Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe this leaves out every man as no one except Christ has kept the law. So trying does not even count. We all fail at this miserably.
Jesus kept the law for us. We cannot (or will not)keep the law. This is why Jesus died.

What an ominous statement from one who claims to be saved. Do you practice evil then? Do you think Jesus was kidding about keeping His commandments? If you are married, does your wife know you can't keep from committing adultery? Have you told God you cannot love Him?

What a horrendous life you must lead, if you miserably fail at keeping His commandments. Maybe you should tell Jesus you can't keep His commandments, tell Him you don't love Him and you don't want to do what He says to enter life.

Jesus did not keep the law for you. Who told you this? You are responsible for your shortcomings, and no one is going to do anything for you, which you are told to do.

Since you can't keep from bearing false witness, how can anyone believe anything you say? And you are a deacon? You wouldn't be a deacon at any church I attended.

Oh, how the church today has trampled underfoot the words of Life from Jesus.

• Winner
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What an ominous statement from one who claims to be saved. Do you practice evil then? Do you think Jesus was kidding about keeping His commandments? If you are married, does your wife know you can't keep from committing adultery? Have you told God you cannot love Him?

What a horrendous life you must lead, if you miserably fail at keeping His commandments. Maybe you should tell Jesus you can't keep His commandments, tell Him you don't love Him and you don't want to do what He says to enter life.

Jesus did not keep the law for you. Who told you this? You are responsible for your shortcomings, and no one is going to do anything for you, which you are told to do.

Since you can't keep from bearing false witness, how can anyone believe anything you say? And you are a deacon? You wouldn't be a deacon at any church I attended.

And I suppose you live sin free? I was speaking honestly. I ask for forgiveness daily. Do you? Or am I speaking to some sinless man?
Let's be honest. Man, whether a believer in Christ or lost, struggles with sin continuously
It is the very reason we come to Christ. We come to Him because we NEED His forgiveness and not because we Are these supposed sinless pharasitcal lying actors.Yes, I admit to being imperfect. I do not think I live free of committing sin. I confess my.sins regularly. I suppose since you never sin, confession is useless to you.
The difference between me and you.is I admit to being a sinner. I fight being a sinner as hard as I can but sadly I still.wear imperfect flesh. Bit somehow you seen to believe you live perfectly. Yes I am Deacon. Have been for 19 years
And yes, even the clergy battle sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is better to not let desire grow into sin. (stop nurturing sin)

Fight / battle/ temptation BEFORE it grows into sin - sinning is much worse with much worse results than being tempted and resisting temptation.
I believe most Christian are in this battle. And yet there are times when we fail. So we ask forgiveness, get up and continue the battle. We are ALL sinners being saved by the grace of God.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just a tad judgemental.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hard to accept Truth ? There was an offer to reveal about eight false assumptions you made in one short post, but you didn't seem to want to know.
Now, here, is another false assumption >>
Just a tad judgemental.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hard to accept Truth ? There was an offer to reveal about eight false assumptions you made in one short post, but you didn't seem to want to know.
Now, here, is another false assumption >>
I did ask but you did not reply. As I did not write eight things this should be interesting

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I suppose you live sin free? I was speaking honestly. I ask for forgiveness daily. Do you? Or am I speaking to some sinless man?
Let's be honest. Man, whether a believer in Christ or lost, struggles with sin continuously
It is the very reason we come to Christ. We come to Him because we NEED His forgiveness and not because we Are these supposed sinless pharasitcal lying actors.Yes, I admit to being imperfect. I do not think I live free of committing sin. I confess my.sins regularly. I suppose since you never sin, confession is useless to you.
The difference between me and you.is I admit to being a sinner. I fight being a sinner as hard as I can but sadly I still.wear imperfect flesh. Bit somehow you seen to believe you live perfectly. Yes I am Deacon. Have been for 19 years
And yes, even the clergy battle sin.

Please don't take offense at what I said. I was replying to you saying 'we all fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. I think you were speaking of yourself, because I don't 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. In fact, they aren't difficult to keep. Why makes them difficult for you to keep?

The thing about forgiveness, is that you are to remove the sin you of which you asked forgiveness. You don't keep committing the same sin over and over. I can see why you 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments if you keep committing the same sin over and over.

I never said I wasn't a sinner; where did you get that? However, when I asked for forgiveness, I don't keep committing the same sin over and over.

