LDS Brigham Young and His Blood Atonement

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You make no sense but you are trying very hard to make sense.

So Jesus Christ as God was not a God when He appeared 2000 years ago? Did He lose that Godhood for 33 years?

It is real simple:

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

And God, [except for the 33 years of being manifested in the flesh] is this:

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

Evidently that mystery of godliness is still foreign to Mormons.

OK, so according to you, God has to be:
1) a spirit
2) invisible
3) because he is invisible, he has not been seen by any man.

So now let's see how Jesus stands up to these qualifications:
1) he is not just spirit, he has also has flesh and bones, unless you want to argue that he appeared to his apostles in a resurrected body of flesh and bones, but later hid his body in a celestial closet and is now just a spirit.
2) he is not invisible
3) he has been seen by thousands of people.

So according to you, not us, but you, Jesus simply cannot be God.

Now, we all know that Jesus is God the Son, the second member of the Godhead, and we put no such qualifications on him, so to us, he is still part of the Godhead, 5000 years ago, as he is today.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, so according to you, God has to be:
1) a spirit
2) invisible
3) because he is invisible, he has not been seen by any man.

So now let's see how Jesus stands up to these qualifications:
1) he is not just spirit, he has also has flesh and bones, unless you want to argue that he appeared to his apostles in a resurrected body of flesh and bones, but later hid his body in a celestial closet and is now just a spirit.
2) he is not invisible
3) he has been seen by thousands of people.

So according to you, not us, but you, Jesus simply cannot be God.

Now, we all know that Jesus is God the Son, the second member of the Godhead, and we put no such qualifications on him, so to us, he is still part of the Godhead, 5000 years ago, as he is today.

I see here in this thread you are arguing the same point, even though in the other thread you somewhat conceded the point.

Christ is still God, manifested in the flesh or not.

Desperation on your part?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If you think the God of Isaiah is Jesus, he's a liar!
God the Father is the God of Jesus:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I see here in this thread you are arguing the same point, even though in the other thread you somewhat conceded the point.

Christ is still God, manifested in the flesh or not.

Desperation on your part?
No, Jesus is God the Son. Jesus alone does not make up God, according to Trinity doctrine.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, Jesus is God the Son. Jesus alone does not make up God, according to Trinity doctrine.
What are you talking about here?

Jesus alone does not make up God, according to Trinity doctrine.---Peter1000

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

According to the Trinity Doctrine, God is made up of 3 distinct Persons, not just 1 Person by the name of Jesus. Right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the Trinity Doctrine, God is made up of 3 distinct Persons, not just 1 Person by the name of Jesus. Right?

3 district personages [among other descriptions]------not persons like you and I

How could the invisible Holy Spirit be a "person"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
3 district personages [among other descriptions]------not persons like you and I

That is confusing. Did you know that a personage is a person of rank?

per·son·age | \ ˈpərs-nij , ˈpər-sə-nij \
Definition of personage

1: a person of rank, note, or distinctionespecially : one distinguished for presence and personal power
2: a human individual : PERSON
3: a dramatic, fictional, or historical characteralso : IMPERSONATION

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are the one who should think otherwise. Jesus is only 1 of the 3 Persons who make up God. So to say this 1 member is God is eliminating the other 2 members.

No, you have many gods.We believe in the God of the Bibke whom you reject. The Holy Spirit removed ne from your religion.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is confusing. Did you know that a personage is a person of rank?

per·son·age | \ ˈpərs-nij , ˈpər-sə-nij \
Definition of personage

1: a person of rank, note, or distinctionespecially : one distinguished for presence and personal power
2: a human individual : PERSON
3: a dramatic, fictional, or historical characteralso : IMPERSONATION

Joseph Smith believed there were three of them and your church still teaches that.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

dzheremi has explained our beliefs sufficiently yet you continue to beat a dead horse. It's your loss.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

These conversation are endless and meaningless. They refuse to accept the truth.

Upvote 0

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These conversation are endless and meaningless. They refuse to accept the truth.

Yeah, keeps telling us we need to obey Gods commands, yet continues listening and quoting words from Book of Mormon he that was clearly shown came from an EVIL ANGEL who told Joseph Smith to disobey Gods Word.

Soaking up words from Gods ARCH enemy....and tells US to obey Gods commands to be saved?

Listening to an evil spirit that inspired Joseph Smith to write Book of Mormon is the absolute height of breaking His commands. NO one who knows God would ever defile themselves with such grievous sin, knowing the book they read came directly from Gods arch enemy.... I cannot even fathom how someone could be that unfaithful.....And then TELL OTHERS they need to keep his commands to be saved. Makes me shudder.

God has opened my eyes to whats behind Mormonism. Doctrines of demons. Know your labor in showing Christians and others about Mormonism is not in vain PhoebeAnn.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, let me ask you a question then:

What form do you think Jesus Christ was in when he was God of the OT?

We in our church do not use the word "incarnation". I only use it because it is a Christian word for how Christ came to be a mortal being, so if you do not like it, neither do we, so no, we are not doing anything with the Latin version for our purposes.

To us, Jesus's immortal spirit, (which has existed forever, and which form he was in during the OT times), was placed in his mortal body and he became a living soul. He was born an infant, grew to manhood, taught us his gospel, went to the cross and died that we might have eternal life, was resurrected into a new resurrected body of flesh and bone and spirit and with that body sits on the right hand of God awaiting his second coming.

But if you believe that God is a spirit, and spirit is invisible, and so God has never been seen by men, then you cannot believe that Jesus is God.----Peter1000

I am not claiming anything except this:
So the reverse would be you claiming Jesus was not God in the OT when He was just a Spirit? He gained a body btw when He was born of a Mary.
He has to get a body to be God OR in Mormon vernacular ---a God? Your heavenly Father cannot be God without a body?

You probably better talk to you bishop over this train-wreck. Likely he will just tell you to pray to your god and accept it all. I certainly do not accept it.

No wonder you are very confused.

But then, JS told you so in his wild imaginations.

And, to be a good Mormon you have to agree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

OK, have it your way, the Trinity doctrine says that God is made of 3 distinct Personages, not 1 Personage named Jesus?.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0