✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What I mean is this..

I meet alot of Christians in my travels that almost seem to have a sense of pride,when they see their sin.

The feel as though maybe tomorrow,they will strong arm the flesh.Which is really just another way for one to feel as though he or she is “co-saviour-n-chief”.

Almost like they feel the most noble,when they are conscience of sin..

To me..I am better off having the blood of Jesus,cleanse my conscience of sin,Hebrews 10:22.

Isn’t that the idea?

I mean,if one wants to keep looking into the full blown depravity of their flesh for the rest of their lives…okie dokie,but as far as this house,I will receive what he did for me,and not try to tinker with the flesh..just sayin..

Whay say ye?

Last edited:

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Good stuff, Frog. There is only one proper response to the Law: Repentance.

And like you, I don't mean a false, works-based idea of repentance.

I mean true repentance, the gift of God that leads us to confess not only our sins but our sinfulness and to turn back to receive yet again the forgiveness that is ours in Jesus Christ, the only source holiness for us.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your posts guys.

Sometimes in a church,the chief sinner will almost seem to garner a support system,where for years,the other church members cheer on his carnal pursuit...like they are cheering.."you go dude!

"
clapping.gif

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We find also that the leader who preaches strongest, loudest, most vehmently about sin X, often times has that sin X majorly hidden from everyone, but God.

But God brings it all to light.

Peter's a good example. He nailed the 'you are Christ' and fell from there. Then was restored. Then preached to the Jew, opening the door. Then had to get rapped with a vision. Then preached to the Gentile, opening the door. Then accepted, then rejected. Then accepted again.

A few times of that roller-coaster ride and it helps to keep in mind, I am the chiefest of knuckleheads.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We find also that the leader who preaches strongest, loudest, most vehmently about sin X, often times has that sin X majorly hidden from everyone, but God.

But God brings it all to light.

Peter's a good example. He nailed the 'you are Christ' and fell from there. Then was restored. Then preached to the Jew, opening the door. Then had to get rapped with a vision. Then preached to the Gentile, opening the door. Then accepted, then rejected. Then accepted again.

A few times of that roller-coaster ride and it helps to keep in mind, I am the chiefest of knuckleheads.

Good point.if you want to know what sin a preacher is struggling with,just listen to his sermon!:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I mean is this..

I meet alot of Christians in my travels that almost seem to have a sense of pride,when they see their sin.

The feel as though maybe tomorrow,they will strong arm the flesh.Which is really just another way for one to feel as though he or she is “co-saviour-n-chief”.

To me..I am better off having the blood of Jesus,cleanse my conscience of sin,Hebrews 10:22.

Isn’t that the idea?

I mean,if one wants to keep looking into the full blown depravity of their flesh for the rest of their lives…okie dokie,but as far as this house,I will receive what he did for me,and not try to tinker with the flesh..just sayin..

Whay say ye?

Yes Christians can suffer from a false sense of humility. I have suffered this and I think alot of people have and it needs to be checked every day with prayer.

But there is a humble sense where we can all become co-redeemers and co-workers and co-heirs with Christ. When we evangelize in his name we do this.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes Christians can suffer from a false sense of humility. I have suffered this and I think alot of people have and it needs to be checked every day with prayer.

But there is a humble sense where we can all become co-redeemers and co-workers and co-heirs with Christ. When we evangelize in his name we do this.

hmmmm..yes.
But.do you think that one trying to fix something,that only God can do,works pride?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RibI

Jul 31, 2009
✟1,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can a Christian have false humility?
What I mean is this..

Almost like they feel the most noble,when they are conscience of sin....

Whay say ye?

Funny you should ask.
Not funny ha ha, but rather funny wierd.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Frogster. How can one tell? God will know, He sees our hearts, and knows our thoughts. Perhaps when Jesus told us to love others as we love ourselves, and that is most noticable by the way we treat each other? Those we ignore as of little importance, or sometimes just an impersonal " how do?" True humility is to treat others as you would like to be treated, with kindness and consideration, with a friendly smile and true feelings of belonging to the same Father. I say this with love, Frogster. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AoDoA

Feb 9, 2010
✟1,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course Christians can have pride evidencing itself as false humility. Christians are still sinners, albeit saved sinners. They are not, and never can be, sinless and perfect in and of themselves.

I think there is a healthy amount of pride

I firmly believe we are actively involved in the salvation process

we cannot save ourselves but we must work with the Spirit and I think its ok to be proud when we achieve good things in the name of the Lord

lets say you were imprisoned and beaten for naming Christ and refusing to renounce Him

you should be proud of yourself for this

I think God is proud of you too

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

[26] For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; [27] but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, [28] and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, [29] so that no man may boast before God. [30] But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, [31] so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD." (1Cr 1:26-31 NASB)

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I mean is this..

Isn’t that the idea?

Whay say ye?
He can use His spray can of "Sin-B-Gone" on me whenever He wants.

Reactions: squint
Upvote 0