Breaking: Moscow Theater Under Siege

CW

Sep 15, 2002
In him.
✟744.00
The Soviet Palace of Art was holding a performance of the musical Nord-Ost (North-East), one of the Russian capital's most popular productions.

The Interfax news agency said one of its reporters was inside the theater at the time of the raid, one of approximately 600 people attending the performance. She told them in a telephone call that the men fired automatic weapons into the air and were preventing the audience from leaving, the agency said.

Interfax said the gunmen had allowed all members of the audience to make phone calls and children to be released and that Muslim audience members were allowed to leave, according to Reuters.

Police units were on their way to the scene, as well as an Alpha special forces unit.

http://iam.homewithgod.com/christianweb/wn.html

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!!! They also found out that the crazy snipers were muslims too. Hmmmmm What in the world is going on here?! I say it's all related to recent terrorist attacks, they are at it again!

Skye Leigh

Upvote 0

strathyboy

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
✟1,376.00
Originally posted by LilAryanAngelHeart
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!!! They also found out that the crazy snipers were muslims too. Hmmmmm What in the world is going on here?! I say it's all related to recent terrorist attacks, they are at it again!

Skye Leigh

Actually, from what I've heard, the hostage-takers have asked for Russian troops to be withdrawn from Chechnya. So, unfortunately, no relation to any of the recent terrorist attacks.

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by LilAryanAngelHeart

Skye Leigh

I have my suspicions, but, as far as I know, they have not released the religions of the two men apprehended this morning. Do not jump the gun.

Upvote 0