Can satan make war while bound in the pit?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

If one is Premil, the answer is obviously no. But since not everyone is Premil, those who are not Premil, can he or can't he? And why or why not?

By making war, I'm meaning things like the following.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Does he go out to make war with the remnant of her seed, while he is bound, or while he is loosed?

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This precedes what he ends up eventually doing in verse 17. So when does one think verse 12 occurs, when he is initially cast to the earth? Has this already happened, or is it yet to happen?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The whole world is under judgement - a death sentence.
The enemy kept most of the 'souls' - they refused to repent.
A few escape.
Most today are on the wide, popular road ....... (to destruction).
Already judged and declared guilty / condemned according to Jesus:
John 3:18 - Bible Gateway
John 3:18 - Bible Gateway - Cached - Similar
Those who do not believe have already been ·judged guilty [condemned], ...

Will any more escape ?
YHWH Knows.

Who is fighting against the people of YHWH ? The whole world is. All society is.

"Woe to those who men speak well of ....." (men do not accept YHWH or YHWH'S children - the saints/ ekklesia/ believers/ set apart ones) ....

Where is hasatan ?
< shrugs > does it matter today ?

Rather, where is Yeshua Messiah ?
..... as He Says,
..... as YHWH'S Word Says,
"wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in My Name ...."

and as Jesus says
to the disciples
"I Will never leave you nor forsake you."

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read all of it. Satan is bound for a thousand years in a pit . HE cant DECIEVE thus it should be simple.
Want to hear something else simple.
At the same time satan is bound the false prophet and beast have been cast alive into a lake of fire.
IF the false prophet and beast were burning and satan bound not able to deceive.
WHO the heck is doing ALL this massive deception as we speak.
Remember its the false prophet and beast that usher in the mark as well.
IF they all not here , What on earth is going on RIGHT NOW . We really should
just read our bibles . really . cause many men teach things they just ought not .
You be blessed now my friend . Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As it is written, pharmakeia deceives the whole world ....
Its like peter told the church and paul too. the devil IS roaming about taking captive
The only way out of the deception and lies IS IN CHRIST and let us be prepared to lose
all , even our life for His name sake the glorious gospel .
Cause persecution is at the door here as well as the whole world will it get far worse soon.

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read all of it. Satan is bound for a thousand years in a pit . HE cant DECIEVE thus it should be simple.
Want to hear something else simple.
At the same time satan is bound the false prophet and beast have been cast alive into a lake of fire.
IF the false prophet and beast were burning and satan bound not able to deceive.
WHO the heck is doing ALL this massive deception as we speak.
Remember its the false prophet and beast that usher in the mark as well.
IF they all not here , What on earth is going on RIGHT NOW . We really should
just read our bibles . really . cause many men teach things they just ought not .
You be blessed now my friend . Hope that helps.

I may be wrong but it sound like you are saying that Satan is bound now, if not I will just stop here. Thanks

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible for the time being to get some straight forward answers to the OP? The posts thusfar, I'm having a difficult time following, as in how they are answering the OP, thus don't know how to respond to them.

click on reply in the bottom right hand corner

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may be wrong but it sound like you are saying that Satan is bound now, if not I will just stop here. Thanks

When I initially read that post, the poster seemed to be initially arguing in favor of Premil, then arguing against it. Thus why I indicated I'm having a hard time following some of these posts and how that they are answering the OP?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is it possible for the time being to get some straight forward answers to the OP? The posts thusfar, I'm having a difficult time following, as in how they are answering the OP, thus don't know how to respond to them.
RE the title and the op:
It might be helpful to know what the goal or objective is.
What do you want to learn or accomplish ?

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
click on reply in the bottom right hand corner

I think you perhaps misunderstood me. I know all about the Reply button and how to use it. :) So I'm meaning I don't know how to respond to some of these posts because I'm unable to follow what is being posted, as in I'm not seeing how any of these things are addressing the OP, meaning in straight forward manner.

