Can I flip a coin to decide will of God ?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if I should stay in current job or try to take course and try for another one with more stable income .

I know people would cast lots in Bible to see God's will for them.
Does this still apply today ? I think yes but i would like to know your opinion , i would not want to try God or force him to do something for me you know .

Proverbs 16:33
It can be done. But you could not use a single coin toss. It has to be a sign that is beyond doubt. I am serious when I say this, maybe 10 of the same in a row. Something that is statistically impossible.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It can be done. But you could not use a single coin toss. It has to be a sign that is beyond doubt. I am serious when I say this, maybe 10 of the same in a row. Something that is statistically impossible.

hokey pookie

MB

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know if I should stay in current job or try to take course and try for another one with more stable income .

I know people would cast lots in Bible to see God's will for them.
Does this still apply today ? I think yes but i would like to know your opinion , i would not want to try God or force him to do something for me you know .

Proverbs 16:33

I think you have a misunderstanding of what God's will consist off. Ironically, I'm actually studying up on it right now, because I too felt that I've use this term with lack of understanding.

God's will is basically 6 things : for people to be save, to be spirit-filled, live a life that is pure, have a heart that is thankful, submissive, and ready to endure long-suffering.

The will of God is more big picture, and geared towards bringing us to salvation and eternal life. It's not micromanaging day by day choices, like a job or income or finding a partner. That is where free will comes in. We have the free will to make choices, any choice. But when we are walking with God, God's will becomes the center point. So the question is not whether its God's will to make that choice, its whether or not I am able to carry out God's will with whatever choice I'm making.

Yes there are specific times that God can intervene supernaturally, but even when its not supernatural, God is going to defend His name whether you choose to give Him glory or not, its a matter of whether you want to get with the program or not.

For your case, I don't see the conflict spirit wise. It wouldn't be wise to make such a serious decision on a coin toss, lol! But whichever decision you make, just trust that God takes care of His own, and make sure to give God glory. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path (Proverbs 3:6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0