Can or do or can, sinners get into heaven, that die in sin...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Can or do or can, sinners get into heaven, that die in sin...? Does it matter whether they were sorry or repentant or not about it?, or do you actually have to "do away with" or put away all known sin that you know of that you do, or are guilty of...?

Comments...?

Peace,

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If a sinner can't get into heaven, then I think I'm screwed...? And I think if we were all to be honest, we would say that as well...

Am I guilty of sin, though?, now, under the New Covenant of Christ, the gospel of Grace, being on the other side of being born again...?

I do do things I consider sin, but what does God say about it now, after being born again...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If a sinner can't get into heaven, then I think I'm screwed

Me too. We all would be.

Good thing that Christ came to save wretched sinners. He certainly has nothing to offer those who (think) are earning their place.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We all stumble in many ways (James 3:2) but we make it our goal to please him (2Cor. 5:9).

It's the overall trend or direction of our lives that matters. God is faithful. He reaches out in love to pick us up, again and again, when we stumble.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why not...? How not...? What changes...?

God Bless!

Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LowPost42

Friendly Neighbourhood Canuck
Jul 1, 2017
Ontario
✟18,104.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If a sinner can't get into heaven, then I think I'm screwed...? And I think if we were all to be honest, we would say that as well...

Am I guilty of sin, though?, now, under the New Covenant of Christ, the gospel of Grace, being on the other side of being born again...?

I do do things I consider sin, but what does God say about it now, after being born again...?

God Bless!

The average Christian suffers from identity crisis and performance anxiety.

My sin is forgotten and blotted out once I'm in Christ. A new creation, no longer desiring sin but righteousness. So my goal is righteousness but even if I step in it or slip up and sin, my advocate intercedes for me.

1 John 1:9, all means all. Since it is God through Jesus who deems me righteous, nothing I can do can remove my righteous status. I am adopted in and cannot become unadopted - the new challenge is to learn to live as a child of God!

And that's just for starters...

As for performance anxiety, until I come to believe that nothing I do, or don't do, changes His love for me, I will toil away trying to please God.

Instead, know that He loves you and is pleased, and serve Hin out of that place of genuine gratitude!

• Winner
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Details...?

WOW! Really people, that's what your profession of Faith is, does not anyone know where he stands in Christ?

1Pet. 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

To answer your question, NO a Sinner cannot enter Heaven.
BUT, a Christian does!

I will give the Scriptures which tell you where you are in Christ.
I will not confuse the issue with Interpretation, I will let the Verses speak for themselves, if you do not believe what Scripture says, then nothing I can say will change your mind

Rom. 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Rom.
6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom. 6:7
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom. 6:11
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom.7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom. 8:9,10
9) But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10) And if Christ be in you, (THE BODY IS DEAD) because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Gal.2:19
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal. 5:24
And they that are Christ's have (CRUCIFIED THE FLESH) with the affections and lusts.

So you see, the Christian is.
1) Dead to the Law
2) Dead to Sin
3) Dead to the Flesh

1Jn. 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Rom. 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

1Jn. 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1Jn. 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
Rom 8:3,4
3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1Jn 3:8-10
8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1Jn 3:20,21
20) For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Psa 32:1,2
1) A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2) Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Be Blessed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What does that mean? I hear a lot of people say that, but it doesn't show up in my Bible.
I think he means believe and have faith in him and a personal relationship with him, I would assume...

But, I tried to get that out of him too....

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can or do or can, sinners get into heaven, that die in sin...? Does it matter whether they were sorry or repentant or not about it?, or do you actually have to "do away with" or put away all known sin that you know of that you do, or are guilty of...?

Comments...?

Peace,

God Bless!

Sin cannot exist in the presence of God.
Part of God had to die so that forgiven sinners
would be able to be with the Father.

While we were still sinners, God sent His only Son
to cover or pay the price for our sins.
If we accept His work, we are saved.

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does that mean? I hear a lot of people say that, but it doesn't show up in my Bible.
I think he means believe and have faith in him and a personal relationship with him, I would assume...

But, I tried to get that out of him too....

God Bless!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I think you two can find the rest.
Blessings
FCJ

Reactions: LowPost42
Upvote 0