Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, I would like to see federal treason charges brought against any governor, mayor, sheriff or other elected official who hinders enforcement of the nations immigration laws. Give a few of these traitors like Rahm in Chicago the death penalty, and watch the domestic collaboration with illegals dry up like a Californian vineyard.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I would like to see federal treason charges brought against any governor, mayor, sheriff or other elected official who hinders enforcement of the nations immigration laws. Give a few of these traitors like Rahm in Chicago the death penalty, and watch the domestic collaboration with illegals dry up like a Californian vineyard.

Who's hindering? All they're doing is saying (accurately, is at happens) "that's not my job, it's yours. Now do it."

The States have their responsibilities, and the feds have theirs.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Who's hindering? All they're doing is saying (accurately, is at happens) "that's not my job, it's yours. Now do it."

If a local PD picks up an illegal on another crime, they have a duty to hold that person until the feds can take custody of them. These sanctuary cities are trying to not do that.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If a local PD picks up an illegal on another crime, they have a duty to hold that person until the feds can take custody of them. These sanctuary cities are trying to not do that.

I would love to see a city or state become a sanctuary city for the 2nd Amendment and see how the Left reacts to that.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Conservatives like to forget a lot of details about the Civil War. They love the flags, statues, "heritage", and anything else that provides a pretense for cosplaying as antebellum dandies, but they'll quickly turn a blind eye towards all the slavery and legal implications that came along with it.

Actually, slavery existed long before the Civil War.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Actually, there's no such duty. Who told you there was?

If a local PD picks up a person for a local crime, they have a duty to prosecute that person for the local crime. Whether or not that person is in the country illegally is not for the locals to investigate -- investigating federal crimes is the duty of federal agencies.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would love to see a city or state become a sanctuary city for the 2nd Amendment and see how the Left reacts to that.

You just described Texas. ;)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Actually, slavery existed long before the Civil War.

True -- and the South fought the Civil War to preserve it... lest we forget.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, there's no such duty. Who told you there was?

If a local PD picks up a person for a local crime, they have a duty to prosecute that person for the local crime. Whether or not that person is in the country illegally is not for the locals to investigate -- investigating federal crimes is the duty of federal agencies.

How is there not such a duty? If the person is here illegally, they have no paper, no records, no birth cert, no social, no tax id, none of these things an American would have. It should be quite easy to determine ones legal status in this country without any significant burden. We do, afterall, live in a survielance society. Not like it's the Wild West. Especially if you're prosecuting them on another crime. That should be a pretty key piece of information for the DA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(Shrugs) The video stated what could happen if the state decides to not cooperate, and how if they have to get a search warrant - after the felon is released from prison - and raid their dwellings? Everyone in that house - including those that are illegal, and don't have any criminal record - would be scooped up in the process.

That would be their job, and they will do it. Sadly, California seems to be fine with that. They shouldn't be complaining about how the federal government is placing the non-criminals in the system, because they asked them to do 'their job, not ours'. We all know that is NOT what the government of CA wants - or do they? I would say not, so it seems like a rather juvenile approach.

State and Federal governments cooperate on regular basis on other things, but it seems CA wants more of their illegal population taken in by Federal agents with sweeps so they don't have to. That way they can point the finger, and in their minds NOT be responsible for what happened. I mean they don't need to help them (illegals) its not their job or responsibility.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now watching someone try and enforce that law would be a LOT of fun to see! :D
tulc(and would guarantee Mayor Emmanuel would easily get reelected!) ;)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How is there not such a duty?

Because there isn't. How is this difficult to understand?

If a person is arrested for a crime, police check their name, fingerprints, address, to determine whether or not they have a prior record or outstanding warrants.

If the person is here illegally, they have no paper, no records, no birth cert, no social, no tax id, none of these things an American would have.

Great. Post yours.

C'mon, amigo -- papers, please.

It should be quite easy to determine ones legal status in this country without any significant burden.

Just about each and every one of those papers is the responsibility of a different state or federal agency -- and they don't cooperate as well as they should.

How long would it take you to get a copy of your own birth certificate? A day? Two or three? And that's after a drive to the state capitol to cut through the usual bureaucratic red tape. Now, multiply that by the number of papers you just demanded (but cannot produce yourself, amigo), multiplied again by the number of people the police arrest every day in every city in the country, and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand why the federal government is so darn unwilling to do its own job and trying to foist it off on the states.

We do, afterall, live in a survielance society. Not like it's the Wild West.

Since you enjoy our surveillance society so much, papers, please, amigo.

Especially if you're prosecuting them on another crime. That should be a pretty key piece of information for the DA.

No, it's a pretty irrelevant piece of information. Whether or not a person is in the country illegally has no bearing on whether they, for example, stole a car.

Meanwhile -- papers, please, amigo.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Kidnapping is a federal crime too. Are local PD just going to start overlooking that one as well?

Nope, kidnapping is covered under state laws as well... it's only a federal issue if the kidnapper moves the victim across state lines.

Nice try, though -- points for effort.

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
(Shrugs) The video stated what could happen if the state decides to not cooperate, and how if they have to get a search warrant - after the felon is released from prison - and raid their dwellings? Everyone in that house - including those that are illegal, and don't have any criminal record - would be scooped up in the process.

That would be their job, and they will do it. Sadly, California seems to be fine with that. They shouldn't be complaining about how the federal government is placing the non-criminals in the system, because they asked them to do 'their job, not ours'. We all know that is NOT what the government of CA wants - or do they? I would say not, so it seems like a rather juvenile approach.

State and Federal governments cooperate on regular basis on other things, but it seems CA wants more of their illegal population taken in by Federal agents with sweeps so they don't have to. That way they can point the finger, and in their minds NOT be responsible for what happened. I mean they don't need to help them (illegals) its not their job or responsibility.

Federal law, federal enforcement. That's how it should be. States that are willing and able to cooperate with federal authorities are of course allowed or encouraged to do so, but some states are far too busy with those issues which are their responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought State’s Rights were very important in America (more important to the people within the State than Federal laws).

Did I get it backwards?

I do believe immigration is a federal issue and not something the state has the technical ability to overrule federal law.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now watching someone try and enforce that law would be a LOT of fun to see! :D
tulc(and would guarantee Mayor Emmanuel would easily get reelected!) ;)

Well, any excuse to execute Mayor Emmanuel will please the Right.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The entire US is a sanctuary state for the 2nd ammendment. In case you missed it, they react with sorrow and confusion as yall gun each other down and happily carry on your way

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do believe immigration is a federal issue and not something the state has the technical ability to overrule federal law.

And state officials would be operating out of their jurisdiction if they attempted to enforce federal law.

Upvote 0