loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
British member of Parliament nominates Biden for a Nobel Peace Prize
A member of the British Parliament on Tuesday announced he has nominated Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for the Nobel Peace Prize.

“When others have resorted to violent solutions, [Biden] has argued that the best force is the force of argument,” Chris Bryant, a member of the Labour Party, told the Standard. “Because guns can stop a heart but well-placed words can change many hearts, and many hearts can change a world.”
tulc(thought this was interesting)

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr Biden nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize? Don’t surprice me at all: In 1994, Mr Arafat, leader of PLO and a hard-core terroist, wasn’t just nominated for the prize and in 2001, Mr Annan, the person who personally gave the order resulting in a genocide in Rwanda, wasn’t just nominated for the prize. Just to mention two persons from a substancial list actually receiving the Nobel Peace Prize - not in the spirit of Mr Nobel as a honor for actually done activity in favor of peace, but as a result of the prize commite’s personal wish of influence in a certain process.

I also noticed that “The Hill” states: “A far-right member of the Norwegian Parliament, Christian Tybring-Gjedde, has nominated President Trump for the honor in both 2018 and 2020.” Declaring Mr Tybring-Gjedde as “far right” shows eighter lack of work from the journalist or a planned and purposed misuse of “far right” for an agenda. The “far-right” Mr Tybring-Gjedde belongs to a party wanting to increase and strengthen HELFO (the Norwegian Medicare), but also requiering use of private health care by HELFO when that being most affordable for health care.The party is in favour of continuing the governmental NAV pensions for anything from sickness leave (100 % ordinary payment from day 1) via unemployement (60 % payment without dependent/more with dependents for 104 weeks) to martial leave (80 % payment for 40 weeks for mother + 15 weeks for father), but want a dicussion whether 80 % sickness leave for 1-3 first day would be better. The party wants to improve the Norwegian public schools, but also allowing “free schools” (partly governmental supported privat schools) when the parents want to establish one. Mr Tybring-Gjedde has spoken in favour of Mr Putin when about how to handle theUkraine conflikt (btw contrary the party’s official program) and has proposed that Norway not should join the US coallision for training soldiers in Iraq. Sound’s really like a far-right person - or?

I suppose that the reason for “The Hill”s statement is that Mr Bangstad in the book “Anders Breivik and the rise of Islamophobia” describes Mr Tybring-Gjedde as “extreme right”. And yes, Mr Tybring-Gjedde is in strong favor of less open borders than Norway had until February, an is the author of the book “Mens orkesteret fortsetter å spille” (While the orchestra continue it’s playing, re Titanic). In this book, he describes the consequences of high immigration combined with low integraton and Norwegian welfare system open from day 1. Economic ruin. 8-10 years ago he also required the Norwegian ministre of culture, Ms Tajik (an immigrant herself), for giving a definition of “Norwegian culture”, and to her answer, he declared that she - straight opposite her duty as a ministre for culture - was denying Norwegian culture. (The result was a file charged for hateful speach and racism.After duly investigation the Norwegian Police concludet “no criminal offence”, resulting in an accuse from left-wing Norway (to which Ms Tajik belongs) of doing unfair investigations for protecting the the rich and the right-wing. ). Mr Bangstad belongs to left-wing and is very pro “no borders or limitations when about immigration.

[Also worth mentioning: Mr Breivik -Utøya-massacre 2012 - isn’t right-wing. After a hard day of investigation in the case, an over-tired spokesman for the Norwegian police told the press that the police “seemed to” deal with a right-wing extremist and the journalists (85-90 % left-wing themselve) grasped this as a matter of fact without any further investigation. The newspaper that not did wasn’t Norwegian, it was the German “Frankfurter Allgemeine: Never recognized for being the first with breaking news, as this newspaper dont writhe anything before it’s checked and checked again. FA’s editor got Mr Breivik’s “Manifest” translated to German, then required a team of journalist reading and discuss. THEN the newspaper was prepared for an article: “Nicht Rechts, Nicht Links, nür Böse” (Not Right-Wing, not Left-Wing, Just Angry”).]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Seems like a bit of a long shot. If someone can win a Nobel by just advocating a particular stance towards conflict that's a pretty low bar.

I've been trying to get my head around the current picture in the Middle East and what seems to be some progress there. There are a lot of factors involved, but I do wonder if the fact that Trump has no interest in human rights issues is actually a potential plus. It may be that some of the more authoritarian leaders see themselves in Trump, and are more receptive to dealing with someone who isn't bothered about whatever unpleasant things they get up to in their own countries. It's not clear though what Trump has actually contributed to the process, but it seems likely him being prez has at least something to do with it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'm now qualified to be nominated as well. I've also held a positive balance in my checking account for several years now. Thinking a nomination for the prize in economics would be in order as well. Someone hop on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like a bit of a long shot. If someone can win a Nobel by just advocating a particular stance towards conflict that's a pretty low bar.

A higher bar than Obama had.

Upvote 0