British Muslims defiant after leaflets call for 'Punish a Muslim Day'

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
British Muslims defiant after leaflets call for 'Punish a Muslim Day'
British Muslims vowed to 'keep calm and carry on' Tuesday after anonymous leaflets mailed to addresses across the country called for April 3 to be a day of violence against Muslims.

Police are investigating after leaflets referring to "Punish a Muslim Day" appeared to target several cities with large Muslim populations, including London and Bradford.

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I read about this, as I live in Britain.

It's strange that it's not had much media attention - imagine the outrage and airtime there would be if Muslims had posted leaflets calling for a 'Punish a Christian Day'

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess the reasoning behind it is that some people think the whole Muslim community deserves to pay for the crimes committed by Muslims around the world. Guilt by association.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I read about this, as I live in Britain.

It's strange that it's not had much media attention - imagine the outrage and airtime there would be if Muslims had posted leaflets calling for a 'Punish a Christian Day'

There was probably a desire not to sensationalize it too much and give the nutters in the white nationalist communities any more bad ideas.

Reactions: LionL
Upvote 0

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There was probably a desire not to sensationalize it too much and give the nutters in the white nationalist communities any more bad ideas.

There's a bit on the BBC about the community reaction to these idiots here: Communities unite to defy 'Punish a Muslim Day'

I think you're right, they're not giving these wastes of DNA the oxygen of publicity. It does seem to follow a bit of a disturbing pattern - when the orange-skinned one with the bad toupe tweeted about the NHS they didn't report it, but they did report on the twitter backlash that he got.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0