✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then pray EVEN MORE!

These are my private thoughts, not preaching at anyone so please don't think that. I just like to share my thinking if i may.

We are all so stressed and pressured for time. So prayer might go neglected. Just another item on the TO DO list. No. I resist that. I tell myself to pray more the less time i apparently have. Because for every task in life the planning stage is most important. Therefore, to prepare for heaven we need to plan and prepare and put the work in. For our relationship with Jesus needs input daily.

I identify loads of chances to pray. In the bath, whilst ironing, cooking, driving. On very busy days i STEP UP the amount and intensity of prayers. All inside my head and in private. Between me and the true Lord of my life. It's wonderful. I have lot of friends and a wonderful loving partner. But my most treasured relationship is Jesus Christ. Nothing and nobody will ever come between us. When i pray and worship at church it is wonderfully excellent too.

So when and how do you pray? Is it in a special place or way? I think it matters not as long as you DO. Pray in the supermarket queue and in traffic jams. It's great, keeps you calm and patient.

Sorry if i go on a bit but these are my thoughts and i want to share them with other true believers of Jesus.

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great advice! I like to pray (silently) for random people when I am out and about. They all seem so busy and angry, it's nice to step out of the way and pray that the Holy Spirit be with them. Sometimes I see a change come over them or maybe that is just my imagination or wishful thinking (I know the atheists will say that!).
I wonder if some would say that it is unethical or immoral to pray for strangers as they may not be Christians and might not want to be secretly prayed for. Is it spiritual warfare? I just want them to feel the presence of God in their life, of course.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Great advice! I like to pray (silently) for random people when I am out and about. They all seem so busy and angry, it's nice to step out of the way and pray that the Holy Spirit be with them. Sometimes I see a change come over them or maybe that is just my imagination or wishful thinking (I know the atheists will say that!).
I wonder if some would say that it is unethical or immoral to pray for strangers as they may not be Christians and might not want to be secretly prayed for. Is it spiritual warfare? I just want them to feel the presence of God in their life, of course.
I think thats fantastic and perfectly fine and good. To pray for others. That can never ever be wrong.
I don't care what atheists think or say

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I had a technique with God when I was still working full time ( I'm retired now). I had many tasks, some I really didn't want to do and others that were fine but either way I went into work and called God up in prayer and then didn't end the prayer, I mean like no amen. So during the day, I just went back into that prayer, added to it or gave thanks etc. It was living with an open letter to the Lord and writing in a line here and there all day long.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then pray EVEN MORE!

These are my private thoughts, not preaching at anyone so please don't think that. I just like to share my thinking if i may.

We are all so stressed and pressured for time. So prayer might go neglected. Just another item on the TO DO list. No. I resist that. I tell myself to pray more the less time i apparently have. Because for every task in life the planning stage is most important. Therefore, to prepare for heaven we need to plan and prepare and put the work in. For our relationship with Jesus needs input daily.

I identify loads of chances to pray. In the bath, whilst ironing, cooking, driving. On very busy days i STEP UP the amount and intensity of prayers. All inside my head and in private. Between me and the true Lord of my life. It's wonderful. I have lot of friends and a wonderful loving partner. But my most treasured relationship is Jesus Christ. Nothing and nobody will ever come between us. When i pray and worship at church it is wonderfully excellent too.

So when and how do you pray? Is it in a special place or way? I think it matters not as long as you DO. Pray in the supermarket queue and in traffic jams. It's great, keeps you calm and patient.

Sorry if i go on a bit but these are my thoughts and i want to share them with other true believers of Jesus.
I’m in agreement. I have been going through some troubled and chaotic times recently, and have found that as I am more disciplined in prayer, there is more peace in my life, despite the circumstances.

When and how do I pray? I try to “pray without ceasing”, though fall short of the mark. I set aside about an hour each morning on rising, and pray some liturgical prayers, prayers for those around me, prayers of adoration, confession, and thanksgiving, then spend some time with “The Jesus Prayer”, trying to still my heart and focus on Him alone.

I pray as often as I can through the day, in various ways, especially in the car, then try again to pray at night, thanking God for His grace and asking His protection.

“There is no life without prayer. Without prayer there is only madness and horror.” - Vasilii Rosanov (as quoted by Bishop Kallistos Ware)

Upvote 0