• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Calling other people god... HELP

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My intrusive mind back at it again.
My mind is calling people “god” even though they ain’t.
At first it was easy to brush up because I know I worship the only God.
But then it happened more and more.
Now I don’t know if this is idolatry or just my mind again.
Advice? Help

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Those are not your thoughts. This isn't a mental illness. You should talk to a priest. Pray the Jesus Prayer since that's what burns the demons. Just as iron cannot be grabbed or even approached when it is red-hot, the same thing happens with the soul of him who says prayer with the fervor of Christ. The demons do not approach it, and how could they? For if they draw near it, they will be burned by the divine fire which the divine name contains. Do not stop praying the Jesus Prayer, continuously pray the Jesus Prayer "Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner". Also again, I will say, talk to your priest about this. It will be hard to pray the Jesus Prayer at start, but once you get used to it, it becomes the easiest prayer and you won't be able to let it go.

Jesus Prayer
The Jesus Prayer - GOARCH
Saying the Jesus Prayer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when you have these intrusive thoughts, do you pray about them right away? I tend to ignore bad thoughts now and I don't even bother praying about them right away, because at one point I was finding that, soon after praying another one would pop up then i'd pray and it would happen again until, It left me feeling worn out. Its Jesus that you need to fix your eyes upon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Acknowledge it, but offer no judgement. Just let it trickle downstream like a lolly stick.

You need to write a book. Your witticisms are good. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
You need to write a book. Your witticisms are good. :)

~Bella

The trick with that is to insert subliminal messaging into a lighthearted storyline - not only will the message go in better, but it'll be enjoyed more. Let's face it, NO one wants to read self help books, they're boring and sanctimonious.

I think something like that would work better as a collaboration too. I mean, ONE experience is one thing. Ten to twelve experiences is something else.

Yeah, some things just work better as a team effort. In my opinion.

*Cough* I'll be sending out a project or two THIS year - so watch this space. They're only manifestations of my inner entertainer though, one is a complete nonsense book, actually. It's designed intentionally to confuse people.

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
*Cough* I'll be sending out a project or two THIS year - so watch this space. They're only manifestations of my inner entertainer though, one is a complete nonsense book, actually. It's designed intentionally to confuse people.

Looking forward to it. Good luck!

~Bella

Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The trick with that is to insert subliminal messaging into a lighthearted storyline - not only will the message go in better, but it'll be enjoyed more. Let's face it, NO one wants to read self help books, they're boring and sanctimonious.

I think something like that would work better as a collaboration too. I mean, ONE experience is one thing. Ten to twelve experiences is something else.

Yeah, some things just work better as a team effort. In my opinion.

Nice! Yea, I don’t really like self-help books. I have yet to find a good one.
The only self help Book I like is the Bible ;)

Upvote 0

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Those are not your thoughts. This isn't a mental illness. You should talk to a priest. Pray the Jesus Prayer since that's what burns the demons. Just as iron cannot be grabbed or even approached when it is red-hot, the same thing happens with the soul of him who says prayer with the fervor of Christ. The demons do not approach it, and how could they? For if they draw near it, they will be burned by the divine fire which the divine name contains. Do not stop praying the Jesus Prayer, continuously pray the Jesus Prayer "Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner". Also again, I will say, talk to your priest about this. It will be hard to pray the Jesus Prayer at start, but once you get used to it, it becomes the easiest prayer and you won't be able to let it go.

Jesus Prayer
The Jesus Prayer - GOARCH
Saying the Jesus Prayer
Thank you, I’ll try to do this everyday

Upvote 0

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So when you have these intrusive thoughts, do you pray about them right away? I tend to ignore bad thoughts now and I don't even bother praying about them right away, because at one point I was finding that, soon after praying another one would pop up then i'd pray and it would happen again until, It left me feeling worn out. Its Jesus that you need to fix your eyes upon.
That is my goal but I wonder what’s truly in my heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Nice! Yea, I don’t really like self-help books. I have yet to find a good one.
The only self help Book I like is the Bible ;)

Better yet, a children's Bible. I think the more simple something is, the stronger the message will be received.

Upvote 0

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Better yet, a children's Bible. I think the more simple something is, the stronger the message will be received.
Very true.
As a child, being raised Catholic, I had a story Bible that helped me understand.
Though I departed from my Faith for 8 years, but being a “true Christian”, it sparks a new meaning

Upvote 0