Can Calvinism reconcile God ordaining Adam to sin, and still allow Adam to have a free will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have succeeded in derailing this thread.

You demanded that I respond to your claim about New Covenant Theology, and now I am the problem...

Personal attacks are the favorite device of those who cannot defend their doctrine based on scripture.

Mat 26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

If you want to understand the faulty presuppositions of both Reformed Covenant Theology and modern Dispensational Theology, read Pastor John G. Reisinger's book "Abraham's Four Seeds".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You demanded that I respond to your claim about New Covenant Theology, and now I am the problem...

Personal attacks are the favorite device of those who cannot defend their doctrine based on scripture.

Mat 26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

If you want to understand the faulty presuppositions of both Reformed Covenant Theology and modern Dispensational Theology, read Pastor John G. Reisinger's book "Abraham's Four Seeds".

I liked John Resinger but he was wrong on this issue.
I spoke with him at a bible conference on this issue,I attempted to offer correction at that time,but I did not know enough then to be more effective .

• Haha
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Where did I demand anything from you?

You derailed the thread with you constant and false claim about Augustine. Augustine was never the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Source of Baptism is the Holy Spirit. I refuse to believe that unless and until a person "finds" right church or the proper method, the Holy Spirit refuses to attend. That is the meanest form of Election and a denial of the Holy Spirit. I believe that any two or three gathered together in Christ's name who ask in Faith and Humility for the Holy Spirit to consecrate a Baptism, the Holy Spirit is there.
Being Baptized more than once is not necessary. I was rebaptized once because I was not a true believer the first time.

Peter tells us that water baptism is the answer of a good conscience toward God. Paul explains in Rom. 6 what water baptism is and what it represents.

Infant sprinkling isn't baptism according to the Scriptures.

All believers are baptized in the Holy Spirit, but that is not the command given to the Apostles to baptize believers.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Apostles were Calvinists.

And those who promote the Two Peoples of God doctrine, which John Nelson Darby brought to America, claim the Apostles were Dispensationalists.

Dr. John MacArthur is a Dispensational, Calvinistic, Baptist.

MacArthur would say the Apostles were Dispensational, Calvinistic, Baptists.

And we wonder why the modern Church is in such a mess...

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Baptism is of the Holy Spirit. We are saved by Grace. SO if the salvation is after, the person "were" Baptized, then it matters not before or after. I cannot find any verse that a person should or can be baptized multiple times based on doctrinal differences between denomination. I suspect that Calvin was more concerned with this offence, as there were already various denominations. Once is enough.

Conversion comes upon faith in Christ, based on the scripture found below.
The gift of the Holy Spirit comes with that conversion.

Joh 5:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Act 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, (Conversion comes with repentance.)

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
"Do you hold to New Covenant theology? It isn't biblical. What is your theology? Please le us know."

I simply asked a question? It wasn't a demand.

Now I am finished with you in this thread. I will not answer any more of your posts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.