There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Which ghost stories do you like? My favourites are The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Vanishing Hitchhiker and A Christmas Carol.

I like The Yellow Wallpaper (though that may not be, strictly speaking, a ghost story), Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad, Lake Mungo (a movie; I don't think it was ever a book), The Monkey Spoons, and The Haunting of Hill House (again, may not necessrily be a bona fide ghost story).

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I like The Yellow Wallpaper (though that may not be, strictly speaking, a ghost story),

I remember "The Yellow Wallpaper" it was interesting, and goes to show that not treating emotional struggles or exhaustion appropriately can lead to a greater problem. I always felt so sorry for her!

Reactions: SepiaAndDust
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I was wondering if it's ok for a Christian to write ghost stories?
And why not? :)
Fiction is fiction, and legends are legends. Ghost stories always existed, and this is an interesting point (fascination of alive people for the dead). And if they are called "stories" and not "History", this is for a good reason.. Yes, let your imagination run! We are lucky enough to imagine, so we should enjoy it. Good luck for your story, this is going to be a good one!

Upvote 0

Beorh

Writer of Dark Literature
Sep 2, 2017
Saint Augustine
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was wondering if it's ok for a Christian to write ghost stories? I've thought of a twist for my story. The main character gets a tattoo done at Sea of Ink Tattoo Studio (not a real place) and one of her friends tells her that the town is haunted by a headless motorbike rider and is looking for his long lost sweetheart.

Why not? We have Biblical evidence to show that ghosts indeed exist if we study the story of King Saul and the witch of Endor. She called up the spirit or ghost of Samuel. Ghosts indeed are part of life on Earth, so why not write about them?

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have the freedom in Christ to write what you wish to the best of your ability. If you tell a good story, it will accurately reflect the glory of God, regardless of whether God is mentioned or not. If a story doesn't reflect truth, it's not a good story, but ghosts are "true" in that they exist and can be used to do the will of God. Reflect the truth, and tell a good story.

Upvote 0