Bus Drivers Punished for Praying at Work After Child's Death:

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, guess what? I work in a job where I also use communication equipment. And my employer makes it clear that if we use it to chat needlessly and about personal matters rather than restricting it to our jobs, we get reprimanded or fired.

You have this bizarre impression that Christians should be exempt from normal rules governing workplace conduct, which is just plain silly.

The bus company employed the woman who lost her daughter. It was about their job and not personal. She was known by her employer and the employer should have felt some compassion.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are expecting special treatment, because you are complaining that Christians aren't being permitted to violate their employer's resource use policy with impunity.

Where did the "block" take place? What you are describing has nothing to do with what wandering bloom said.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
People who work for public schools, just as the students who attend those schools that are supported by an eclectic array of tax payer funds, are not required by law to leave their faith at home when they go to work there.

The idiocy that fires bus drivers and therein puts transport of the students in that companies charge at risk is blatant.

I'd hope the district that retains this company would reconsider renewal of the contract come time. Because not only the religious bigotry that made headlines, but because the bus company canned enough drivers so as to put routes at risk due to that bigotry.

The ACLU is silent of course. Hopefully there will arrive a Christian rights advocacy group who will fight for these bus drivers compensation.

There is a movement about that is hoping to outlaw the Christian faith in America. Because it is the most populace faith in America.

The only way that happens is for Christians to do nothing.

Yep. A pastor told our congregation that many years ago. But Christians are the most naïve and sometimes cowardly people on earth. Jesus was right when He compared us to sheep. The difference is, sheep are animals and dumb. Christians are human and have minds, but we act like sheep.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And my question to you is: Why are you defending the school? You are a Christian. That means you are to be empathetic. A woman lost her child and her bosses punished other employees for praying for her over a radio system. Did the astronauts get punished for reading Scripture over their communication systems? There is something seriously wrong with businesses who have no feelings for employees who experience loss or for the appropriate loyalty to her from other employees.

Oh we all love the movies where someone steps up and shows some courage but when it happens in real life, it's not allowed. Total hypocrisy and cowardice. I understand that part of your affliction is due to the fact that you are a male but sometimes men need to leave their analytical brains at the door. There is something seriously wrong with Christianity in this country. Choose ye this day, whom you will serve: God or government. It's time to switch because government is milking human kindness out of Christians.
Nobody is defending the school. You're being reminded that - Christian or not - we are all under the law of the land. If you take a state/city job then you abide by the rules of that job and there is nothing "courageous" about breaking rules that you agreed to when you signed up for your job. As a government employee myself, I am well aware of and receive frequent reminders that anything I utilize at work is STATE PROPERTY. If i misuse it, I can be fired. If these guys don't want to abide by the rules (i.e. serve the government that pays their wage), they can always resign and let someone else who does want to abide by the rules have their jobs.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What we do know is they did violate company rules by using the radio for something outside of school business and not because they were praying. Also there seems to be some dispute as far as how long this has been going some article say 5 days others several weeks either way they should have starting planning this for outside of work.
Yes. Spoken prayer is for outside the workplace. I can pray silently all day long, in my mind, and memorize Bible verses and do as I please. Nobody can control what goes on in my mind. However, if I wish to get together with a group and pray, I should do that outside of my employers' business and outside of the time that I am paid to work.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bus company employed the woman who lost her daughter. It was about their job and not personal. She was known by her employer and the employer should have felt some compassion.
How do you know that her employers didn't feel compassion? Surely they did but why didn't the drivers pray before their runs started? What was the purpose of starting their runs and then stopping and praying over the radio instead of gathering together? Maybe the woman was listening in on her radio but they could have gone to their employer and asked permission if that was the case.

I think that it is great that they took the time to pray for the woman and her family but there were better ways to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep. A pastor told our congregation that many years ago. But Christians are the most naïve and sometimes cowardly people on earth. Jesus was right when He compared us to sheep. The difference is, sheep are animals and dumb. Christians are human and have minds, but we act like sheep.
I am glad that Jesus compared us to sheep because the meek will inherit. Sheep are in need of guidance and need the Good Shepherd to guide us to what we could never find on our own.

God Bless
YD

Upvote 0
K

kellhus

persecution.jpg

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Many people think Christians were called sheep because sheep are not intelligent. They don't act independently. And they possess a herd mentality therefore they're incapable of free thought and must have a shepherd or else they'll perish of their own inadequacies.

In truth sheep were invaluable to the shepherd. They were everything that made his family to survive. This is why Jesus was the lamb of God.

Don't ever let anyone make you feel inadequate when they mock Christians as being sheep.
They're just demonstrating their own lack of knowledge about the worth of sheep and the symbolism God employed to honor those who loved him. And whom he loved enough to give his life for.
(The Shepherd shall lay down his life for his sheep.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The rules do not state that Christian seekers are not orthodox Christians. Congratulations, you've just made yourself look silly. But since it bothers you so terribly, I will change my silly little icon just to make you feel better.

