Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
A1 sauce in the UK?

Highly dubious.

This is the only A1 in Britain, thank you very much.

A1 road (Great Britain) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That said, all this hoo-hah over Fifty Shades of Grey is very tedious. It's not like self-abuse over bad fanfiction is nothing new - and most of it is available online for free (so I hear), so why bother paying for it....

Upvote 0

Spaceman_Spiff

CthulhuAce
Oct 10, 2004
Scarberia
✟17,466.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That said, all this hoo-hah over Fifty Shades of Grey is very tedious. It's not like self-abuse over bad fanfiction is nothing new - and most of it is available online for free (so I hear), so why bother paying for it....

Indeed -- I have a friend who's into recreational BDSM, and she called the book "fifty shades of vanilla."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed -- I have a friend who's into recreational BDSM, and she called the book "fifty shades of vanilla."

This is what I've heard. I haven't read it; I'm not interested in reading revamped Twilight fanfic, but some authors/readers I know have stated it is not an accurate portrayal of the BDSM. The authors are also cheesed because Twilight fanfic is outselling them, and I honestly can't blame them.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I found this from the Wiki page to be interesting:

Jenny Colgan of The Guardian wrote "It is jolly, eminently readable and as sweet and safe as BDSM (bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism) erotica can be without contravening the trade descriptions act" and also praised the book for being "more enjoyable" than other "literary erotic books".

Fifty Shades of Grey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is what I've heard. I haven't read it; I'm not interested in reading revamped Twilight fanfic, but some authors/readers I know have stated it is not an accurate portrayal of the BDSM. The authors are also cheesed because Twilight fanfic is outselling them, and I honestly can't blame them.

I've read that before... would you really want fans who wanted to put your books up by Twilight anyway?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read that before... would you really want fans who wanted to put your books up by Twilight anyway?
Well, yeah, if it pays the rent and then some. That sort of stuff isn't written for the literary crowd.

Upvote 0