California Sheriff's slamming Sanctuary status

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So, we're getting lost in minutea.

It's not minutiae -- it's "How in the name of Hades is it going to get done?"

Any imbecile can promise great things (observe Washington), but then they clam up when it comes time to deliver.

Police round up and deportations are the last option.

According to Donald, they're the current option -- some of us remember his campaign promises.

The first option is to make the society inhospitable for them en mass. If they can't get jobs, if they can't get welfare, the economic migrants will self deport. That is at least half of them.

Works pretty well on the poor citizens, too -- except they've got nowhere to go.

For the criminals, if we catch you committing a violent crime and you're illegal, Life - No Parole - Hard Labor.

There's just a thing called the "Equal Protection" clause that might present an issue. But if you're willing to feed and house the illegals for the rest of their lives, what's the point of denying them welfare?

And government officials like Rahm, who openly declares he will use taxpayer money to protect illegal alien foreign nationals, some of whom are committing violent crimes. How is this not treason?

Find me the quote and I'll tell you.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
And those who don't care?

By that logic, Donald has been engaged in non-stop warfare against the American people... but of course, it's Rahm Emanuel you want executed for treason.

Of course -- his lies don't scare you or fool you because you like them. They're useful to you just as they are to him.

The warfare is against the Deep State MIC and globalists. Our real enemies.

I don't care because the people crying about it the most are just as, if not much more deceptive than he is. You haven't the credibility to inspire me to care. When you know what I know, you don't let shiny things distract you.

And the bigger lie being perpetrated by the left is that there is no voter fraud in California.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
It's not minutiae -- it's "How in the name of Hades is it going to get done?"

Any imbecile can promise great things (observe Washington), but then they clam up when it comes time to deliver.

According to Donald, they're the current option -- some of us remember his campaign promises.

Works pretty well on the poor citizens, too -- except they've got nowhere to go.

There's just a thing called the "Equal Protection" clause that might present an issue. But if you're willing to feed and house the illegals for the rest of their lives, what's the point of denying them welfare?

Find me the quote and I'll tell you.

That's the option because that's what he can do. It takes congress to reform the welfare and employment laws that attract illegals.

I don't think equal protection applies to illegal non-citizens.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel: 'Chicago Always Will Be A Sanctuary City'

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought lefties were in favor of letting the Fed handle it? We tried states rights in AZ, it didn't work. So ok, we play by your rules, win the fed, and now you cry about state's rights?

I understand disingenuous partisan hackery goes both ways. But just as not all religions are equally violent, not all political parties or groups are equally deceitful.

Most of us are far too cynical to see your newfound love for 'muh state's rights' as anything other than paper thin. A mere political tool to bide time and camouflage your real intentions. Which is amnesty and open borders.
I have a feeling that you do not yet understand that people who differ with you politically aren't really that different than you. You don't believe state's rights trumps in this case? Then next time when you think it does, remember this. This is more important than any individual thing you could change your mind about.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
I have a feeling that you do not yet understand that people who differ with you politically aren't really that different than you. You don't believe state's rights trumps in this case? Then next time when you think it does, remember this. This is more important than any individual thing you could change your mind about.

Listen, this is a matter of Constitutional law. Border and immigration is a a federal issue because we don't have interstate border enforcement. You get in one state, you can get to them all. The fed has neglected to do their jobs, so border states started acting. They get shut down in court. We won the fed, we voted for the mandate, we're enforcing federal immigration law. And if Trump can't do it, then next guy we vote for will just crack heads with abandon. When you make a mockery of the law, you either get the violence of disorder and chaos, or the violence of over reaction and violence in favor of course correction towards authoritarianism. Sanctuary cities make a mockery of the law.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The warfare is against the Deep State MIC and globalists. Our real enemies.

Back in Goldwater's day, they called them "the Illuminati."

I don't care because the people crying about it the most are just as, if not much more deceptive than he is. You haven't the credibility to inspire me to care. When you know what I know, you don't let shiny things distract you.

