• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buffett son spends Millions to boost border security

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:18 AM.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+5,782
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Buffett son spends millions to boost border security in rural Arizona, report says
    While his interest in border security may seem odd, a closer look at the 64-year-old billionaire and philanthropist reveals he’s no stranger to the issue. (Buffett owns a ranch in Cochise County, Arizona, that sits just 300 yards from the U.S.-Mexico border.)

In addition, a report by The Phoenix New Times indicated a close relationship between Buffett and law enforcement, with the former reportedly gifting $30 million to date to the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office and similar groups

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Yekcidmij

Yekcidmij Polymath

+691
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
  3. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+5,782
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's good to see some stepping up. Of course he owns a ranch right on the border, so he understands the dire situation.
    M-Bob

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees fan Supporter

+2,879
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Refreshing to finally see someone with some good old-fashioned common sense:).

5. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+2,442
    Baptist
    Married
    Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, most of our common sense has been sucked into the liberal media black hole.

6. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+4,540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I think we can end the shutdown if Trump allows border security to create the security zone they think is most appropriate for each area with the money he seeks. Mountains, plains, brush, and rivers are not all best served by a steel fence or wall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+780
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Yet another example of funding a comprehensive border control plan. From your article:
    "According to the report, much of that money has been used to jump-start an investigative unit into human and drug smuggling, renovate one jail, build law enforcement training facilities, including a shooting range, arm officers, purchase surveillance equipment and even provide the sheriff’s office with at least three helicopters."

Also:
    "He believes that the best solution is a combination of properly equipped law enforcement, some barriers in places and cooperation with Mexico and other countries."

Buffett son spends millions to boost border security in rural Arizona, report says

So, Howard Buffett, like many Democrats, believes in a multi-pronged approach to border security, not blind allegiance to Trump and his calls for a "wall."

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+2,442
    Baptist
    Married
    But, unlike most Democrats he's 'willing' to do something.

9. EpiscipalMe

+780
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Huh?

Remember the other argument that Dems were “for a wall before they were against it” referencing the 2006 and 2013 bills? Well, they didn’t vote in favor of a “wall” but if a comprehensive border security plan that includes physical barriers. And, as it turns out, the 2013 legislation was opposed by Republicans.

So, Democrats are not unwilling to do something, they are unwilling to do something stupid and ineffective.

10. inquiring mind

+2,442
    Baptist
    Married
    You've got more confidence in them than I do... and that includes the Republicans.

11. EpiscipalMe

+780
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Yeah - I’ll give you that. I probably am overly optimistic.

12. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,280
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree. This is his common sense, which I agree with.....

He believes that the best solution is a combination of properly equipped law enforcement, some barriers in places and cooperation with Mexico and other countries.

13. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,280
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Buffet agrees.