Can God be improved?

Can God every improve any part of himself?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 97.1%

• Total voters

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That He was made "a little lower than the angels" speaks of His mortal condition. This is not the case any longer, not because He has ceased to be true man; but because He is risen.
You don't want to address the OP question, but you want to get on your soap box. Can you answer this question, Is part of the Son of God his body?

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus caused the universe to exist as God while he wept as a man. God does not change.
He wasn't born a man, he was born a baby. If you are legalistic about that one scripture passage applying to his physique. That idea is ridiculous as scripture outright says he grew.

Luke 2:52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are not ready to understand quantum physics. I had a conversation with Paul in the Bible once. The conversation lasted for 3 seconds. For 1.5 seconds he talked about one of Davids Psalms in the Old Testament to explain that. Then for 1.5 seconds he talked about what he wrote in the New Testament and how what David said applies to us today. The question I asked was David used the word Good or Goodness and Paul changed the word to Righteousness. Still this took 3 seconds. Actually it took Paul 3 seconds to get to where we had the conversation, then it took him 3 seconds to get back to where he was. Then after he was there he spend 3 seconds thinking about me because they are interested how the future generations are receiving what he wrote.

Now if I had a conversation with God, the whole conversation would have taken place in a instant. Paul is limited by the speed of light. He is still constrained by time. God does not have any limits at all. I guess this is still not adequate for you to understand, but when you are ready, you will understand.

After Paul answered my question, he had a question for me. He wanted to know why I was not living my life according to his teaching. Why was I not living a life of righteousness free from sin.
If time was irrelevant to God he would not say,
Hebrews 13:8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.​
To acknowledge time means it is a part of you.

And God would tell those in heaven to wait a little longer.
Revelation 6:11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.​

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And what do you think humility means?
God only cares for us for a little while?
Or God only died for a little while?
Or God was on earth as a man for a little while?

And his death required him to be in flesh, they go hand in hand. This is exactly what scripture says.

Hebrews 2:9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.​

The Son of God was made lower so that he could die. Yes it was humiliating for him, but he didn't come just so God could be humiliated, he came as an act of love to die for our sins.

In the process of assuming humanity, his divinity did not change or lose qualities attributed to God.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He wasn't born a man, he was born a baby. If you are legalistic about that one scripture passage applying to his physique. That idea is ridiculous as scripture outright says he grew.

Luke 2:52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Jesus was God in his person, man in his soul, and man in his body.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If time was irrelevant to God he would not say,
Hebrews 13:8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Time means change. So IF there is no change then time has no effect on Jesus. It is not my place to teach you about time. It is the Holy Spirit of God that is to be your Guide and your teacher. Or if you want to know what Science has to say then look to someone like Gerald Schroeder because he has a PhD on the subject. Also he has studied what the great Kubbalists say about time. This article is a good place to start.

Gerald Schroeder - Articles - Age of the Universe

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is God as far as his person. He is man as far as his soul and body.
He is fully human and fully God. This is what the incarnation means, God (the Word of God) became part of His Creation. "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." 1John1

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is fully human and fully God. This is what the incarnation means, God (the Word of God) became part of His Creation. "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us." 1John1
This is incorrect. Jesus has a fully human nature. And a fully Divine nature. If he is fully human he would have a human spirit making him dual personality.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This is incorrect. Jesus has a fully human nature. And a fully Divine nature. If he is fully human he would have a human spirit making him dual personality.

The Lord Jesus has a human soul. He is fully human.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One can be changed to a lower position and still be "perfect"/without fault.
This is what occurred in the Son of God when he became man for a little while. He did not become imperfect, he became lower than angels to become "perfect", which as I already explained means he completed God's plan of redemption for us.

Also, there are angels in heaven that are perfect but at different ranks.
But Jesus did not cease being God to.be a man.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see that God could be improved, but Christ is God and man, and thus he shares characteristics of man. Men can be improved.

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor." (Luke 2:52).

So Jesus increased in wisdom, which I'd consider improvement. I understand that some people's doctrine doesn't allow for that, but if so they need to adjust their doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Can you answer this question, Is part of the Son of God his body?

Probably depends on what you mean by "part", but yes the Lord's body is part of Him. And by "the Lord" and by "Him" I mean He who is the uncreated, eternal Son and Word of God who became flesh, was conceived, was born, lived, suffered, died, rose, ascended, and is coming again.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0