Can there be ADULTERY without sexual intercourse?

CAN'T WE SHARE LOVE, SHARE LOVING EMBRACES with anyone of age and of the opposite sex?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2012
✟15,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
<Staff Edit>

As far as your question, let's go to the scriptures...

But before we do that let's look at it from another angle....We are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves, correct? So hypothetically if one was to kiss another person or "play around" as you put it will it hurt your spouse? And in turn if it hurts your spouse, then should you do that? Based on the Bible most of us would say a resounding no, but that is a question you will have to answer for yourself. For example, if I spend a ton of money and lied to my husband about it is that really loving him? I would have to answer no. So in the same way if I went and kissed another man, I would consider that disrespectful to my husband and not loving him as myself and I would feel hurt if he did that to me, make sense?

Now let's look at scripture......

If we look at Matthew 5:28 at what Jesus says then, if you look at a woman in lust, then you have already committed adultery in your heart. i.e. inappropriate contentography (this goes both ways for men & woman).

Job 31:1 Depending on which version of the Bible you use....I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman (NIV) or I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid (KJV).

Job 31:9- Basically if my heart has been seduced by a woman, or if I have lusted for my neighbors wife..... it goes onto say that this is a heinous crime one that should be judged.

I John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life is not of the Father but is of the world.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Proverbs 6:25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes (NIV) or Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.(KJV)

Proverbs 7:13 (most of the Proverbs are filled with this) She took hold of him and kissed him and with a brazen face she said: (NIV) or So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him, (KJV)

Matthew 6:22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If you eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. (NIV) or The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. (KJV)

There are alot more scriptures dealing with lust I would suggest asking the Holy Spirit to reveal your questions on this matter....As far as a good barometer though.... Ask yourself: would this be displeasing to God? Would Jesus do this? Am I hurting anyone? If you are hurting someone it is probably a good indication that you are on a slippery slope and that you are not loving your neighbor as yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rayquest
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.