United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a lie that he "lies constantly."
Can I assume that you would defend your own child against accusations and evidence of very frequent lying the same way you do Trump?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can I assume that you would defend your own child against accusations and evidence of very frequent lying the same way you do Trump?
The media often falsely accuses Trump of lying. That's not to say that he never lies.

But saying that he "lies constantly" is a lie.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media often falsely accuses Trump of lying. That's not to say that he never lies.

But saying that he "lies constantly" is a lie.
I really don't care what the media 'says', I can read his tweets and I can hear words coming out of his mouth.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I really don't care what the media 'says', I can read his tweets and I can hear words coming out of his mouth.
I listen to him a lot, and I don't agree with the claim that he "lies constantly."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's a lie that he "lies constantly."
True, but when opponents are making stuff up, the idea is to paint the object of one's ire in the worst possible terms. Not the most accurate, for that might fail to outrage the people sufficiently, but the worst possible.

On the other hand, if this is done all the time, the hearers come to recognize that none of it can be trusted. I think we are at that point now.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
True, but when opponents are making stuff up, the idea is to paint the object of one's ire in the worst possible terms. Not the most accurate, for that might fail to outrage the people sufficiently, but the worst possible.

On the other hand, if this is done all the time, the hearers come to recognize that none of it can be trusted. I think we are at that point now.
His enemies are the boy who cried wolf too often.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I listen to him a lot, and I don't agree with the claim that he "lies constantly."
I listen to him as well. I don't think he "lies constantly." I just think he runs his mouth (and his thumbs) constantly without any regard for what is true and what is not. Remember, a lie is an intentional falsehood. Just making stuff up because it sounds good is not necessarily lying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
More often it is a matter of him speaking colloquially, just as all of us do. Then that is taken by his enemies and interpreted as if it were meant strictly literally.
Of course. However, it runs up against the traditional expectation that the Head of State will not speak ex officio in that way.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
His enemies are the boy who cried wolf too often.

Donald Trump's biggest enemy is his own party. I'd estimate about 25% of whom are "Establishment" Republicans who distrust him, if not truly hate his guts. They're scared to death by the chaos of his administration. And by what the midterms portend. Despite 2 Senate seat pickups, the House loss was pretty significant. Not to mention 6 gubernatorial losses. Unless Donald Trump can get his act together, there are a lot of Republicans who would like nothing better than for him to be out the picture in 2020.

As I've posted in the past, if Donald Trump fails, it won't be because of Democrats or the media. It will be the Republican Party. And you know I'm right.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
President Trump has an 89% job approval rating with Republicans.
Why should they not support him? Trump's base supports him because he is carrying through with his promise of the court appointments they need to break the First Amendment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course. However, it runs up against the traditional expectation that the Head of State will not speak ex officio in that way.
That is one concern, but if I agree to that....

what does it have to do with claims that he lies constantly or has lied 7,000 times or any of the rest of those charges we hear all the time? It doesn't have anything to do with them.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Given the rest of your comment and post #55, the part in bold is quite ironic.
Bruce Springsteen is anti-Trump but predicts Trump re-election win in 2020

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stopped listening a lot because he lies constantly. Now, when someone makes up stuff, I call that lying. Maybe you don’t.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0