✟1,798.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060310/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_ap_poll

Republican Party leaders said the survey explains why GOP lawmakers are rushing to distance themselves from Bush on a range of issues — port security, immigration, spending, warrantless eavesdropping and trade, for example.

Yes, trying to distance themselves, but get sucked right back in by approving the deal to Halliburton instead of Dubai.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
The administration's not as crazy as I thought -- when Congress (and the rest of the world) shouts "Anyone but Dubai!" The deal gets passed along to the admin's buddies at Haliburton.

How much do you want to bet that THIS was the plan the whole time?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nathan Poe said:
The administration's not as crazy as I thought -- when Congress (and the rest of the world) shouts "Anyone but Dubai!" The deal gets passed along to the admin's buddies at Haliburton.

How much do you want to bet that THIS was the plan the whole time?

Naw, the plan was to keep the money in the family, so whether it's Helliburton or Dubai...it's irrelevent. Isn't it funny how the Bush Doctrine says NO countries can do business w/ terrorist supporting nations yet Helliburton can have contracts in Iran RIGHT NOW?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I bet 6 years ago 9 out of 10 of us never heard of Halliburton. Why is it now that they seem like the only company capable of doing anything (at least according to Bushites)?

I have no problem with Halliburton per se. I have no problem with them winning government contracts. I do have a problem with the number of no-bid contracts that they get. Especially concidering their history of "accounting errors" that cost taxpayers millions.

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
NP.. that was my first thought when I heard the reports as well.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the whole Dubai thing wasn't simply a cover to open things up for Halliburton. They had to have known it was never going to pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kermit said:
I bet 6 years ago 9 out of 10 of us never heard of Halliburton. Why is it now that they seem like the only company capable of doing anything (at least according to Bushites)?

[Whispers]Because Chenney used to be the CEO[/Whispers]

I have no problem with Halliburton per se. I have no problem with them winning government contracts. I do have a problem with the number of no-bid contracts that they get. Especially concidering their history of "accounting errors" that cost taxpayers millions.

Are these errors not corrected?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fillerbunny said:
NP.. that was my first thought when I heard the reports as well.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the whole Dubai thing wasn't simply a cover to open things up for Halliburton. They had to have known it was never going to pass.

How many port terminals does Halliburton actually run now?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
There are 9 billion reasons to prove why they are not.

(hint: $9 billion is missing in Iraq alone)

Hint: How do you know?

Why is Halliburton CURRENTLY doing work in IRAN?

Is there some reason they shouldn't?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MethodMan said:
Hint: How do you know?

"An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds."
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

(I'm guessing the first attempt to ignore this evidence is to say, "well, that was the admin until june 04' so it doesn't apply today)

Is there some reason they shouldn't?

LOL--only a BA could be this audacious!!! What did Bush say about countries supporting terrorists sponsoring nations?

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
"An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds."
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/30/iraq.audit/

(I'm guessing the first attempt to ignore this evidence is to say, "well, that was the admin until june 04' so it doesn't apply today)

GUESS AWAY

LOL--only a BA could be this audacious!!! What did Bush say about countries supporting terrorists sponsoring nations?

What does that have to do with Halliburton?

Upvote 0

LogicChristian

Aug 28, 2005
Saint Louis
✟19,002.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
Can't you see the benefits of doing business with a possible enemy instead of merely threatening and bombing them?

A big part of China's reconstruction after the Cultural Revolution came about not just because of the politburo reformers, but because the United States and China were willing to table long standing diplomatic issues in order to business. While both nations still have disputes with one another, tensions since the US opened up to the CCP and vice versa are much lower than in the 1950s and 60s.

What's wrong with a BA?

Upvote 0