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you perhaps misunderstood me. I know all about the Reply button and how to use it. :) So I'm meaning I don't know how to respond to some of these posts because I'm unable to follow what is being posted, as in I'm not seeing how any of these things are addressing the OP, meaning in straight forward manner.
oK sorry, I did misunderstand and yes that does happen. As in reading the scriptures context is key and unfortunately some do not follow that standard. Thanks

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RE the title and the op:
It might be helpful to know what the goal or objective is.
What do you want to learn or accomplish ?

What I asked in the OP. While satan is bound, since there are clearly some who feel he is already bound, Amils come to mind, can he or can he not make war, such as the passage I supplied in Rev 12 indicates? and I also asked, in that same chapter it indicates satan is cast to the earth. After he has been cast to the earth, he then makes war with the remnant of the woman's seed. Does he make war while he is loose, or while he is bound? And when does one think he gets cast to the earth?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What I asked in the OP. While satan is bound, since there are clearly some who feel he is already bound, Amils come to mind, can he or can he not make war, such as the passage I supplied in Rev 12 indicates? and I also asked, in that same chapter it indicates satan is cast to the earth. After he has been cast to the earth, he then makes war with the remnant of the woman's seed. Does he make war while he is loose, or while he is bound? And when does one think he gets cast to the earth?
Well,
From watching the forums for the last many years,
I'd think or expect you could or will get a dozen or more different and often conflicting answers.
Will (or how could) any of the answers help anyone ? (i.e. great goal/ purpose)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Revelations 12 he would now be roaming about seeking to whom he may destroy and then jumping down to chapter 20 just a few verses, but read the whole chapter will add more details. 20:1-3
20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. This would be when the 1000 years reign of Christ on earth, and then he is released for a short span and then cast into the bottomless pit forever, the rest of the chapter reveals that portion.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, he is not bound . I was making a point that was making it so obvious that he is not bound>
He will be at JESUS return as Also the false prophet and beast are cast into the lake of fire.

• Agree
Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In Revelations 12 he would now be roaming about seeking to whom he may destroy and then jumping down to chapter 20 just a few verses, but read the whole chapter will add more details. 20:1-3
20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. This would be when the 1000 years reign of Christ on earth, and then he is released for a short span and then cast into the bottomless pit forever, the rest of the chapter reveals that portion.
You meant to say cast into the lake of fire . where also the beast and false prophet are.
I always use this to make simple what those who try and THINK we in the thousand years now.
Some actually teach this . Its impossible for us to be in the thousand years now.
JESUS has not returned, when JESUS does the devil is bound and the false prophet
and beast cast alive into the lake of fire.
Notice in the pit a seal is set on him so he cant deceive the nations. also where are
the beast and false prophet. well they in the lake of fire
and it sure makes it very obvious they are still their even when satan is cast in with them
After his short release . yet people cling to men and not the bible. thanks friend.

Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟40,387.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You meant to say cast into the lake of fire . where also the beast and false prophet are.
I always use this to make simple what those who try and THINK we in the thousand years now.
Some actually teach this . Its impossible for us to be in the thousand years now.
JESUS has not returned, when JESUS does the devil is bound and the false prophet
and beast cast alive into the lake of fire.
Notice in the pit a seal is set on him so he cant deceive the nations. also where are
the beast and false prophet. well they in the lake of fire
and it sure makes it very obvious they are still their even when satan is cast in with them
After his short release . yet people cling to men and not the bible. thanks friend.
:amen::clap::oldthumbsup: I couldn't decide which I liked best

• Agree
Reactions: Adstar
Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Satan is bound for a thousand years in a pit
Satan was in the pit for 1,000 years, but he is out now and has been for some time.

Start time of binding: Sometime between Christ's crucifixion and his ascension into heaven.

End time of binding: Just before the split between east and west in 1054 A.D.

Purpose of binding: So he could not exterminate the gospel in its infancy. After Satan was released he has been trying to exterminate the gospel, but this fails.

Upvote 0