Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We don't? Why not? What sin is God not able to deliver us from? As we get older if we don't stop we sure slow down. If we do not die in our sin.

1 John 5:16 "If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that."

Again, the Bible clearly states that if we claim to be without sin, then we are a liar and the truth is not in us, and it should be obvious that we can't point to anyone who has stopped sinning. Having the freedom from something does not necessarily mean that we will use that freedom. According to Titus 2:11-14, our salvation involves being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to refrain from doing what is ungodly and sinful, so in this life we are being trained to refrain from sin, but this is not a training that will be completed until he who began a good work in us is faithful to complete it on the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6). In Titus 2:14, it also says that our salvation involves Christ giving himself to redeem us from all all Lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works. So we have been delivered from sin, we are being delivered from sin, and we will be delivered from sin.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, this is just something I've been wondering lately, can you become sinless or can anybody truly stop sinning (after they have been saved)? I've come across various people on youtube, namely these 3 people
One Reality
Robert Lyte
finalcall07
that believe this "doctrine" (is it a doctrine?)

The answer to this question is No. In our flesh, it's impossible for us to be sinless. As we develop a deeper relationship with God, we'll naturally begin to sin less and less, but we'll never be able to reach a point of becoming completely sinless within our flesh. But there is a part of us that has become sinless, and has stopped sinning, and that part of us is our new born again spirits. The moment we got saved, our spirits became perfect. They are sinless, and are as saved they will ever be throughout all of eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yea sorry I had no idea where to put it! How do you move it?
I will put in a request for you. Someone with appropriate permissions would have to move it. I'll do what I can.

:)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, the Bible clearly states that if we claim to be without sin
There are three things you need to remember: context, context, context. The Bible says: "the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. " So I ask you for the third time now, what sin is the Precious Blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us from?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
MATTHEW.5: = Adultery in the Heart
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

I have no problem with Matthew, although I have yet to meet any Christian quite 'Bible believing' enough to follow what he says here.

I do, however, have a problem with the unBiblical nonsense you extrapolated from somewhere or other.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
There are three things you need to remember: context, context, context. The Bible says: "the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. " So I ask you for the third time now, what sin is the Precious Blood of Jesus not able to cleanse us from?

That is not the question. The question is, can Christians live lives without sin.

The answer is no, and to believe that we can is heresy.

• Agree
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One Of The Elect

May 26, 2017
Albany
✟20,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer to this question is No. In our flesh, it's impossible for us to be sinless. As we develop a deeper relationship with God, we'll naturally begin to sin less and less, but we'll never be able to reach a point of becoming completely sinless within our flesh. But there is a part of us that has become sinless, and has stopped sinning, and that part of us is our new born again spirits. The moment we got saved, our spirits became perfect. They are sinless, and are as saved they will ever be throughout all of eternity.
I disagree, Matthew5:48 You, therefore , must be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect. Being born again is to become perfect through the application of the faith. There are trials- and sometimes we fall but the end goal is perfection .( Rev14:5 and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are spotless.) This to say immaculate- meaning: without stain or blemish, spotlessly clean.( 1John 3:2 Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be , but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.)

Upvote 0

One Of The Elect

May 26, 2017
Albany
✟20,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to ask one of the admin to close this thread if it can't be moved. This heresy is getting too much.

Read TT's SoP if you're wanting to post here.
Was there something offensive concerning the scripture I posted?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Was there something offensive concerning the scripture I posted?

As has been stated, by TT's posters. Pelgianism, what you are stating in your posts is a heresy in the traditional Christian church, and this forum is about traditional, orthodox theology.

Upvote 0

One Of The Elect

May 26, 2017
Albany
✟20,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we could live without sin, we wouldn't have needed Christ's sacrifice on Calvary, now would we?

We wouldn't need to repent and atone.
Christ is the way for sinners to become perfect. Through Him we become as Him. For when he returns we shall be like Him. "Be thou perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. How is it heresy to follow Christ Words?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
We are not perfect beings though, we follow Christ and turn away from sin, that does not free us from sinning again. What you are suggesting is when we follow Christ, we become perfect which matches this heresy.

Pelagianism is the belief that original sin did not taint human nature and that mortal will is still capable of choosing good or evil without special divine aid. This theological theory is named after the British monk Pelagius (354–420 or 440), although he denied, at least at some point in his life, many of the doctrines associated with his name. Pelagius was identified as an Irishman by Saint Jerome.[1] Pelagius taught that the human will, as created with its abilities by God, was sufficient to live a sinless life, although he believed that God's grace assisted every good work. Pelagianism has come to be identified with the view (whether taught by Pelagius or not) that human beings can earn salvation by their own efforts.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
MATTHEW.5: = Adultery in the Heart
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Our relationship with God is compared to marriage. Adam was one who became two when God opened a wound in his side to bring out a woman...a woman who prepared a (forbidden) feast he ate...which is a picture in scripture of our soul's journey/process taking place within. We listen/see with our own soul or awake to His spirit alive within...while two remain, there is duality within...which is promised to come to an end when we find ourselves healed and ONE (again) through Christ/The Door...

It is about perspective as it relates to the questions God asked in the garden, "Where art thou, who told you you were naked...and hast thou eaten?" Jesus said "Take no thought..."...perceiving from where we are within the process taking place within (the kingdom is within and does not come with observation outside (five senses)...

"He that hath the bride is the bridegroom:..."

"For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called."

"The Spirit and The Bride say Come"

Upvote 0

One Of The Elect

May 26, 2017
Albany
✟20,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not the question. The question is, can Christians live lives without sin.

The answer is no, and to believe that we can is heresy.
Matthew5:48 'You, therefore must be perfect , as your heavenly Father is perfect." What does this mean? Is this a heresy?1 John 3:2 ' Beloved, we are God's children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as he is. " Is this scripture heresy too? Rev14:5 and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are spotless." Is this heresy?

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
It is if you think that as son as you accept Christ you are not in constant need to repent and atone for sins you commit after accepting Christ. Have you not understood that yet?

We as humans are still under the penalty of original sin, Christ's blood covers our sins, IF WE repent, not by no action on our own behalf.

Upvote 0