Sounds like it's suddenly ok to go to war against the American people, because they deserve it.

And the bigger lie being perpetrated by the left is that there is no voter fraud in California.

You really hate California, don't you?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's the option because that's what he can do. It takes congress to reform the welfare and employment laws that attract illegals.

And Donald has antagonized his own party in Congress, making them less inclined to play ball.

I don't think equal protection applies to illegal non-citizens.

And you would be wrong. The Constitution applies to everyone under US jurisdiction.

Not seeing the whole "use tax dollars to defend illegals" line you claimed. You got distracted by a shiny thing.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Listen, this is a matter of Constitutional law. Border and immigration is a a federal issue because we don't have interstate border enforcement.

Fedreal law, fedreal enforcement.

You get in one state, you can get to them all. The fed has neglected to do their jobs, so border states started acting. They get shut down in court. We won the fed, we voted for the mandate, we're enforcing federal immigration law.

No, you're demanding the states do it for them. And calling for the executions of those who dare say "no."

And if Trump can't do it, then next guy we vote for will just crack heads with abandon.

You'll vote in a competent authoritarian thug?

When you make a mockery of the law, you either get the violence of disorder and chaos, or the violence of over reaction and violence in favor of course correction towards authoritarianism. Sanctuary cities make a mockery of the law.

State or federal law?

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Back in Goldwater's day, they called them "the Illuminati."

Sounds like it's suddenly ok to go to war against the American people, because they deserve it.

You really hate California, don't you?

Bush called them the New World Order, Eisenhower called them the military industrial complex, JFK called them the CIA before the CIA killed him. Today it's known as the Deep State. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

You confuse the Deep State with the American people. That's a dangerous conflation.

My disdain for Cali politics and culture has little bearing on the fact that their policies have compromised the integrity of their vote.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
And Donald has antagonized his own party in Congress, making them less inclined to play ball.

And you would be wrong. The Constitution applies to everyone under US jurisdiction.

Not seeing the whole "use tax dollars to defend illegals" line you claimed. You got distracted by a shiny thing.

That's why 2018 will be a cleansing year. Hopefully even McCain finds his way out.

The constitution does not apply equally to non-citizens. An illegal can not use the 2nd amendment as justification to buy a gun because that provision does not apply to him.

So, suing the federal government doesn't cost tax payer dollars? Pray tell, do they work pro bono?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Fedreal law, fedreal enforcement.

No, you're demanding the states do it for them. And calling for the executions of those who dare say "no."

You'll vote in a competent authoritarian thug?

State or federal law?

I honestly don't know what you're complaining about anymore. We're putting the nails to sanctuary cites, and that's that. Those who don't fall in line will face the legal or vigilante consequences. Lawlessness in regards to immigration will no longer be tolerated.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bush called them the New World Order, Eisenhower called them the military industrial complex, JFK called them the CIA before the CIA killed him. Today it's known as the Deep State. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

You confuse the Deep State with the American people. That's a dangerous conflation.

Different names; same big shiny thing -- although I do agree that the Military Industrial Complex is a problem; but that's one strictly of our own making. Incidentally, have you seen Donald's budget plans for the MIC? You claim to be against the beast even as you cheer on those who feed it.

My disdain for Cali politics and culture has little bearing on the fact that their policies have compromised the integrity of their vote.

It's given you a tangible (and, fortunately for all of us, distant) target for your seething hatred. Perhaps after Emanuel gets the execution you say he deserves, you can turn your full attention to it?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's why 2018 will be a cleansing year. Hopefully even McCain finds his way out.

Much as I'm sure you gleefully anticipate the upcoming purges, how many of those outgoing seats will be filled by Democrats?

Meanwhile, considering the members of Donald's own administration who have already been fired, resigned, or indicted, it's pretty clear that the only swamp Donald is draining (and slowly) is the one he brought with him.

