• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

By INVITE only forum threads?

Discussion in 'Suggest New Forums' started by drjean, Aug 5, 2018.

1. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,687
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    In the meantime,
    Conspiracy Theories

2. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,048
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I love the idea of feeling safe in discussion with civil members!

3. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,612
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    People could offer their overall view of a particular issue in a thread, with evidence and so on for their view. Then people can discuss it.

4. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+1,971
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    Isn't this something which should be happening in all threads?

I'm a little worried that setting up an invite-only forum could create the appearance of an 'elite' in-group who convene to ponder issues without interruption from the 'deplorables'.

I'm also concerned that valid (and invalid) alternative opinion will be filtered out leaving an echo chamber.
    OB

5. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,612
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, that’s what I meant, as in rather than exclude other views a person making a thread on a topic they got ‘shot down’ for could offer their evidence up front, and be prepared to consider other opinions/defend their own. It was clear in my head when I posted lol.

6. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,041
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I like the idea. I don’t mind differing opinions. But that shouldn’t lead to incivility, reports and the like. Pleasant discourse should be the norm.