yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not literally but yes.
Is a contract with the devil different than "selling one's soul to the devil" ?
Many in hollywood , it seems, have admitted this - famous comedians and actors and actresses ....... (don't post them here, see various other places online, cautiously and test everything .... ) ....

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In a way ---
as Yahweh says ---
You Choose Today WHO you are going to serve (1) Me, Yahweh, One Sovereign Living Creator of all
or (2) idols made of wood and stone and (jewelry/ gold/ silver)
or (3) hasatan (to whome most of the population of the world is still subjects and refuses to turn to Yahweh to be saved, refuses willfully to repent) .

Not literally. We don't own our souls.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is a contract with the devil different than "selling one's soul to the devil" ?
Many in hollywood , it seems, have admitted this - famous comedians and actors and actresses ....... (don't post them here, see various other places online, cautiously and test everything .... ) ....

My understanding is that this is exactly what it is. So they are promised the best the world has to offer if they become a follower of Satan. That is really what it is. It just all boils down to who you pledge allegiance to.

Upvote 0

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟16,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can human sell his soul to the devil?

Nope.
All souls belong to God (Eze 18:4, Ro 9:21).

In our (unsaved) soul existence we are dead (separated from God) and already ruled by Satan. Recall the warning God gave Adam (Gen 2:17). When he chose to eat the apple Adam died that day, not physically but spiritually. This is why we are desperately wicked from the womb (Jer 17:9,Ps 58:3) and none of us are righteous (Ro3: 10,Psalm 14:3, Eccl 7:20). Our soul remains dead in sin until God saves us by giving us a new soul. This is being reborn (John 3:3-9, Ezk 36:26) we are given a new soul and no longer a slave of this world (Eph2: 1-3). We are risen with Christ (Col 3:1, Rev 20:5-6 2 Co 5:17) and our soul has eternal life (John 10:28).

Once God gives us our new soul we become slaves of righteousness (Ro 6:18,8:10) since we belong to our savior (Eph 3:1). Our souls will never again be threatened by man (John 10:28) or Satan and we certainly cannot choose to take our soul away from God to give to Satan. A saved soul is perfect and has absolute love for Christ and a hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matt 5:6); which causes a struggle with our still sin cursed body but our eternal destiny is locked in, we cannot give our saved soul to the devil.

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

If so, then can you buy someone else's? Take it with you to Heaven. Have a household servant or two.

I once offered to buy someone's soul. He just kind of looked at me nervously, like he wasn't sure if I was kidding. The problem is that a soul is so darned expensive (excuse my language), that only Christ could afford one.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are two famous musicians that publicly claimed to have done so.There is a third who made subtle references to it in their music.
They both have bad voices. One of them wanted badly to play guitar and sing but was deemed terrible by his peers. He went off of two months and later became the "king of the delta blues". Robert Johnson was his name. Very interesting story. The irony is that he did not become famous for 80 years after his death.
The other one is more contemporary.....Bob Dylan. He plainly told Ed Bradley on 60 minutes that he made a deal to get what he has.

I don't go much deeper with this, as there is much speculation but one has to wonder.
BTW...the third one is the Rolling Stones. Take that for what its worth.

Upvote 0