Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I was wondering if it's ok for a Christian to write ghost stories? I've thought of a twist for my story. The main character gets a tattoo done at Sea of Ink Tattoo Studio (not a real place) and one of her friends tells her that the town is haunted by a headless motorbike rider and is looking for his long lost sweetheart.

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I was wondering if it's ok for a Christian to write ghost stories? I've thought of a twist for my story. The main character gets a tattoo done at Sea of Ink Tattoo Studio (not a real place) and one of her friends tells her that the town is haunted by a headless motorbike rider and is looking for his long lost sweetheart.
Sounds interesting...

Here's a suggestion: the main character discovers that the supposed headless motorbike rider is actually her uncle who is alive and well (though rather miserable) and years ago his sweetheart died in a motorbike accident.

Then it all turns out to be a dream...

Then she wonders whether there's some reason why her uncle is a bit miserable about her tattoo.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sounds interesting...

Here's a suggestion: the main character discovers that the supposed headless motorbike rider is actually her uncle who is alive and well (though rather miserable) and years ago his sweetheart died in a motorbike accident.

Then it all turns out to be a dream...

Then she wonders whether there's some reason why her uncle is a bit miserable about her tattoo.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
YW; alternatively you could base a series of short stories around the parlor you mentioned. (Unless of course it was all supposed to be about ghosts...)

Well, to start with I was thinking of basing it on The Legend of The Headless Horseman (without the gory stuff) and a bit of detective mystery type thing.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is going to be my very first ghost story that I've ever written.
Have you written about other themes quite a bit and are now branching out, so to speak? I guess ghosts might not be the easiest theme to write about. Or maybe they are, for some ppl.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which ghost stories do you enjoy reading? Do you have any favourites?
I like Sleepy Hollow and some stuff based off of real life encounters.
I enjoy reading stories about haunted castles the most though. A sad woman who can not marry the love of her life and throws herself from the top of the tower in agony. She then wanders the castle looking and waiting for her long lost lover. There are stories of people being locked away in towers and bricked into walls. There is some kind of interest there in the forbidden love that ends up creating a good and sometimes sad ghost story but leaves you with a sense of adventure in the end along with a healthy amount of horror.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like Sleepy Hollow and some stuff based off of real life encounters.
I enjoy reading stories about haunted castles the most though. A sad woman who can not marry the love of her life and throws herself from the top of the tower in agony. She then wanders the castle looking and waiting for her long lost lover. There are stories of people being locked away in towers and bricked into walls. There is some kind of interest there in the forbidden love that ends up creating a good and sometimes sad ghost story but leaves you with a sense of adventure in the end along with a healthy amount of horror.

I like Sleepy Hallow too. I also enjoy the ones of people encountering Roman Soldiers. For example in York, England in 1953 there was a plumber called Harry Martindale who was installing a heating system in the cellars of the Treasurer's House. Suddenly a whole Roman army appeared from one end of the room, walked to the other end and disappeared.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like Sleepy Hallow too. I also enjoy the ones of people encountering Roman Soldiers. For example in York, England in 1953 there was a plumber called Harry Martindale who was installing a heating system in the cellars of the Treasurer's House. Suddenly a whole Roman army appeared from one end of the room, walked to the other end and disappeared.
I have read one of those before also. They say you can see some troops marching in one part of England I think or at least one or two soldiers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cool. Are there any places near you that are said to be haunted?
I am from Pennsylvania and about I would say 2 hours away from Gettysburg. About an hour or less from Philadelphia and around 5 or 6 miles away from Brandywine Battlefield. I have more haunted places then I need at the moment.

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0