What looks silly is when someone demonstrates lack of knowledge as to what Orthodox Christian means.

Christians who are Orthodox aren't seeking to find their way in Christianity.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many people think Christians were called sheep because sheep are not intelligent.
Who thinks that?
They don't act independently.
Jesus did call his disciples to be one as he and his Father are One. He did not call us to act independently. He called us to act as he taught.
And they possess a herd mentality therefore they're incapable of free thought and must have a shepherd or else they'll perish of their own inadequacies.
We will. Without the Good Shepherd, we have no way to find ourselves to the kingdom.
In truth sheep were invaluable to the shepherd.
Hmmm.
They were everything that made his family to survive. This is why Jesus was the lamb of God.
So you don't know why Jesus was called the Lamb of God?
Isaiah 53:
3 He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; AS A LAMB THAT IS LED TO THE SLAUGHTER, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, SO HE OPENED NOT HIS MOUTH.

As a lamb is meek and humble and follows his master's guidance, Jesus was obedient to his Father. As the unblemished lamb was sacrificed during the Passover, Jesus the unblemished lamb was led to the cross during the Passover.
Don't ever let anyone make you feel inadequate when they mock Christians as being sheep.
I am inadequate but Jesus died for me anyway.
They're just demonstrating their own lack of knowledge about the worth of sheep and the symbolism God employed to honor those who loved him. And whom he loved enough to give his life for.
(The Shepherd shall lay down his life for his sheep.)
Yes, and he asked his followers to be prepared to do the same.

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
With headlines across the world reporting Christians being slaughtered, particularly in Muslim countries at this time, a poster like that is simply fiction and mockery all rolled into one.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance." Article 18, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Where Christian Persecution is Worst - World Watch List - YouTube

What people fail to realize when they mock Christians in America who are being persecuted now by the faithless and those aligned on an agenda campaign to revoke religious liberty in any number of ways, and strip religious symbolism from the secular community using artificial invocation of the separation clause in the USC, is that all those other countries to date that persecute Christians through imprisonment, murder, mass murder, kidnapping, burning churches, burning people in churches, etc... began that campaign initially with verbal abuse and taunts! Intended to install fear and intimidation.
And then those offenses graduated to physical abuse and murder.

When people laugh at Christians who are in America and are being verbally abused and mocked. Who are being consigned to attack by law when their religious liberties are being persecuted and those aligned with those assaults goad the victims by saying they should realize they are no longer entitled to the 'privilege' of their religious freedom and those actions are proof of that, those are the people in America who are like the terrorists in the other countries who demonstrate the same thing to the Christians there. Only they've graduated from verbal assault and mockery, to physical assault and murder of the Christians.

Anyone, I mean anyone, who tells someone who is being verbally assaulted that they should realize they earned the abuse because they're no longer a privileged class and that's what the abuse is showing them, demonstrates the intellect that exists in those other countries where Christians are being slaughtered and disappeared. Sometimes entire congregations go missing, never to be seen again.
And all that is happening because a terrorist bunch want to send the message that Christians aren't a 'privileged class'. The mistake there is, living as a Christian, meaning breathing while being a Christian, shouldn't be construed as a privilege.

But all that terrorism in other countries that is being exacted against Christians today started with verbal assaults, and laws being passed to marginalize the rights of those Christians. Now, the bloody slaughter and terrorism that follows is just taking that message that says, we don't want you here, to a whole other level.

In other words, your poster is how it starts!
It isn't whining to remind people that Christians have a right to the freedom of their religion. It isn't a privilege! It's a right!
Persecution isn't a label that arrives because we're not getting our way. Implying we're like unto spoiled children. Persecution is being argued when people marginalize our concerns as we opine about a decided agenda that seeks to legally strip our rights, our icons, our prayers, from expression in the secular realm. Intending to send the message that we're entitled to be free in our religion as long as we're not in public!

The first amendment guarantees....those agenda driven anti-Christian bigots LOSE!

They have to. Otherwise, those who don't learn from the slaughter of Christians abroad are condemned to suffer it right here at home!

Physical assault is always preceded by verbal assault!

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As I have frequently said before, YouTube is not the place that I ever go to seek out information. People can and do and have used YT to post altered videos on numerous occasions, and have used the site to post lies and propoganda. Geez, my 13 year old son posts (gaming) videos on YT. That is how deep it gets.

(Not that my son isn't very clever, handsome and original!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for staff review and clean up.

FYI, Christian Seekers are allowed to post in this forum. IF you have questions about a member or the rules, please pm a staff member.

Upvote 0