Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's correct that. They aren't lies at all.
Is Mexico paying for the wall? Has he improved our healthcare system? Did he know about the payments to his lady friends prior to the news coming out about it?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying Trump exposed the bad leadership of the others.
If he were a good leader he would accomplished something instead of nothing. Whining about how he can't do anything because the mean old minority Democrats are more powerful than he is isn't even bad leadership. It's not leadership at all.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That wasn't a lie. Trump fully intended to do it but was blocked by Democrats because the Republicans in Congress couldn't get together on the same page to do it. President Trump gave Republicans the opportunity, and they squandered it away even though they had been promising to repeal it for years before Trump was even a candidate for president. He expected Republicans to do it because they had been saying they would do it if they ever got the opportunity. Trump called their bluff.
Republicans can’t come up with a plan and that’s the fault of the Democrats? That’s some alternative logic if ever I heard it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're beginning to see how the claim that Trump lies thousands of times, etc. is arrived at. ;)
Yes. We evil people that repeat what he says are at fault, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Mexico paying for the wall? Has he improved our healthcare system? Did he know about the payments to his lady friends prior to the news coming out about it?
No, no and yes.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That wasn't a lie. Trump fully intended to do it but was blocked by Democrats because the Republicans in Congress couldn't get together on the same page to do it. President Trump gave Republicans the opportunity, and they squandered it away even though they had been promising to repeal it for years before Trump was even a candidate for president. He expected Republicans to do it because they had been saying they would do it if they ever got the opportunity. Trump called their bluff.
OK, so failure in some cases rather than liar. Weird he's so popular with certain voters given these job performance issues.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Those are just the easy, most obvious ones. He's also lied numerous times in regards to the Stormy Daniels payments.
Also about meetings with the Russians. No big deal, though - he did tell the truth about firing the head of the FBI because of the investigation into them (and related legal issues).

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Since becoming president, has Trump ever developed a plan for this new health care program? Or even an outline of one? If so, has he published it anywhere? If so, can you point be to where it's available?

He had some simplistic talking points as a candidate (for the record, I fully support points 3-5), but that page is now gone and I can't even find a proposal from him since he's become president.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since becoming president, has Trump ever developed a plan for this new health care program? Or even an outline of one? If so, has he published it anywhere? If so, can you point be to where it's available?

He had some simplistic talking points as a candidate (for the record, I fully support points 3-5), but that page is now gone and I can't even find a proposal from him since he's become president.
Trump expected Republicans to have one ready since they had been talking about it for so long. But when Trump gave them the opportunity they failed to produce. So that wasn't Trump's fault. However, Republicans got their act together later on other issues such as with confirming Bret Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS. That was a promise Trump made that was kept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's no way Trump will win re-election. He's too old now and he's going to have his ego so bruised after 4 years that he won't have the guts to try it again. Meanwhile the GOP will have gotten a chance to x-ray the base and figure out how deeply held some rather unseemly attitudes really are within their voter base. This will give them a clearer path to get the stuff they want but they'll put someone up who is capable of actually implementing some of the less savory platforms.

This is why Ryan and some of the other young GOP guns are jumping ship (IMO). Ryan will be back in a few years once the Trump debacle has kind of faded. In the interim the GOP will take the findings from the Trump experiment and put someone in who can actually work the system.
As for being too old as far as I know there is no max age for president.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,471.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Bruce Springsteen is anti-Trump but predicts Trump re-election with current challengers.

See the following article:

"The Democratic Party would do well to heed the advice of The Boss.

"In two different interviews, rocker Bruce Springsteen highlighted a big challenge for Democrats looking to unseat Donald Trump in 2020: a lack of connection to a broad swath of the American electorate. The man who once opened for John Kerry on the 2004 presidential campaign trail predicted the president would win re-election in two years — at least based on the current field of challengers." More
Who could forget the well known pollster, Bruce Springsteen?

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As for being too old as far as I know there is no max age for president.

You are correct. But as we saw with Ronny Raygun who may have been starting to suffer early stages of Alzheimers while in office we probably dodged a bullet on that one.

I am not being "ageist" (considering I'm entering in my last decade of useful employability) but I also know that there is an upper limit after which point the person in charge is probably not fully suited to the task. Whether it's due to the normal ravages of age or an inherent failure to understand the operations of a modern changing world.

I have trouble with "soft keys" and "nested menus" meaning I can very easily lose my cool doing simple tasks on my phone and it only gets worse as I get older. Millennials confound me because it seems that they don't operate using common organizational schemes like "alphebetization" or even rational data arrangements...they can live with algorithmically ranked output to start their research. I can't understand that point of view. Imagine I am in charge of technology and data for the future.

What I'm saying is yes, age brings wisdom, but wisdom isn't always the ONLY thing one needs to do a complex and extremely taxing job like being President of the USA.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct. But as we saw with Ronny Raygun who may have been starting to suffer early stages of Alzheimers while in office we probably dodged a bullet on that one.

I am not being "ageist" (considering I'm entering in my last decade of useful employability) but I also know that there is an upper limit after which point the person in charge is probably not fully suited to the task. Whether it's due to the normal ravages of age or an inherent failure to understand the operations of a modern changing world.

I have trouble with "soft keys" and "nested menus" meaning I can very easily lose my cool doing simple tasks on my phone and it only gets worse as I get older. Millennials confound me because it seems that they don't operate using common organizational schemes like "alphebetization" or even rational data arrangements...they can live with algorithmically ranked output to start their research. I can't understand that point of view. Imagine I am in charge of technology and data for the future.

What I'm saying is yes, age brings wisdom, but wisdom isn't always the ONLY thing one needs to do a complex and extremely taxing job like being President of the USA.
One reason I didn’t vote for either major candidate in 2016 was a rule I have about voting for people older than me.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Trump expected Republicans to have one ready since they had been talking about it for so long. But when Trump gave them the opportunity they failed to produce. So that wasn't Trump's fault. However, Republicans got their act together later on other issues such as with confirming Bret Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS. That was a promise Trump made that was kept.

Oh? Where did he say this?

Upvote 0