Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you obey all of the deeper law of Christ's commands in the Gospels? Do you obey them all perfectly without slip?

God thinks so, so that is all that matters. All my prayers are answered, and that seems to be the test.

1 John 3:21-24.
21 Beloveds, if our hearts do not condemn us, then we have trust before God – 22 and whatever we ask, we shall receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment: that we believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave commandment. 24 And he who keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him. And by this we know that there abides in us of the Spirit that he gave us.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You've said that, then quote John... You haven't said what Paul actually said.
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law/observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Righteousness through faith
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe Rom 3:20-22

Sin is the transgression of the law 1John3:4

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God thinks so, so that is all that matters. All my prayers are answered, and that seems to be the test.

1 John 3:21-24.
21 Beloveds, if our hearts do not condemn us, then we have trust before God – 22 and whatever we ask, we shall receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment: that we believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave commandment. 24 And he who keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him. And by this we know that there abides in us of the Spirit that he gave us.
I am asking you. Do you claim to perfectly without slip or deviation obey all of Christ's commands in the Gospels?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law/observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Righteousness through faith
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe Rom 3:20-22

Sin is the transgression of the law 1John3:4

I agree with Paul. Not the works of the law, but the works of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree with Paul. Not the works of the law, but the works of the Spirit.
If the Christian has no righteousness of obeying the law that is the opposite of your belief, which is, the Christian is righteeous if they perfectly obey the law

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
If the Christian has no righteousness of obeying the law that is the opposite of your belief, which is, the Christian is righteeous if they perfectly obey the law

Not the law of Moses, but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ which makes me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:2

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
You just committed sin. See how easy it is? And I doubt you even have a conscience in doing so

I you are still applying 1 John 1:8, I'm not an unbeliever. I've already repented. That person hasn't. We are either a sinner still, or a child of God. I am a child of God. 1 John 3:1; John 8:34-36

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I you are still applying 1 John 1:8, I'm not an unbeliever. I've already repented. That person hasn't. We are either a sinner still, or a child of God. I am a child of God. 1 John 3:1
I'm afraid there is nothing left to discuss. You just claimed you perfectly obey all of Jesus commands in the Gospels, that is not the truth is it. See, I do not believe in righteousness of obeying the law as you clearly do, but I could not be so blatantly untruthful as you have just been

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you disagree with? Did you read the quote?

Do you believe the Sermon on the Mount where Christ told us what His deeper laws are need to be kept, or do you consider any law as the law of Moses?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm afraid there is nothing left to discuss. You just claimed you perfectly obey all of Jesus commands in the Gospels, that is not the truth is it. See, I do not believe in righteousness of obeying the law as you clearly do, but I could not be so blatantly untruthful as you have just been

So you claim to willfully sin? If so, then you are a slave to sin and not a child of God.

John 8:34-36

Evidently in your circle you've never met a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus said, beware of the yeast of the Pharisees which is hypocrisy Luke12:1
No one who claims to be sinless on this thread is sinless. The truth is, the people who insist you have righteousness of obeying the law are in my experience the most guilty of lawbreaking. I honestly do not know how they can so blatantly tell untruths without having their conscience seered by doing so.
Victory over sin is dying to righteousness of obeying the law. Beware of those who refuse to accept it

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you claim to willfully sin? If so, then you are a slave to sin and not a child of God.

John 8:34-36

Evidently in your circle you've never met a Christian.
Well you just wilfully sinned, and I would be very surprised if anyone believed your claim of perfectly obeying all of Christ's commands in the Gospels without deviation or slip

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said, beware of the yeast of the Pharisees which is hypocrisy Luke12:1
No one who claims to be sinless on this thread is sinless. The truth is, the people who insist you have righteousness of obeying the law are in my experience the most guilty of lawbreaking. I honestly do not know how they can so blatantly tell untruths without having their conscience seered by doing so.
Victory over sin is dying to righteousness of obeying the law. Beware of those who refuse to accept it

Seeing as Jesus answers all my prayers, I'll trust what His word says about me and not someone proud of their sins.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Seeing as Jesus answers all my prayers, I'll trust what His word says about me and not someone proud of their sins.
Bye

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well you just wilfully sinned, and I would be very surprised if anyone believed your claim of perfectly obeying all of Christ's commands in the Gospels without deviation or slip

It is not hard. His yoke is easy, and his burden is light. It is only hard for those who don't have the Spirit of Christ in them doing all the heavy lifting.

Upvote 0