Can satan make war while bound in the pit?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan was in the pit for 1,000 years, but he is out now and has been for some time.

Start time of binding: Sometime between Christ's crucifixion and his ascension into heaven.

End time of binding: Just before the split between east and west in 1054 A.D.

Purpose of binding: So he could not exterminate the gospel in its infancy. After Satan was released he has been trying to exterminate the gospel, but this fails.

Why is it that folks who think satan is already in the pit, or has already been in the pit, can never show us with Scripture when this specifically initially occurred? Even you can't seem to make up your mind as to when. You think sometime between Christ's crucifixion and his ascension into heaven, which isn't exactly being pinpoint accurate. I have heard others say it initially happened at the cross, others saying it initially happened at Pentecost, etc. Why can't you all unanimously agree about when it was if he's already in there, or has already been in there but no longer is?

When do you feel he was cast to the earth, per Revelation 12? Would he be bound or loosed when that occurs?

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
Metropolis
✟44,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is that the Apostles talk about Satan roaming about even in their days , and that was after Jesus went to heaven.
And more recently one of my sons with his friends was messing around with a Ouija board when he was violently picked up and thrown against a wall by the invisible man. Told him it was Satan messing with him , he said how do you know!...could of been anything. Yeah like little green men from Mars I said. Typical dumb atheist (rolls eyes)
So anyway Satan has been here and is still here now , and that's all I know.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Satan was in the pit for 1,000 years, but he is out now and has been for some time.

Start time of binding: Sometime between Christ's crucifixion and his ascension into heaven.

End time of binding: Just before the split between east and west in 1054 A.D.

Purpose of binding: So he could not exterminate the gospel in its infancy. After Satan was released he has been trying to exterminate the gospel, but this fails.
This is mans teaching. Don't get upset.
but it is. If satan had been bound between Christs crucifixion
and his asenscion. WHY would both peter and paul make mention of him as roaming the world
RIGHT THEN
not to mention pual tells the roman church
Christ will crush satan under our feet shortly. AT HIS COMING.
also if satan were bound backthen. then SO were the false prophet and beast
cast alive into the lake of fire. SO who on earth did and does all the deceiving.
Take good note that the whole time satan is bound he cant DECIEVE
and also that the beast and false prophet are in a lake of fire. THEY Never get out
as we see . For after satan is allowed out of the pit , he does his evil
THEN he is cast into the lake of fire , WHERE both the false prophet and beast have been.
We really need to just read the bible for ourselves. way too many renown men
who love to have the praise of men keep messing it all up.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is that the Apostles talk about Satan roaming about even in their days , and that was after Jesus went to heaven.
And more recently one of my sons with his friends was messing around with a Ouija board when he was violently picked up and thrown against a wall by the invisible man. Told him it was Satan messing with him , he said how do you know!...could of been anything. Yeah like little green men from Mars I said. Typical dumb atheist (rolls eyes)
So anyway Satan has been here and is still here now , and that's all I know.
Yeah I was about to ask for your help with J316, but it looks like you said it first.
and yes to david too. The reason they cant give specifics etc. WELL you KNOW WHY.
all I need to say. ITS cause it aint happened is why. way too many high minded
keep adding too or taking from revelations . J three sixteen. HEED THEM NOT . just start over
and read it for yourself.

Upvote 0

birdetto

Mar 26, 2017
Darwin, Australia
✟10,607.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

If one is Premil, the answer is obviously no. But since not everyone is Premil, those who are not Premil, can he or can't he? And why or why not?

By making war, I'm meaning things like the following.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Does he go out to make war with the remnant of her seed, while he is bound, or while he is loosed?

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This precedes what he ends up eventually doing in verse 17. So when does one think verse 12 occurs, when he is initially cast to the earth? Has this already happened, or is it yet to happen?

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

Thanks for your question. You want to know if Satan can make war with the saints during the thousand years. If you look at the verse above you see that Satan is bound with WITH RESPECT TO DECEIVING during the thousand years. That is saying that Satan cannot deceive the believers out of their belief in Christ unto salvation. The believers are called 'the nations' here. Remember how the Bible says that whatsoever a believer binds on earth will be bound in heaven. It is during the church age when he says this is true. Satan is bound by the Holy Spirit. That is the seal that is spoken of. When a person is given the Holy Spirit during the church age, Satan does not have the authority and power to go and take that Holy Spirit from that person, so that means that the person can believe on Christ unto salvation, in a saving way, and Satan cannot stop this. The thousand years being spoken of is the church age. It is not a literal thousand years any more than a literal 5 virgins are saved at Christ's coming. Numbers are figurative. Notice that during the thousand years believers come to life (are born again) and reign with Christ (remember how during the church age believers are said to rule and reign spiritually, being seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus). Notice that after the church age (after the thousand figurative years), Satan is loosed for a little season to deceive. That little season is the great tribulation period. Notice that those who are a part of the thousand years are called blessed and holy (words meaning saved). Notice also that the thousand year persons have part in the first resurrection (meaning Christ's resurrection). The second death (meaning permanent destruction of the person) doesn't happen for these because they are saved and live in Christ forever.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Notice that after the church age (after the thousand figurative years), Satan is loosed for a little season to deceive. That little season is the great tribulation period.

