead to Sin Dead, to the Law, Dead to the flesh.

How do you continue to sin?

Because though I am perfected forever, seated with Christ in heavenly places, dead and hidden in Christ, Justified and glorified, I am still in the process of being made perfectly holy!

You have the disease known as the "cleopatra syndrome". For you are a queen of "de-nial".

I hope you have ceased from sin, but if you are as human as the rest of your brothers and sisters, you sin and just find ways to not call it sin. Which is sad, for you fail to see the daily mercies and riches of God.

See true Christians hate sin, but we all (including you ) live in bodies of sin and death and have not been perfected in you rmind, but we know th edeep love of God in that He already saved us, already seated us, made us His Children, and when we act as disobedient children, receive His tender forgiveness when we practice 1 JOhn 1:9.

I am saddened that you deny your own failings so you miss how deep th eFathers love for you!

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Wow! Is that taught to all of you who think you have ceased from sin! That the rest of us are not mature and according to your earlier writings the 99.999999999999% of the rest of people who are trusting Jesus to save them are not in Christ and therefore unsaved!

So how long has it been that you have not sinned in thought word or deed for even an nanosecond?

YOu need to be very very careful or your arrogance here.

1 John 1:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Please do not parse this out in the Greek, you will have a very bad day if you do!

I don't have to parse anything out, it's the beginning of what John wrote, didn't you notice in chapter 3 that he apparently contradicted what he wrote in chapter 1, can you explain chapter 3 in light of chapter 1?

You have shown you do not understand, by your posting of the worn out proof verses everyone like you use.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was a good one. :bow:

Glad you liked it. I have been waiting to use that corny joke for awhile!

But Jiminz, I hope you remember that you are human. You have failed and will fail, and your Father in heaven will not love you one ounce less when you fail! Do I wish you fail? Of course not! But it is inevitable for all who live in these bodies of sin!

Yes we are dead to sin IN Christ
Yes we are seated in heavenly places IN CHRIST
Yes we are justified IN CHRIST
Yes we are glorified IN CHRIST
Yes we are already perfect in CHRIST!

And yes every believer is in Christ! But we still sadly at times go back to the flesh (even as Pual admitted He did). When we do, we acknowledge our sin and god forgives us!

What you need to learn is the difference between our position in Jesus (all the yesses I wrote)
And our daily experience or walk. Hopefully we are still growing grace and knowledge and being transformed by the renewing of our mind. But holiness is the process of God daily making us what He has already declared we are!

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I hope you have ceased from sin, but if you are as human as the rest of your brothers and sisters, you sin and just find ways to not call it sin.

Is that your response to my posting.

Your Dead to Sin
Dead to the Law
Dead to the Flesh

How then do you sin?

See true Christians hate sin, but we all (including you ) live in bodies of sin and death and have not been perfected in you rmind, but we know th edeep love of God in that He already saved us, already seated us, made us His Children, and when we act as disobedient children, receive His tender forgiveness when we practice 1 JOhn 1:9.

I will explain how I know why you do not understand.
You do not understand (Believe), YOU are DEAD to the FLESH, you keep saying

"we live in bodies of sin and death"

You believe because your still alive in your physical body you sin, we sin in what Paul called the OLD MAN the Flesh (The Human Nature of Man).
The Old Man was Crucified with Christ through Baptism, and Raised unto Newness of life in the Spirit.

Why can't you acknowledge that simple fact?

Paul said.

Rom 6:3-7
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:10,11
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal. 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

So you see, it isn't a walking INTO Sanctification, through our sinning and repenting, on a continual basis, it was done on the Cross for us and we Identify with Christ and His death through our Baptism.

Upvote 0