• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bud Bug Bites I need to break my lease!

JT912

Jun 11, 2008
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry this post doesn't fit but I need help. Just moved in to an apt april first, got bit about 25 times after they sprayed twice, Colorado law doesn't have livibility rights. Also I researched and found that spraying doesn't work its just a bandaid to the problem. I told management all this and they said work with us let us treat your apt. Also I researched the company they use only to find out that they have a poor reputation. Is that it? Do I gotta live with bedbugs? Anyone know of any lawyers in the denver area?

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had to deal with a bed bug issue when I moved into my apartment. The previous tenant had bed bugs and before I moved in they sprayed 3 times, not the 4 times needed to exterminate them. They came back and lived for about a year with them spraying and my stuff moved away from the wall and my clothes in garbage bags etc.

If they spray, it needs to be 4 times one week apart each spray. Another option now is heating your place so it kills them.

You need to make your landlord do the necessary actions to get rid of them. My landlord was cheap and only sprayed 3 times instead of 4 a few times. Finally they sprayed 8 times and that got ride of them.

Living with bed bugs is unbearable. Until you get proper help with exterminating them, use hair spray on places you think they might have layed eggs.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try using 100% pure essential oils, like peppermint, eucalyptus, cypress, neem, tea tree, to name a few. A mixture of these oils work well. You can use a diffuser, or if you're cheap like me, put 10-15 drops of each of the above in a spray bottle using either water, witch hazel or rubbing alcohol, and shake well before spraying around your home. you can also put drops on cotton balls and place them around your home. You can also boil 4-5 cloves of garlic in water before adding your essential oils. I'm told bugs hate garlic. Not so for certain ants, though.

I've made home made bug repellent using the oils mentioned above in witch hazel. Works well, and the flies stay the hell away from me.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you want to get rid of them without an exterminator, use hair spray and plastic. I unfortunately brought them over to my brother's house while my place was getting sprayed and when he got them we wrapped the couch in plastic for a year and sprayed hair spray on his wooden frame on his bed and he had no problems after that.

Upvote 0