Barnsley, UK
✟16,378.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I guess the international press missed the memo from 1989, when that country changed its name to Myanmar. :p

With the Telegraph being rather right wing and Burma having been it's name back when it was a British colony, it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to not use the name Myanmar was a deliberate one.

James

Upvote 0

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
With the Telegraph being rather right wing and Burma having been it's name back when it was a British colony, it wouldn't surprise me if the decision to not use the name Myanmar was a deliberate one.

James
Burma, Myanmar is not important. In each language there are proper names for countries, places. Consider only Germany, how the Germans call their country, how in English, French, Slavic languages. We are already debating about something else here.... and not about an attack to a whole community of our breathen

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

According to Wikipedia (a bastion of journalistic integrity, I know :p ) it has to do with countries not recognizing the military junta ruling the country.

Upvote 0

Petronius

May 10, 2005
✟15,842.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No one remembers or knows history.

You cannot eradicate Christianity. You can only make martyrs.

Prayers for the blessed ones there. :crosseo:

How many Christians were left in Lybia, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco flourishing Christian provinces till the arrival of Arabs?
It was actually reintroduced with the colonization by Christian powers during the 19 and 20 th Century.

Upvote 0
K

KATHXOYMENOC

I guess the international press missed the memo from 1989, when that country changed its name to Myanmar. :p Lord have mercy on the persecuted Christians and save them from their enemies.

James

Burma, Myanmar is not important. In each language there are proper names for countries, places. Consider only Germany, how the Germans call their country, how in English, French, Slavic languages. We are already debating about something else here.... and not about an attack to a whole community of our breathen

Yeah, I haven't seen too many "Myanmar Shave" signs on the highway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orthocat

Veteran
Jun 8, 2006
✟2,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How many Christians were left in Lybia, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco flourishing Christian provinces till the arrival of Arabs?
It was actually reintroduced with the colonization by Christian powers during the 19 and 20 th Century.

Martyrs, but Christianity survived.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.