As far as being of the clergy, do you think you are to be an example to others? Do you show others you 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments? Do you tell others you can't love God?
Do you tell others you can't keep His commandment of not committing adultery? Do you steal from the church? Do you look after the women of the church to lust for them? If you can't keep His commandments, this is why you would never be a deacon of any church I attended.

Anyone can keep His commandments. The problem is people 'will not' keep them. They willfully choose not to keep them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
He said he asked, but doesn't seem to want to know, so would it do any good to reveal to him his own false assumptions ? For now, I don't think so, even though he will claim again he made no false assumptions. It is difficult online (maybe in person too with some? ) ..... when they don't believe the truth when it is posted..... continuing to post at their request seems like tossing out the good with no good results..... and since it still looks that way..... "there is a time to wait" .... and pray .... so it is now....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please don't take offense at what I said. I was replying to you saying 'we all fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. I think you were speaking of yourself, because I don't 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. In fact, they aren't difficult to keep. Why makes them difficult for you to keep?

The thing about forgiveness, is that you are to remove the sin you of which you asked forgiveness. You don't keep committing the same sin over and over. I can see why you 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments if you keep committing the same sin over and over.

I never said I wasn't a sinner; where did you get that? However, when I asked for forgiveness, I don't keep committing the same sin over and over.

As far as being of the clergy, do you think you are to be an example to others? Do you show others you 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments? Do you tell others you can't love God?
Do you tell others you can't keep His commandment of not committing adultery? Do you steal from the church? Do you look after the women of the church to lust for them? If you can't keep His commandments, this is why you would never be a deacon of any church I attended.

Anyone can keep His commandments. The problem is people 'will not' keep them. They willfully choose not to keep them.
What I am is a human, just like you. A sinner.
Actually, you have judged yourself by your own words. I was just observing.
No, you were judging. You said I was not fit to be a Deacon. You also presented yourself as perfect. That is something I know better than to believe.
Man had attempted for an eon before Christ to keep God's law. No man succeeded until the man Jesus did. St.Paul even admits he knew to do right but did wrong. So why should I believe any man who claims to keep the law. You can and should try but you will not sucseed.I mean you judged me and you don't even know me. Pretty sure judging is something we are not to do. Something called sin. I am not saying you sinned but as you know nothing of me, saying I should not be a Deacon when God said I should be makes you wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He said he asked, but doesn't seem to want to know, so would it do any good to reveal to him his own false assumptions ? For now, I don't think so, even though he will claim again he made no false assumptions. It is difficult online (maybe in person too with some? ) ..... when they don't believe the truth when it is posted..... continuing to post at their request seems like tossing out the good with no good results..... and since it still looks that way..... "there is a time to wait" .... and pray .... so it is now....
Oh I am eagerly awaiting those numerous wrongs I spoke in that very short post. But as of yet they have not been provided.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What I am is a human, just like you. A sinner.

I never questioned your humanity. Why are you getting so defensive?

No, you were judging. You said I was not fit to be a Deacon. You also presented yourself as perfect. That is something I know better than to believe.

I did not say you were unfit to be a deacon. But, if you can't keep His commandments, I can see why you bear false witness against me.

I never said I was perfect; that came from your imagination.

Man had attempted for an eon before Christ to keep God's law. No man succeeded until the man Jesus did. St.Paul even admits he knew to do right but did wrong. So why should I believe any man who claims to keep the law. You can and should try but you will not sucseed.I mean you judged me and you don't even know me. Pretty sure judging is something we are not to do. Something called sin. I am not saying you sinned but as you know nothing of me, saying I should not be a Deacon when God said I should be makes you wrong.

Here are Paul's words from Philippians 3 -

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Was Paul blameless concerning the righteousness of the law?

Then we have this from Luke 1 -

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Here we have two people who walked in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. So, we do find man succeeded in keeping His commandments. Will you find any blame?

Again, why are you so defensive? I never said you should not be a deacon; I said you would never be a deacon in any church I attended. Any deacon in my church better keep His commandments. I do not want a deacon who cannot love God and his neighbor. Nor do I want a deacon who cannot control his lusts and look upon other women to commit adultery with them. God knows, no one needs a deacon who cannot keep His commandment to not steal.