The constitution does not apply equally to non-citizens. An illegal can not use the 2nd amendment as justification to buy a gun because that provision does not apply to him.

Only because buying a gun requires extensive background checks, which many 2nd Amendment supporters dislike anyway, calling them a slippery slope to gun control.

Need I remind you that the Constitution consists of more than the second amendment? It' a common enough oversight. I suppose non-citizens, legal or not, have no 1st Amendment rights? How about the 4th? The 5th? the 8th?

So, suing the federal government doesn't cost tax payer dollars? Pray tell, do they work pro bono?

Are you saying that when the federal government does something illegal, they shouldn't be sued?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I honestly don't know what you're complaining about anymore.

Not sure you ever did -- you claim to support the Constitution while you cheer on a President who's calling for violating it.

We're putting the nails to sanctuary cites, and that's that.

"We" who?

Those who don't fall in line will face the legal or vigilante consequences.

I didn't realize Donald's goal was to create a thugocracy. Not surprised, however.

Lawlessness in regards to immigration will no longer be tolerated.

Perhaps there wouldn't be so much lawlessness if the federal government actually did its job regarding immigration, rather than attempt to browbeat the states and cities into doing it for them.

I know, wacky concept, right?

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A sanctuary city or state is a city or state that refuses to follow the law regarding immigration.
And what is the law, and who enforces it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And what is the law, and who enforces it?

Good question, that would be the feds. They are responsible to enforce federal law. What states cant do, is obstruct the feds from enforcing this law. That issue would be determine by what the evidence shows, if any obstruction is taking place.

Not unlike when the feds investigae that police departments may be violating citizens civil rights, in how they practice their police work.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Good question, that would be the feds. They are responsible to enforce federal law. What states cant do, is obstruct the feds from enforcing this law. That issue would be determine by what the evidence shows, if any obstruction is taking place.

So the question then becomes, is doing nothing considered an obstruction? I don't see how it is.

If the feds have a specific case or suspect, and ask for the local PD's help (i.e. We're looking into a Mr. "Julio Gonzales" at 1060 West Addison St.; can you check him out for us?), and they refuse without sufficient reason, then they have a valid case.

But if we're talking about having the locals do all the work (i.e., round up all the usual suspects and hand over the illegal ones to us), then that's not their job. There's no obstruction in saying, "that's not our jurisdiction; do it yourself."

If a "sanctuary city" means the Feds have to do all the legwork, well -- that's what we have feds for, isn't it? To enforce federal laws.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So the question then becomes, is doing nothing considered an obstruction? I don't see how it is.

If the feds have a specific case or suspect, and ask for the local PD's help (i.e. We're looking into a Mr. "Julio Gonzales" at 1060 West Addison St.; can you check him out for us?), and they refuse without sufficient reason, then they have a valid case.

But if we're talking about having the locals do all the work (i.e., round up all the usual suspects and hand over the illegal ones to us), then that's not their job. There's no obstruction in saying, "that's not our jurisdiction; do it yourself."

If a "sanctuary city" means the Feds have to do all the legwork, well -- that's what we have feds for, isn't it? To enforce federal laws.

I am not making any claim of obstruction. I am simply saying, state authorities can not obstruct the feds from enforcing federal law. Any obstruction, would be determined by the evidence.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well... Another thing they do is to create chaos and more danger for the community. If an undocumented woman wants to pursue justice against her husband for beating her, the feds can pick her up at the courthouse for being in the country illegally. Also one guy got picked up after dropping his middle-school daughter. She needs to get to school and I think she's a citizen. People who are not criminals don't need to be ripped out of their communities like that. It can make it harder for local cops to do their jobs.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am not making any claim of obstruction. I am simply saying, state authorities can not obstruct the feds from enforcing federal law. Any obstruction, would be determined by the evidence.

Agreed -- so we have to look into exactly what is meant by a "sanctuary city."

"we will stop the feds from hunting down illegals" = obstruction.
"will will not help the feds hunt down illegals" = not obstruction.

Upvote 0