Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by anatolian Why not just do it?
do what, sir?
Do what John? Do what John?
Come again do what?
Do what? Do what? Do what?
Do where John? Do where John?
Wiv what, wiv whom and when?
Trific; realy trific.
Pardon; come again.
Come again do what?
Do what? Do what? Do what?
Do where John? Do where John?
Wiv what, wiv whom and when?
Trific; realy trific.
Pardon; come again.
-Monty Python
Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album
Riddle me this, riddle me that :D

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

Uh, no. Paul was not a political leader.
:)I would tend to agree.
Then why do Muslims continue to deny Paul was an inspired Apostle sent by Jesus [as does Judaism for that matter] :confused:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi. Will Muhammad and the Apostle Paul both be in heaven and will they ever become buddies at the "End"? Do all Muslims reject the dear friend of Jesus and did he ever say anything bad about Jesus that the Muslims would despise him? Thanks.

Whyislam.org Forums: Did Mohammed copy Paul?

No, Muhamamd pbuh did not copy Paul. What was said by Muhammad pbuh was from Allah swt.

Just for Laurieann--Muslims do not consider any verse in the Qur'an to quote the Bible, not a single one. Every letter in the Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, from God. Muslims acknowledge that God revealed Scripture before the Qur'an, and some of that does appear in the Bible. The same source is God. It's a common error to say that the Qur'an uses the Bible as a source, when in fact, it's more correct to say that the Qur'an totally and the Bible partially are directly from God, the same source. So naturally, there are similarities.

And I don't think this verse is the only one of Paul's that coincides with Islamic theory. Overall, the theology of Paul is totally denounced by the Qur'an and hadith. If you strip it down to the basics, essentially it's rejected. But Paul wasn't completely off base. Do you know why? Because he was Jewish, studying in the Jewish tradition, and had come from a religion that was very knowledgeable about previous scriptures--that influenced his writing. That is to say, his knowledge of Jewish texts that had been previously revealed by God was extensive, and had a strong impact on his new Christian theology.

Muslims while denouncing the changes he affected with his new doctrine, would naturally accept many of the premises on which he built it--because they are Jewish in nature, and based on the Torah and the Psalms.
========================
2 thess 1:7 and to [give] you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed[#602] from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reve 19:11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes [were] like a flame of fire,

what does "pbuh" mean?

Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what does "pbuh" mean?

I think it means 'peace be unto Him'

And I think Islam came on the scene way too late...about 600 years too late.

The New Testament says in (2Pet.1:3) 'According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness though the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue.' [about A.D.66]

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:)I would tend to agree.
Then why do Muslims continue to deny Paul was an inspired Apostle sent by Jesus [as does Judaism for that matter] :confused:

That's puzzling. Why would muslims object to Paul at all? :confused:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith