Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has already perfected me and I am saved and nobody can take me out of the hand of Jesus. I am already perfected, so I need not read such foolishness from the bible or any other good books.----Peter1000

Why have you not been translated Yet?? Any minute now?
That was a facetious statement about the beliefs of Jamesone5. You got to give me more credit than this?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

We have no problem with Jesus proclaiming himself God, being more correct to say a God.
This is why I say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

If Jesus and God are one physically, as you think John 10:30 insists, then:
1) they must be together when they came out of Mary's womb.
2) they must be together as Jesus prayed and said my Father who art in heaven. No, he was not in heaven, he was in the body of Jesus.
3) they must be together on the cross, both died.
4) they must be resurrected into one glorious new body.

The other thing interesting about John 10:30 is that Jesus argues with them about they being gods, so why give me trouble about calling myself the Son of God.

Notice he did not call himself God, he called himself the Son of God.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was a facetious statement about the beliefs of Jamesone5. You got to give me more credit than this?

You still using that false justification for you very clear mistake?

Give you a clue---when you use the word "me" and "I" it is all about YOU.
I am hardly your "me" or "I".

Jesus has already perfected me and I am saved and nobody can take me out of the hand of Jesus. I am already perfected, so I need not read such foolishness from the bible or any other good books.----Peter1000

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You still using that false justification for you very clear mistake?

Give you a clue---when you use the word "me" and "I" it is all about YOU.
I am hardly your "me" or "I".

It is a facetious statement about you. Do you not believe this?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a facetious statement about you. Do you not believe this?
How does "I" or "me" equate to you?

You can make all the facetious statements you want, but I can read.
Why can't you?

I think you want me to accept this cut-down but I just consider the source.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have no problem with Jesus proclaiming himself God, being more correct to say a God.
This is why I say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

If Jesus and God are one physically, as you think John 10:30 insists, then:
1) they must be together when they came out of Mary's womb.
2) they must be together as Jesus prayed and said my Father who art in heaven. No, he was not in heaven, he was in the body of Jesus.
3) they must be together on the cross, both died.
4) they must be resurrected into one glorious new body.

The other thing interesting about John 10:30 is that Jesus argues with them about they being gods, so why give me trouble about calling myself the Son of God.

Notice he did not call himself God, he called himself the Son of God.

A very clear question would be: why would they have to be together on the Cross or they must be resurrected and born together---if they are ONE GOD?

And where does this verse say "A" God as Christ as the Word?

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You are just arguing against yourself and your take on it all.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
A very clear question would be: why would they have to be together on the Cross or they must be resurrected and born together---if they are ONE GOD?

And where does this verse say "A" God as Christ as the Word?

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You are just arguing against yourself and your take on it all.
Think just for a second. If God the Father and Jesus are one God, then that one God was cricified. And that one God was resurrected. That has to make sense to you.

They are both included in that one God. That one God was born, cricified, resurrected. Both of them had to go through the exerience together.

If you say God the Father and Jesus are one God, but only Jesus was crucified, and only Jesus was resurrected, then they are not truly one.

We believe that they are 2 separate and distinct individuals, so God the FAther sent his Son Jesus to the earth, Jesus only was born of Mary while God the FAther stayed in heaven, Jesus only was crucified, while God the Father looked on, Jesus only was resurrected, while God the Father waited for him in the heavens. Etc.

It all makes sense if God the Father and Jesus are 2 separate and distinct Individuals (and yes, I will call them Gods)

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think just for a second. If God the Father and Jesus are one God, then that one God was cricified. And that one God was resurrected. That has to make sense to you.

They are both included in that one God. That one God was born, cricified, resurrected. Both of them had to go through the exerience together.

If you say God the Father and Jesus are one God, but only Jesus was crucified, and only Jesus was resurrected, then they are not truly one.

We believe that they are 2 separate and distinct individuals, so God the FAther sent his Son Jesus to the earth, Jesus only was born of Mary while God the FAther stayed in heaven, Jesus only was crucified, while God the Father looked on, Jesus only was resurrected, while God the Father waited for him in the heavens. Etc.

It all makes sense if God the Father and Jesus are 2 separate and distinct Individuals (and yes, I will call them Gods)

How can a Finite Being [you and I as created beings] describe and Infinite God? That is what you are trying to do in your imagination---trying to make Him Finite like yourself.

Take the Holy Spirit---you cannot see it but it is there. Can you really describe how it feels and looks? Seems you have to have Faith in your Holy Ghost which you cannot describe but yet God has to have Finite restrictions in the Mormon mind.

And of course JS just claimed God and Jesus came to him in separate bodily forms---so Mormons accept his deception. You want to believe in yet another deception from a false prophet until you die--I certainly cannot stop you

For me ----God said He is One---I will believe Him as the One God of the Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit always as ONE God---just like the OT and even the NT says.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
How can a Finite Being [you and I as created beings] describe and Infinite God? That is what you are trying to do in your imagination---trying to make Him Finite like yourself.

Take the Holy Spirit---you cannot see it but it is there. Can you really describe how it feels and looks? Seems you have to have Faith in your Holy Ghost which you cannot describe but yet God has to have Finite restrictions in the Mormon mind.

And of course JS just claimed God and Jesus came to him in separate bodily forms---so Mormons accept his deception. You want to believe in yet another deception from a false prophet until you die--I certainly cannot stop you

For me ----God said He is One---I will believe Him as the One God of the Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit always as ONE God---just like the OT and even the NT says.
Then you believe that this one God was born of Mary. This one God was crucified. This one God was resurrected. OK, I believe you.

JS saw 2 Personages above him in the air. He talked to both of them and recieved information to restore the true Church of Jesus Christ to the earth. What an incredible conversation. In that 20 minutes JS learned more about the nature of God and Jesus than 2,000 years of guessing from the doctors and scholars of philosophy. Refreshing actually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums