Can anyone explain how the moth got it's owl eyes?

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟152,715.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel we have reached the point of no return. His denial that beneficial mutations exist, when they can be pointed out and demonstrated, betrays a solid commitment to ignore the evidence. His own posts have contained that evidence, yet he is so wedded to distorted, fanciful understandings of what evolution is that the evidence does not - in his mind exist.

The only remaining question I have is would someone whose name was Thurston-howell III actually have a lower case "h" in the second portion of their double barreled name? I think not and reasonable inferences can follow.
Point of no sense continuing was
pages back.
Too bad, it would be so interesting
to encounter a creationist capable of
a honest and reasoned discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,630.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Man don’t you have the blinders on.
You see no coincidence getting just the right multiple very improbable mutations
TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!
There is not enough time in the universe existance to even chance the formation of a single useful protein. So how did all the other proteins come into being? More chance?
You are incredulous to the hilt!

This is the single most ironic comment to come from the guy who refuses to actually engage with anyone and just runs their mouth with nonsense like this.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟152,715.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Via the presence of honest and reasoned responses.
I've noticed on this page a couple of
people who don't know, don't care, and,
have nothing but quips, made up
"facts", snark,strawman, etc to offer.

If they really- really had God, bible, the angels,
and all of reality on their side this incapacity
to employ fact and reason would be most
peculiar.

Perhaps one of them can explain this failure.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Via the presence of honest and reasoned responses.

And what would determine "honest and reasoned"?

Let me guess:

Science?

Everything in the Bible has to pass the Litmus test first, does it?

Else no walking on water, no parting of the Red Sea, no Resurrection, no ...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps one of them can explain this failure.

We're all in Ig City.

While the one who shanghaied us and put us there is scratching her head and complaining she can't understand anything.

So who's really the ig here?

Upvote 0

Thurston-howell-III

Mar 20, 2024
FL
✟4,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by "just the right (mutation)?" All the mutation has to do to be "lucky" is improve the fitness of the creature in some way--not in a particular way to reach some final outcome later on.

So improving fitness means getting just the correct sequential mutations in the right order, multiple times?
Fantasy!!!

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟304,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The only remaining question I have is would someone whose name was Thurston-howell III actually have a lower case "h" in the second portion of their double barreled name? I think not and reasonable inferences can follow.
"Thurston Howell III" is the name of the rich guy stuck on Gilligan's Island.

• Useful
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟174,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Fantasy!!!
I think you misquoted me, but at least it was in the form of a question:

"So improving fitness means getting just the correct sequential mutations in the right order, multiple times?"

And the answer to that question is a resounding NO! The theory of evolution does not claim it or require it and no need for such a thing has ever been shown.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thurston-howell-III

Mar 20, 2024
FL
✟4,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you misquoted me, but at least it was in the form of a question:

"So improving fitness means getting just the correct sequential mutations in the right order, multiple times?"

And the answer to that question is a resounding NO! The theory of evolution does not claim it or require it and no need for such a thing has ever been shown.
But that is IN FACT what's happening according to you. how many lucky, happenstance mutations needed to occur?
You need a brain to interpret what the eye is seeing, special fluid to protect eyes from dust and bacteria,also translucent skin over the eye so you can see through it. How about specialized eye muscles that weren't there before? How bout the proteins needed to build the eye? This is just for starters! Explain your process that is NOT LUCKY to enable this.

Upvote 0

Thurston-howell-III

Mar 20, 2024
FL
✟4,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the single most ironic comment to come from the guy who refuses to actually engage with anyone and just runs their mouth with nonsense like this.
Nice NON RESPONSE. no surprise.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,630.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Nice NON RESPONSE. no surprise.

Buddy, we've told you repeatedly how mutations work, how they accrue and how they function. It's not any fault of ours that you refuse to accept what we say because you're too incredulous to admit that you might be wrong on this matter.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟174,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But that is IN FACT what's happening according to you.
I suppose that if one wanted an eye exactly like the ones we have, then the mutations which brought it about could be called "lucky" in some sense. But nobody did.
how many lucky, happenstance mutations needed to occur?
You need a brain to interpret what the eye is seeing, special fluid to protect eyes from dust and bacteria,also translucent skin over the eye so you can see through it. How about specialized eye muscles that weren't there before? How bout the proteins needed to build the eye? This is just for starters! Explain your process that is NOT LUCKY to enable this.
It's called evolution by random variation and natural selection. Each new generation of a species presents a range of variants to the environment for selection. Those that, because of their variation, do a little better when it comes time to reproduce will pass that variation on. After a while most of the species will have it. And repeat. It's a really interesting theory--you ought to read up on it.

Upvote 0

Thurston-howell-III

Mar 20, 2024
FL
✟4,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Buddy, we've told you repeatedly how mutations work, how they accrue and how they function. It's not any fault of ours that you refuse to accept what we say because you're too incredulous to admit that you might be wrong on this matter.
You obviously have your head in the sand
Unwilling to appreciate the statistical impossibility of your fantasy, that’s not my problem

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟174,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Unwilling to appreciate the statistical impossibility of your fantasy, that’s not my problem
You haven't made a statistical argument. From what I know about it, the "statistics" work just fine. Let's see your math.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟352,630.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Yet you, nor anyone else, has shown how it's a "statistical impossibility".
Many organisms do not have the same long live spans as humans or other animals. Bacteria only live for about 12 hours. Some insects only live for a day at most, and smaller animals have short life spans as well. So no, it's not statistically impossible for beneficial mutations to emerge in the amount of time life has been on this planet.

The only person with their head in the sand is you.

Upvote 0

Thurston-howell-III

Mar 20, 2024
FL
✟4,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't made a statistical argument. From what I know about it, the "statistics" work just fine. Let's see your math.
Do you believe it’s possible if a billion monkeys typing 100 chars per second on a billion typewriters, you would ever have one legible page of information?
(Which equivocates to a simple protein)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe it’s possible if a billion monkeys typing 100 chars per second on a billion typewriters, you would ever have one legible page of information?
(Which equivocates to a simple protein)

You don't know who you're talking to, do you?

1714431561789.jpeg

Wow! signal

Upvote 0