Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing you omit is that Jesus was not sacrificed upon any altar. How you can say a cross is an altar is besides me
That’s because Jesus said He would be lifted up.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our conversation was not about being sinless. You added that so you could beat it to death. We were conversing about keeping His commandments.

As a child of God, you should be encouraging others to keep them and obey God. Instead, you speak words of doubt and weakness.

Zacharias did not doubt God. Perhaps you should read it more carefully. He did not believe the words of an angel. I'm sure if an angel appeared before you and told you if you wanted you enter life, keep His commandments, you would doubt and not believe what he said, even though he stood in the presence of God.
Come on dude. When you doubt an angel sent by God, you are doubting God.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of things here. Remission is mentioned throughout the Old and New Testaments, some with blood and most without. As Vine's notes, remission is a 'dismissal, release used of forgiveness of sins' and a 'passing by of debt of sin'.

Why would Jesus have to 'die' for sins which have been dismissed and released? What debt would Jesus have to 'pay' for sins if the debt has been passed? Did God drudge up old sins which had been dismissed and put them on Jesus? What atonement was needed for sins whose debt had been passed over?
He died for sins of those he did not meet or forgive. He died on the cross(an alter) for my sins and yours.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He died for sins of those he did not meet or forgive. He died on the cross(an alter) for my sins and yours.

The cross is not an altar. Perhaps you should go back to the OT, and actually see what an altar is.

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, if an angel appeared before you and told you that if you wanted you enter life, keep His commandments, would you doubt him?
If that Angel was an angel of God, no. I would not doubt a messenger of God.

Upvote 0