Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unless I'm much mistaken, some Messianic congregations accept women in leadership roles, and guests in this forum probably shouldn't be seeking to debate the validity of that.
I am trying to know their thoughts, no debating.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, that is a big issue for feminists and liberals who are bent upon deviating from the preaching of Jesus
I am curious - how are feminists and liberals using Deborah to deviate from the preaching of Jesus?

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Liberal and feminist movements are making a mountain out of a molehill by propping up Deborah beyond her range!
This wasn't directed to me but I'd like to respond to it.
Your trying to make Deborah less than what she was is not going to stop "liberal and feminist movements" from using her story to try to further their agenda. If people have an agenda, they are going to have their agenda and try to find something that fits with it regardless of what people say about it.
If you have a problem with women in leadership roles, then you aren't alone, but there are other Christians who disagree. That's why we have churches with female pastors and churches where women are supposed to keep silent. And not all women in leadership roles are liberal feminists.
If there are people who are taking the story of Deborah and thinking all women should be like her, then I don't agree with that because there are all kinds of admirable women in the Bible in addition to Deborah. Sarah was a strong woman, but she called Abraham "Lord"; Mary Magdalene sat at Jesus's feet but she wasn't one of the 12 Apostles, and there is Ruth, Rahab, Miriam just for example - Women of Valor. Women of Faith.
Your arguing with us here on this forum isn't going to change our minds about Deborah and what was written about her. And your arguing to try to make Deborah less than what she was isn't going to change "liberal, feminist" agendas. But it can distract you from what you should be doing - praying, spending time with God, learning the Bible. Maybe you should go and take another look at Deborah's story with different eyes. See how God can use whom He wants, in whatever role He chooses. And how God can use the weak to bring down the strong. Don't let peoples agendas distract you from what is important.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This wasn't directed to me but I'd like to respond to it.
Your trying to make Deborah less than what she was is not going to stop "liberal and feminist movements" from using her story to try to further their agenda. If people have an agenda, they are going to have their agenda and try to find something that fits with it regardless of what people say about it.
If you have a problem with women in leadership roles, then you aren't alone, but there are other Christians who disagree. That's why we have churches with female pastors and churches where women are supposed to keep silent. And not all women in leadership roles are liberal feminists.
If there are people who are taking the story of Deborah and thinking all women should be like her, then I don't agree with that because there are all kinds of admirable women in the Bible in addition to Deborah. Sarah was a strong woman, but she called Abraham "Lord"; Mary Magdalene sat at Jesus's feet but she wasn't one of the 12 Apostles, and there is Ruth, Rahab, Miriam just for example - Women of Valor. Women of Faith.
Your arguing with us here on this forum isn't going to change our minds about Deborah and what was written about her. And your arguing to try to make Deborah less than what she was isn't going to change "liberal, feminist" agendas. But it can distract you from what you should be doing - praying, spending time with God, learning the Bible. Maybe you should go and take another look at Deborah's story with different eyes. See how God can use whom He wants, in whatever role He chooses. And how God can use the weak to bring down the strong. Don't let peoples agendas distract you from what is important.
Thanks for your valuable points. I agree on your emphasis. But you see, it is our responsibility to speak for the truth though many may not listen. I don't mind if that becomes a cry in the wilderness. It is not something strange to us, you know.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Jesus asked to seek His kingdom and righteousness, but these people are pushing for power!

So why is it okay for everyone else to push for power? Why are you not complaining about them as well, and then finding more scriptures to distort to try to support that claim too? Is it only wrong when the people you don't like do it but the rest get a free pass?

Thanks for your valuable points. I agree on your emphasis. But you see, it is our responsibility to speak for the truth though many may not listen. I don't mind if that becomes a cry in the wilderness. It is not something strange to us, you know.

For whose truth are you speaking? Certainly not for Jesus Christ!

• Winner
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So why is it okay for everyone else to push for power? Why are you not complaining about them as well, and then finding more scriptures to distort to try to support that claim too? Is it only wrong when the people you don't like do it but the rest get a free pass?
Wherever possible it is our duty to show where people are headed: a wide gate. It is our responsibility to voice our concern; otherwise, we are failing in our responsibility and duty in not cautioning them.

For whose truth are you speaking? Certainly not for Jesus Christ!

He is my focus.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Wherever possible it is our duty to show where people are headed: a wide gate. It is our responsibility to voice our concern; otherwise, we are failing in our responsibility and duty in not cautioning them.

He is my focus.

How long have you been a Christian?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, that is a big issue for feminists and liberals who are bent upon deviating from the preaching of Jesus
What? Do you think it is YOUR JOB to correct them?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because many immature women are weaving theories to claim many roles that were not meant for them
"Not meant for them??" Now we get to the heart of the matter. You are into a unbiblical male authoritarianism.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, What did John the Baptist do?
Prepared the way for his cousin - the MESSIAH.
And he was born of a miraculous birth.

He was the Elijah that was mentioned at the end of Malachi.

PLEASE tell me you are not so arrogant as to think you are another John the Baptist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.