Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
It just grosses me out but i hear you, as usual. I don't say it's wrong or right mind you. I just call Him God because that's as far as I can really go myself.

znr, people do so because they feel close to God in their 'own' way. What may seem weird to you is not to another. Calling God 'DADDY' is absolutely fine with Him. God is not so much enthralled with our 'fancy words' as much as He is with our HEARTS towards Him and how true and deep we really are when we are approaching Him.
I have called God DADDY and I still do at certain times in my worship times with Him.
I call Him ABBA FATHER, and I use varieties of His name to worship Him.
God loves it all, and is not against any of it.
Our heart is what attracts The Father, and how we worship Him IN TRUTH
Let not the one who does not eat meat condemn the one who does, and vise versa.
God bless:)

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
So calling God 'Daddy' is playing with fire?

Rather unfair, don't you think?

I'll be a little blunt here- have you read what other posts have actually said- those who've replied that they do call God by that term sometimes?
If you had, I don't see how you could possibly equate using the term 'daddy' in a personal, deeply meaningful way with calling a king 'pointy hat guy'.

No one's said that they do the equivalent of sitting down and saying 'Yo, Daddio, dude!" to God.

Fair enough that you wouldn't use the phrase yourself- but to say those of us who have are playing with fire is unfair, untrue and judgemental. Please read what I posted before about respect and reverance for God.

This is exactly the thing was talking about earlier when I said that personal preference is one thing- but automatically judging Christians who use the term as disrespectful or 'wrong' in some way is another matter, (as is judging those who prefer not to use the term 'daddy').

Sometimes, silence is the best reply to some ridiculous posts angelfrog. Its easy to discern the mindset of a few people who post ridiculous things. That is why a lot of unbelievers/agnostics etc are scared off from wanting to know our God, because many think our God is unapproachable, mean, cruel and will punish at any slightest mistake or sin.
They think God is a God who loves to send people to hell and is just outright violent. But God is NOT any of those things and He is loving, kind, merciful and very Beautiful.

I know a very very powerful and anointed man of God who calls God 'Daddy'. Aside from that, I have no doubt in my mind that God is not focused on what terms we use as much as He wants our hearts in truth and our genuine and honest desire to know Him and just embrace everything He is about.

Thank God the OP (znr) gets it.

Upvote 0

Angelfrog

Rock, paper, JESUS! I win!
Oct 22, 2009
Sitting on a cloud in England.
✟9,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt in my mind that God is not focused on what terms we use as much as He wants our hearts in truth and our genuine and honest desire to know Him and just embrace everything He is about.

And that sums it up better than anything, really!!!! Whatever we do or don't call Him. Well said, Ark.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 John 4:17-19 Amplified Bible

In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought
to completion and attains perfection with us,
that we may have confidence for the day of judgment
[with assurance and boldness to face Him],
because as He is, so are we in this world.
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist],
but full-grown (complete, perfect) love
turns fear out of doors and
expels every trace of terror!
For fear brings with it the thought of punishment,
and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the
full maturity of love
[is not yet grown into love’s complete perfection].
We love Him, because He first loved us.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't get it. Why do people refer to God as "daddy" or "dad"? This seems beyond weird to me. I attended a church for a few months and they all referred to The Lord as daddy, papa or dad. It's not that I find it irreverent or anything, it just turns my stomach when I hear it. How does a person get to this intimacy with The Lord where one calls God daddy?
That's is a lack of respect for a our FATHER/GOD of infinite power and wisdom. Anyone that would do this I would ask them to not disrespect GOD in this way in my presence or I would no longer want to be around them. HE placed the billions of stars in heaven and knows each by name.

Isa_45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Upvote 0

Chaston Hall

Nov 15, 2021
Austin, TX
✟8,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I call God "Father" all the time. I don't say "Dad" or "Daddy" because that's too informal for me, and I'm not comfortable with it.
Agreed. I always call God "Father" by default in prayer. Feels more personal/intimate than to call Him "God" in prayer. I feel like once you get to know Him he becomes a Father. God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: I's2C
Upvote 0