Status
Not open for further replies.

christian-only

defender of the rebirth
Mar 20, 2004
✟1,017.00
Faith
Christian
Perhaps the real question is "Is the Word that became flesh the same Word of the Mosaic Law"

How can that possibly be the question? The question is "Can Jews be saved apart from the Law?" Now, perhaps you are trying to say "Christ is the Law," but He isn't. How do I know that: (1) "no man is justified by the law in the sight of God," but Christians are justified by Christ (Gal 3:11) (2) The Law is not Christ, but is Christ's shadow. (Col 2:17)

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
christian-only said:
How can that possibly be the question? The question is "Can Jews be saved apart from the Law?" Now, perhaps you are trying to say "Christ is the Law," but He isn't. How do I know that: (1) "no man is justified by the law in the sight of God," (Gal 3:11) (2) The Law is not CHrist, but Christ's shadow. (Col 2:17)
So you can see no similarity between the Word that was given to Moses and the Word that became flesh?

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Deuteronomy 4:27-31 – (27) And the L-rd will scatter you among the peoples, and you will remain few in number among the nations where the L-rd will lead you. (28) And there you will serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which do not see, and do not hear, and do not eat, and do not smell. (29) And if, from there, you will seek the L-rd your G-d, then you will find Him, if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul. (30) When you are in distress, and these words will find their way to you; in the end of days, you will return to the L-rd your G-d, and you will obey him; (31) For the L-rd your G-d is a merciful G-d, He will not forsake you and will not destroy you; and He will not forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them.

1 Kings 8:46-52 – (46) If they sin against You, for there is no man who does not sin, and You will be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, and their captors will carry them away captive to the land of the enemy, far or near; (47) And if they take it to heart in the land where they were held captive, and repent, and make supplication to You in the land of their captors, saying, "We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness"; (48) And they return to You with all their heart, and with all their soul, in the land of their enemies who led them away captive, and pray to You toward their land, which You gave to their fathers, [toward] the city which you have chosen, and [toward] the house which I have built for Your Name; (49) Then You shall hear their prayer and their supplication in heaven, Your dwelling place, and maintain their cause, (50) And forgive Your people what they have sinned against You, and all their transgressions that they have transgressed against You, and have mercy upon them before their captors, so that they may have mercy on them; (51) For they are Your people, and Your inheritance, whom You have brought out of Egypt, from inside the smelting furnace of iron; (52) That Your eyes may be open to the supplication of Your servant, and to the supplication of Your people Israel, to hear them whenever they call to You.

Hosea 14:2-3 – (2) Return, O Israel, to the L-rd your G-d; for you have stumbled in your iniquity. (3) Take words with you and return to the L-rd; say to Him: "You shall forgive all iniquity, and accept the good, and we will render [for] bullocks [the offering of our] lips."

Micah 6:6-8 – (6) With what shall I come before the L-rd, bow myself before G-d on high? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with yearling calves? (7) Will the L-rd be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands streams of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? (8) Man has told you what is good; but what does the L-rd demand of you? To do justice, and to love loving-kindness, and to walk humbly with your G-d?

Proverbs 16:6 – Through loving kindness and truth will iniquity be atoned; and through the fear of the L-rd [you] depart from evil.

Daniel 4:24 [27 in Christian Bibles] - Only, O king, let my counsel be acceptable to you, and your sins will be with charity removed, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the poor; indeed, your tranquility will be prolonged.

Jeremiah 7:21-23 – (21) Thus says the L-rd of Hosts, the G-d of Israel: "Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat meat. (22) For I did not speak to your fathers, and I did not command them on the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning a burnt offerings and sacrifice; (23) But this thing I commanded them, saying, 'Obey Me, and I will be your G-d and you shall be a people to Me; and you shall walk in all the ways that I will command you, so that it may be well with you.'"

Hosea 6:6 – For loving-kindness is what I desire, and not sacrifice; and knowledge of G-d more than burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3 – Doing charity and justice is more desirable to the L-rd than a sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11-18 – (11) "Of what use to Me are your many sacrifices?" says the L-rd; "I am sated from the burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed cattle; and in the blood of bulls, and of sheep, and of male goats I do not delight. (12) When you come to appear before Me, who has requested this of you, to trample My courts? (13) You shall no longer bring a vain meal offering; it is incense of abomination to Me; as for the calling of an assembly on a New Moon and Sabbath, I cannot [bear] iniquity along with a solemn occasion. (14) Your New Moons and your appointed Feasts My soul hates, they are a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them. (15) And when you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you, and even when you pray much, I do not hear; your hands are full of blood. (16) Wash, cleanse yourselves, remove the evil of your doings from before My eyes; cease to do evil; (17) Learn to do good, seek justice, help the oppressed; do justice to the orphan, plead [the case] for the widow. (18) Come now, and let us reason together," said the L-rd; "If your sins be as scarlet, they shall become as white as snow; if they be red as crimson, they shall become as wool."

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.