That should mean this same great tribulation period can be found elsewhere in the book of Revelation, so where else in Revelation do you see it speaking of this same period? What about Revelation 13, for example? I'm looking for Scriptures in Revelation showing details of what is taking place during this time. I would also think if you are correct about this, what transpires during the thousand years, the details of that should be found in the book of Revelation as well, excluding chapter 20. Where would be a good place to look in the book of Revelation to see more about the thousand years in greater detail?

While it's on my mind-----

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Doesn't this prove that satan doesn't make war against anyone while he is bound? What does it say once he is loosed? And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle. Obviously he doesn't do that while he is bound if it is not until he is loosed that he does this.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Wouldn't that mean when he goes to make war with the remnant of her seed, that he is loosed at the time and not bound instead?

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When do you feel he was cast to the earth, per Revelation 12? Would he be bound or loosed when that occurs?
This will take some analysis on my part and I may have to change my opinion about verse 12.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Even you can't seem to make up your mind as to when. You think sometime between Christ's crucifixion and his ascension into heaven, which isn't exactly being pinpoint accurate.
(Revelation 20:3) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled...
This passage is very sparse on details. All I know is that chapter 20 verses 1 to 6 concerns events of 1,000 years beginning immediately after Jesus on earth.​
(Revelation 20:4) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
I know this 1,000 year period is not a yet-future millennium because there is no such thing.​

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I know this 1,000 year period is not a yet-future millennium because there is no such thing.
Yet you just referred to it in the previous sentence(s):

All I know is that chapter 20 verses 1 to 6 concerns events of 1,000 years beginning immediately after Jesus on earth.

You bewitched (as in Galatians meaning) you into thinking it won't happen as written in Scripture ?

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
WHY would both peter and paul make mention of him as roaming the world
RIGHT THEN
Satan was not deceiving the nations for 1,000 years, that's all. He still had freedoms. His being in the abyss doesn't mean there was no more evil in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Satan was not deceiving the nations for 1,000 years, that's all. He still had freedoms. His being in the abyss doesn't mean there was no more evil in the world.
As Scripture clearly shows, he has control over the sons of disobedience everywhere on earth. EPHESIANS 2.

LIkewise, he has been continually deceiving all mankind for thousands of years already.... he won't stop until Yeshua stops him.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

If one is Premil, the answer is obviously no. But since not everyone is Premil, those who are not Premil, can he or can't he? And why or why not?

Does he go out to make war with the remnant of her seed, while he is bound, or while he is loosed?

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This precedes what he ends up eventually doing in verse 17. So when does one think verse 12 occurs, when he is initially cast to the earth? Has this already happened, or is it yet to happen?
Hi if you think about it this will make some sense. In Job the sons of God were presenting themselves to the LORD and Satan was among them. The LORD asked what have you been up too and Satan replied going to and fro throughout the earth. You see Satan has access to heaven and earth at this point he still does. Satan temped Jesus and showed him all the kingdoms of earth at a time and said all this authority has been delivered unto to me and I can give it to whom I wish. Worship me and I will give this to you. You see that Jesus did not dispute that Satan is Lord of this earth for a time. In Rev when Satan is cast down and his time is short this means he no longer has access to heaven to accuse the brethren like Peter who Jesus told Peter Satan has desired to sift you like wheat. So after Satan is cast down late in the tribulation we see things heat up.
Later in Revelation we see the angles proclaim
Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms[fn] of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”
Shortly after revelation says Satan will be bound 1000 years and note it also says he will not deceive the nations again until the 1000 years is over. All the prophecy of the millennium speaks of peace on earth and a abundance of grain the curse is reversed and God rules with an iron rod. No now warfare until the 1000 years is finished. Daniel affirms this in chapter 7 and pay close attention to verse 11.
“I watched till thrones were put in place,
And the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow,
And the hair of His head was like pure wool.
His throne was a fiery flame,
Its wheels a burning fire;
10 A fiery stream issued
And came forth from before Him.
A thousand thousands ministered to Him;
Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.
The court[fn] was seated,
And the books were opened.
11 “I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

You see the beast is destroyed when the kingdom comes. But the rest of the beast have lost their dominion but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time. This is 1000 years and they are loosed to temp one last rebellion. After this the end is when Satan is cast to where the beast already is and the great white throne judgement takes place and the kingdom that came the eternal kingdom enters the eternal state with the new Jerusalem and all. In Ephesians Paul speaks of ages to come.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The 1000 year reign is one age and the eternal state the New Jerusalem is the other.

Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You bewitched (as in Galatians meaning) you into thinking it won't happen as written in Scripture ?
Really? Hmm...o_O Anyway, the early church fathers didn't teach the modern view I'm guessing you hold. They were closer to apostolic teaching and more likely to have the correct view.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As Scripture clearly shows, he has control over the sons of disobedience everywhere on earth. EPHESIANS 2.

LIkewise, he has been continually deceiving all mankind for thousands of years already.... he won't stop until Yeshua stops him.
Satan didn't destroy the gospel, that's the point. Anyway, you have to fit in the 1,000 year period somewhere. There is no place for it in the future since there is no 1,000 year yet-future millennium.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Really? Hmm...o_O Anyway, the early church fathers didn't teach the modern view I'm guessing you hold. They were closer to apostolic teaching and more likely to have the correct view.
Well, thanks for revealing where your deception came from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Satan didn't destroy the gospel, that's the point. Anyway, you have to fit in the 1,000 year period somewhere. There is no place for it in the future since there is no 1,000 year yet-future millennium.
As long as you hold to anti-Bible sources, it is impossible to agree with Scripture.
Here is a copy of a recent post, just a few minutes ago,
that most likely won't help you, but perhaps others will benefit:
.." In Job the sons of God were presenting themselves to the LORD and Satan was among them. The LORD asked what have you been up too and Satan replied going to and fro throughout the earth. You see Satan has access to heaven and earth at this point he still does. Satan temped Jesus and showed him all the kingdoms of earth at a time and said all this authority has been delivered unto to me and I can give it to whom I wish. Worship me and I will give this to you. You see that Jesus did not dispute that Satan is Lord of this earth for a time. In Rev when Satan is cast down and his time is short this means he no longer has access to heaven to accuse the brethren like Peter who Jesus told Peter Satan has desired to sift you like wheat. So after Satan is cast down late in the tribulation we see things heat up.
Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms[fn] of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!”
Shortly after revelation says Satan will be bound 1000 years and note it also says he will not deceive the nations again until the 1000 years is over. All the prophecy of the millennium speaks of peace on earth and a abundance of grain the curse is reversed and God rules with an iron rod. No now warfare until the 1000 years is finished. Daniel affirms this in chapter 7 and pay close attention to verse 11.
10 A fiery stream issued
11 “I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
And His kingdom the one

You see the beast is destroyed when the kingdom comes."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Rude comment.:( And Christians wonder why the culture is more and more rejecting Christianity...
It is written to not take part in the darkness, but to rather expose it IN THE LIGHT.
Let the LIGHT SHINE.

As Richard Wurbrand published decades ago, when Jews rejected the lies of man's traditions, that was a good thing, not a bad thing. When he met the true Jesus, he gladly turned to Him, repented of His sins, and was immersed in His Name. The same thing has happened to many others.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Satan is cast into the PIT at the same time Jesus defeats the Anti-Christ/Beast and sets up his 1000 year rule.

Rev. 12:7 is Satan being cast out of Heaven for good at the MIDWAY POINT of the Tribulation. We know this because its about Israel FLEEING unto the Wilderness for 1260 Days, so if hes chasing them, VIA the Anti-Christ who becomes the BEAST when he conquers Jerusalem for 42 MONTHS (1260 Days) then he is cast down at the MIDWAY POINT of the Tribulation.

Problem solved by Scriptures.

PS, the Remnant Seed is the Church that is on earth, not the Jews. Therefore the Jews are PROTECTED, while the Remnant church is not.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi if you think about it this will make some sense. In Job the sons of God were presenting themselves to the LORD and Satan was among them. The LORD asked what have you been up too and Satan replied going to and fro throughout the earth. You see Satan has access to heaven and earth at this point he still does. Satan temped Jesus and showed him all the kingdoms of earth at a time and said all this authority has been delivered unto to me and I can give it to whom I wish. Worship me and I will give this to you. You see that Jesus did not dispute that Satan is Lord of this earth for a time. In Rev when Satan is cast down and his time is short this means he no longer has access to heaven to accuse the brethren like Peter who Jesus told Peter Satan has desired to sift you like wheat. So after Satan is cast down late in the tribulation we see things heat up.
10 A fiery stream issued
And His kingdom the one

You see the beast is destroyed when the kingdom comes. But the rest of the beast have lost their dominion but their lives were prolonged for a season and a time. This is 1000 years and they are loosed to temp one last rebellion. After this the end is when Satan is cast to where the beast already is and the great white throne judgement takes place and the kingdom that came the eternal kingdom enters the eternal state with the new Jerusalem and all. In Ephesians Paul speaks of ages to come.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The 1000 year reign is one age and the eternal state the New Jerusalem is the other.

Your and my thinking on this is rather close. So yes, what you submitted here makes sense, but that I don't really need to think about it though, since I already know. Good post.

But I will say this though. While I think satan getting cast to the earth still might be future, I also think it's possible that it may have already occurred 2000 years ago. Not entirely certain yet. Been debating that with myself for quite some time now. But even if I eventually decided on the latter, that shouldn't cause me to change when I think the thousand years are meaning. Currently I conclude they occur once Christ returns, and not that we are already in them now and have been for at least 2000 years and counting.

Upvote 0