✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
LogicChristian said:
Can't you see the benefits of doing business with a possible enemy instead of merely threatening and bombing them?

LOL--okay, yeah, that's what Helliburton is doing there.:thumbsup:

A big part of China's reconstruction after the Cultural Revolution came about not just because of the politburo reformers, but because the United States and China were willing to table long standing diplomatic issues in order to business. While both nations still have disputes with one another, tensions since the US opened up to the CCP and vice versa are much lower than in the 1950s and 60s.

:doh: This is NOT comparable to Iran for too many reasons to list here...but the most obvious is the US has NO interest in diplomacy w/ Iran....why do you think we have put permanent bases all around that nation?

What's wrong with a BA?

Nothing

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
LOL--okay, yeah, that's what Helliburton is doing there.:thumbsup:

If they're not selling weapons or classified data to the Iranian military or government, I don't see a huge problem. And yes, that's what they're doing over there.

Neverstop said:
:doh: This is NOT comparable to Iran for too many reasons to list here...but the most obvious is the US has NO interest in diplomacy w/ Iran....why do you think we have put permanent bases all around that nation?

China could say the same thing given US basing in East Asia. The US has the same interest in diplomacy with Iran as we it does with China, money. If the US had no interest in diplomacy, how come that's what is being carried out as opposed to bombing?
Neverstop said:

Than why did you trash folks with BAs?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
LogicChristian said:
If they're not selling weapons or classified data to the Iranian military or government, I don't see a huge problem. And yes, that's what they're doing over there.

This is the type of stuff that I find so frustrating...pretending that Halliburton is on some diplomatic mission in Iran!!!

Ignorance is best revealed when people try to argue on an issue when it is obvious they have not done the proper work. Halliburton has ALREADY ADMITTED that for them to do the work it is AGAINST THE BUSH DOCTRINE in the WoT....but guess what....since it claims to have no US workers and get its paychecks through a laundry bank in the Cayman Islands then it's okay.

China could say the same thing given US basing in East Asia. The US has the same interest in diplomacy with Iran as we it does with China, money. If the US had no interest in diplomacy, how come that's what is being carried out as opposed to bombing?

The US has to give the image of trying diplomacy.:doh: I'll bet the family jewels the US will use military action against Iran.

Than why did you trash folks with BAs?

LOL--I didn't......

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
This is the type of stuff that I find so frustrating...pretending that Halliburton is on some diplomatic mission in Iran!!!

I'm not pretending anything of the sort, and I never said so. I said they're doing business with Iran. Have fun bashing your strawman.
Neverstop said:
Ignorance is best revealed when people try to argue on an issue when it is obvious they have not done the proper work. Halliburton has ALREADY ADMITTED that for them to do the work it is AGAINST THE BUSH DOCTRINE in the WoT....but guess what....since it claims to have no US workers and get its paychecks through a laundry bank in the Cayman Islands then it's okay.
I'm not a huge war on terror fan, and it makes sense that a multinational corporation would want to counter a war against internationalism.

Neverstop said:
The US has to give the image of trying diplomacy.:doh: I'll bet the family jewels the US will use military action against Iran.

I'm not betting against it. But you're obviously wrong when you say the US has no interest in diplomacy when that's exactly what we're using currently.

Neverstop said:
LOL--I didn't......

ROFL, sorry about that, I asked for the wrong flavor of alphabet soup.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We really need a rolling on the floor busting a gut laughing smilie. Three days ago I read a transcript of part of Rush Limbaugh's show in which he predicted that if the deal fell through and Halliburton got the contract instead, the left would immediately go into conspiracy-mode and start darkly hinting that this was the plan all along.

I am so laughing at you people. Rush is right; liberals really are the most predictable group on the planet. No wonder the Democrats keep trying to shut him down.

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Borealis said:
We really need a rolling on the floor busting a gut laughing smilie. Three days ago I read a transcript of part of Rush Limbaugh's show in which he predicted that if the deal fell through and Halliburton got the contract instead, the left would immediately go into conspiracy-mode and start darkly hinting that this was the plan all along.

I am so laughing at you people. Rush is right; liberals really are the most predictable group on the planet. No wonder the Democrats keep trying to shut him down.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Americans and Congress gripe so much about a single port deal (yet strangely not all the ones that happened before that were a matter of public record) with a foreign company, and now that it's being bought domestically, they gripe about the company buying it.

Maybe some folks just enjoy never being happy.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LogicChristian said:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
It's not the first time he's predicted the liberal response a few days before it happens. In fact, he's been pretty consistent over the past year and a half in nailing the liberal reactions to everything.
Americans and Congress gripe so much about a single port deal (yet strangely not all the ones that happened before that were a matter of public record) with a foreign company, and now that it's being bought domestically, they gripe about the company buying it.

Maybe some folks just enjoy never being happy.
Indeed. Thank God I'm not a liberal. It must be hell going through life that constantly miserable.

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
JustOneWay said:
Thank God I'm not a liberal

It takes so kind of special (ed) idiot to say such stupid and hurtful things about others. Statements like this make me embarrassed to be associated with Christians.
Truth hurts, sometimes. I suggest you spend a couple of days with an open mind reading some of the stuff posted here and in other parts of the forum by liberals and tell me what it looks like to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm really glad that the administration has in the interests of national security, given yet another favor to the company that seems to be the soul reason we have a government.

Meanwhile the criminally negligent way our ports are run continues, leaving us wide open for attack.

I’d say it's a win-win for the American people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quantumspirit

evangelical humanist
Jul 21, 2004
Minnesota
✟1,798.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Borealis said:
I think it was their plan all along, to give it to Halliburton. The suggestion of Dubai was just another set of political theatrics, like the nomination of Harriet Myers, first rile the conservatives, then lure them back. So how did Rush know this beforehand? Why was he told and not the rest of us? I think Rush is part of the conspiracy as well. Thanks for informing us of Rush!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
quantumspirit said:
I think it was their plan all along, to give it to Halliburton. The suggestion of Dubai was just another set of political theatrics, like the nomination of Harriet Myers, first rile the conservatives, then lure them back. So how did Rush know this beforehand? Why was he told and not the rest of us? I think Rush is part of the conspiracy as well. Thanks for informing us of Rush!:thumbsup:

Classic... If you don't like the original decision, and don't like what was done to alleviate that, it must all be a big fat conspiracy!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
LogicChristian said:
Classic... If you don't like the original decision, and don't like what was done to alleviate that, it must all be a big fat conspiracy!:thumbsup:
I thought it was some type of conspiracy from the beginning....still do. I agree with quantumspirit.

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
JustOneWay said:
I thought it was some type of conspiracy from the beginning....still do. I agree with quantumspirit.

Was it a conspiracy when we sold this nation some of our best warplanes and noone noticed? Was it a conspiracy when the Chinese obtained some port facilities?

Upvote 0