✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 John 5:16 (NIV)

There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Christians are often confused when they are commanded to pray for their enemies (Matthew 5:4). We need to understand that Christ isn't commanding us to pray for the well-being and prosperity of our enemies so that they continue to do evil as much as to pray for their salvation and deliverance from sin. Some sin in many ways and can be delivered from their sin through prayer. However, some blasphemed against the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28-30, Acts 5:3-4), and we should not pray for them as we would be asking God to bless evil. Satan, Judas Iscariot, King Saul, the Pharisees, and others would be examples of blasphemers and apostates who we should not pray for, as we would be asking God to bless evil, which He does not. There are times when, like King David, we can and should pray that God will destroy our enemies (1 Chronicles 14:10-11). Some have not blasphemed against the Lord like Simon Peter, who we should pray for (Luke 22:31-32). Some are apostates like Judas who hang themselves instead of repenting, whom we should not pray for (Matthew 27:5). Such people should be handed over to Satan to be taught not to be blaspheme, not prayed upon (1 Timothy 1:20).

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Christians are often confused when they are commanded to pray for their enemies (Matthew 5:4). We need to understand that Christ isn't commanding us to pray for the well-being and prosperity of our enemies so that they continue to do evil as much as to pray for their salvation and deliverance from sin. Some sin in many ways and can be delivered from their sin through prayer. However, some blasphemed against the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28-30, Acts 5:3-4), and we should not pray for them as we would be asking God to bless evil. Satan, Judas Iscariot, King Saul, the Pharisees, and others would be examples of blasphemers and apostates who we should not pray for, as we would be asking God to bless evil, which He does not. There are times when, like King David, we can and should pray that God will destroy our enemies (1 Chronicles 14:10-11). Some have not blasphemed against the Lord like Simon Peter, who we should pray for (Luke 22:31-32). Some are apostates like Judas who hang themselves instead of repenting, whom we should not pray for (Matthew 27:5). Such people should be handed over to Satan to be taught not to be blaspheme, not prayed upon (1 Timothy 1:20).
We are actually commanded to love our enemies. If that includes prayer, then do so. Also the verse used can be speaking about sinning "until"(unto) death meaning, do not pray for the dead. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that."

Thank you what you were saying is not what John means. Also to blasphemed against the sweet sweet holy Spirit you must know what your doing or its as Christ said if you were blind there would be no sin. You say you see your sin remains. Christians make fun of the holy Spirit yet they are not blaspheming the holy Spirit.

I could have just said what was written before? "If you see a bother or sister". Not talking about the world. Lets remember those signs and wonders you know people being healed set free were sinners.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The passage quoted, in my opinion is referring to physical death, the death of the body.

1Jn 5:16-17 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

While a believer lives, even after committing a sin, we are to pray for them to be restored.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

This is because the cross covers all sins a person can commit while alive.

Eze_33:11 Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord GOD, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

There is no one sin that is unforgivable for the Christain. As the Bible says:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The unpardonable sin, that the Pharisees were committing was a sin of the heart. Regardless of all of Jesus's miracles, they still called Him a devil. They refused to repent. Judas was of the same sort, despite being with Jesus he remained a thief.

The only way a Christian can commit the unpardonable sin is to walk away from the cross, never to return, and die in their sin. Any other believer wanting repentance can have it.

As James says:

Jas 5:19-20 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Upvote 0