• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush administration shell-shuffles ports deal to Halliburton

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by quantumspirit, Mar 10, 2006.

1. k

k reset

+770
    Messianic
    Single
    US-Green
    LOL--okay, yeah, that's what Helliburton is doing there.:thumbsup:

:doh: This is NOT comparable to Iran for too many reasons to list here...but the most obvious is the US has NO interest in diplomacy w/ Iran....why do you think we have put permanent bases all around that nation?

Nothing

2. LogicChristian

LogicChristian Well-Known Member

+92
    Protestant
    US-Others
    If they're not selling weapons or classified data to the Iranian military or government, I don't see a huge problem. And yes, that's what they're doing over there.

China could say the same thing given US basing in East Asia. The US has the same interest in diplomacy with Iran as we it does with China, money. If the US had no interest in diplomacy, how come that's what is being carried out as opposed to bombing?
    Than why did you trash folks with BAs?

3. k

k reset

+770
    Messianic
    Single
    US-Green
    This is the type of stuff that I find so frustrating...pretending that Halliburton is on some diplomatic mission in Iran!!!

Ignorance is best revealed when people try to argue on an issue when it is obvious they have not done the proper work. Halliburton has ALREADY ADMITTED that for them to do the work it is AGAINST THE BUSH DOCTRINE in the WoT....but guess what....since it claims to have no US workers and get its paychecks through a laundry bank in the Cayman Islands then it's okay.

The US has to give the image of trying diplomacy.:doh: I'll bet the family jewels the US will use military action against Iran.

LOL--I didn't......

4. LogicChristian

+92
    Protestant
    US-Others
    I'm not pretending anything of the sort, and I never said so. I said they're doing business with Iran. Have fun bashing your strawman.
    I'm not a huge war on terror fan, and it makes sense that a multinational corporation would want to counter a war against internationalism.

I'm not betting against it. But you're obviously wrong when you say the US has no interest in diplomacy when that's exactly what we're using currently.

ROFL, sorry about that, I asked for the wrong flavor of alphabet soup.

5. Borealis

Borealis Catholic Homeschool Dad

+563
    Catholic
    CA-Conservatives
    We really need a rolling on the floor busting a gut laughing smilie. Three days ago I read a transcript of part of Rush Limbaugh's show in which he predicted that if the deal fell through and Halliburton got the contract instead, the left would immediately go into conspiracy-mode and start darkly hinting that this was the plan all along.

I am so laughing at you people. Rush is right; liberals really are the most predictable group on the planet. No wonder the Democrats keep trying to shut him down.

6. LogicChristian

+92
    Protestant
    US-Others
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Americans and Congress gripe so much about a single port deal (yet strangely not all the ones that happened before that were a matter of public record) with a foreign company, and now that it's being bought domestically, they gripe about the company buying it.

Maybe some folks just enjoy never being happy.

7. UberLutheran

UberLutheran Well-Known Member

+1,589
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Surprise, surprise.

An Administration already becoming legendary for its unabashed corruption gives itself another favor.

Who benefits? Leninist neo-conservatives, who else?

8. Borealis

+563
    Catholic
    CA-Conservatives
    It's not the first time he's predicted the liberal response a few days before it happens. In fact, he's been pretty consistent over the past year and a half in nailing the liberal reactions to everything.
    Indeed. Thank God I'm not a liberal. It must be hell going through life that constantly miserable.

9. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,177
    Lutheran
    Private
    Thank God I'm not a liberal

It takes so kind of special (ed) idiot to say such stupid and hurtful things about others. Statements like this make me embarrassed to be associated with Christians.

10. Borealis

+563
    Catholic
    CA-Conservatives
    Truth hurts, sometimes. I suggest you spend a couple of days with an open mind reading some of the stuff posted here and in other parts of the forum by liberals and tell me what it looks like to you.

11. nvxplorer

nvxplorer Senior Contributor

+435
    Atheist
    US-Others
    I could say, “Thank God I’m not a Canadian,” but I’ll go with, “God bless America” instead.

12. variant

variant Happy Cat

+2,569
    Agnostic
    Single
    I'm really glad that the administration has in the interests of national security, given yet another favor to the company that seems to be the soul reason we have a government.

Meanwhile the criminally negligent way our ports are run continues, leaving us wide open for attack.

I’d say it's a win-win for the American people.

13. ProgressiveDemocrat

ProgressiveDemocrat Member

+9
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Democrat
    DICK Cheney, is that you?

14. Borealis

+563
    Catholic
    CA-Conservatives
    Do I look like Dick Cheney? If so, I recommend you go visit a good optometrist.

15. PastorMikeJ

PastorMikeJ combat veteran

+226
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Hey everyone dick cheney the man that moves the top bushite's lips when he speaks is here on this thread!!!!!

16. quantumspirit

quantumspirit evangelical humanist

+77
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think it was their plan all along, to give it to Halliburton. The suggestion of Dubai was just another set of political theatrics, like the nomination of Harriet Myers, first rile the conservatives, then lure them back. So how did Rush know this beforehand? Why was he told and not the rest of us? I think Rush is part of the conspiracy as well. Thanks for informing us of Rush!:thumbsup:

17. LogicChristian

+92
    Protestant
    US-Others
    Classic... If you don't like the original decision, and don't like what was done to alleviate that, it must all be a big fat conspiracy!:thumbsup:

18. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,177
    Lutheran
    Private
    I thought it was some type of conspiracy from the beginning....still do. I agree with quantumspirit.

19. PastorMikeJ

PastorMikeJ combat veteran

+226
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    well if ya can't give them to your Arab buddies might just as well give them to the guy that feeds ya!!!

20. LogicChristian

+92
    Protestant
    US-Others
    Was it a conspiracy when we sold this nation some of our best warplanes and noone noticed? Was it a conspiracy when the Chinese obtained some port facilities?