So, if you want to be a deacon and cannot keep His commandments, go right ahead. You are not the first, and surely will not be the last.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Please don't take offense at what I said. I was replying to you saying 'we all fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. I think you were speaking of yourself, because I don't 'fail miserably' at keeping His commandments. In fact, they aren't difficult to keep. Why makes them difficult .... to keep?
When people don't believe Jesus, and don't obey the Father, nor follow Jesus, nor believe the Bible,
perhaps it is difficult because of unbelief, doubt, fear, and selfishness ?
Or, like the scribes and the pharisees opposed to Yahweh, seeking to kill Jesus,
perhaps some seek the approval of their peers instead of God's Praise ?

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never questioned your humanity. Why are you getting so defensive?

I did not say you were unfit to be a deacon. But, if you can't keep His commandments, I can see why you bear false witness against me.

I never said I was perfect; that came from your imagination.

Here are Paul's words from Philippians 3 -

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Was Paul blameless concerning the righteousness of the law?

Then we have this from Luke 1 -

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Here we have two people who walked in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. So, we do find man succeeded in keeping His commandments. Will you find any blame?

Again, why are you so defensive? I never said you should not be a deacon; I said you would never be a deacon in any church I attended. Any deacon in my church better keep His commandments. I do not want a deacon who cannot love God and his neighbor. Nor do I want a deacon who cannot control his lusts and look upon other women to commit adultery with them. God knows, no one needs a deacon who cannot keep His commandment to not steal.

So, if you want to be a deacon and cannot keep His commandments, go right ahead. You are not the first, and surely will not be the last.
So you attend a church with sinless deacons
Imagine that
A church with deacons who do not need Christ to save them from thier sins. Perfect people who gather in the name of Christ.but do not truly.need Him being free of sin that Christ died for.
Oddly these deacons belong to a "different" church" even though there is but one true Church.
Yes I freely admit to.being imperfect. I need Christ. Paul.also admitted to being imperfect so I guess he also would not be welcome in your church. Paul also did not agree with holding the gentiles to keeping the Jewish law. He did not require them to be circumcised or to keep the dietary laws. So I guess he wouldn't be welcome in your church. Just what is the name of this sinless
Church?
And yet I have caught you in lies. Saying you did not judge, when you judged. Saying you do not sin when you do. Claiming perfection when clearly you are not. Saying you keep the law when you do not.
Am I judging you? No, your words judge you. I know that all men sin and fall short of the glory of God. How do I know This? God has His word written by men, who are also sinners, but inspired of God, and I can trust it as the truth. Your words. I do not trust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree we can keep from sinning. But in truth we don't. I believe we can keep the commands of God. And yet we do not. I do keep some perfectly and others I break without even realizing it when I do it. I have no excuse. I know better and yet I find myself asking God to forgive me yet again. I do not committ adultery.
That is easy for me. I do not steal. That is easy for me. But some sin seeks up on me without me even noticing . I believe this is common with every believer.
You say you don't sin much. Sorry but much.is not our goal. We are not to sin at all. I don't know if you or I sin more. It doesn't really matter. One sin is enough to condemn us.
I ask my Father to show me where I fall short. He is faithful in answering that prayer. That is why I admit to falling short. My falling short is why Christ died for me. I do sin less as I age. But less is not nearly enough. So I go to God often seeking His forgiveness and guidance.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Such an odd post. You say you do not fail miserably and then you admit to being a sinner. Sorry to inform you but if you sin, you have failed miserably. Christ washef you as white as snow and then you sinned. Do you consider that making a passing grade? Tje only reason any of us miserable sinners will find heaven as home is becaise Christ loves us. Not because we are worthy.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Will obeying the law whether it is the Ten Commandments or Sharia save you? Is the law more important than people or Jesus?

If no Law saves, then why is there a command to believe on Jesus Christ? (1 John 3:23).
Are you saying you do not have to obey that Law and yet you can still be saved?
If no Law saves, then why did Jesus say, if you will enter into life, keep the commandments? (Matthew 19:17). Are you saying you can commit murder, steal, and lie and not repent and still be saved?

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If no Law saves, then why is there a command to believe on Jesus Christ? (1 John 3:23).
Are you saying you do not have to obey that Law and yet you can still be saved?
If no Law saves, then why did Jesus say, if you will enter into life, keep the commandments? (Matthew 19:17). Are you saying you can commit murder, steal, and lie and not repent and still be saved?
That (believing in Christ )is a belief, not a law.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will obeying the law whether it is the Ten Commandments or Sharia save you? Is the law more important than people or Jesus?
Why would you ask about Sharia law on a Christisn site?
Sharia law will not save any man.

Upvote 0