Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LDS, have you prayed about every one of the ten’s of thousands of religions on the planet? Could you have gotten a stronger burning in your bosom by praying for one of those?

The Bible does not ever teach you to ever pray to confirm that it is true. On the contrary, the Bible assumes that it is God’s word. It proves itself to be God’s word by fulfilled prophesies. It proves itself to be God’s word by the morality taught by it. Paul said these words,

2 Timothy 3:16-17New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LDS, have you prayed about every one of the ten’s of thousands of religions on the planet? Could you have gotten a stronger burning in your bosom by praying for one of those?

The Bible does not ever teach you to ever pray to confirm that it is true. On the contrary, the Bible assumes that it is God’s word. It proves itself to be God’s word by fulfilled prophesies. It proves itself to be God’s word by the morality taught by it. Paul said these words,

2 Timothy 3:16-17New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

That is an awesome scripture. Thank you for posting it. The scripture you refer to in the Book of Mormon is about praying to see if the Book of Mormon is true. However Joseph Smith did pray to find out which church to join. He was surprised when he was told not to join any of them.

Upvote 0

Yodas_Prodigy1

Apr 9, 2019
Rockford
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is an awesome scripture. Thank you for posting it. The scripture you refer to in the Book of Mormon is about praying to see if the Book of Mormon is true. However Joseph Smith did pray to find out which church to join. He was surprised when he was told not to join any of them.

Nice try... But, have you prayed about the other religions of the world??? ... And by the way, Joseph Smith wasn't hearing from God, if anyone at all...

Joseph Smith was Satan's answer to the Great Awakening happening in the Midwest to the Northeast....

Great Awakening - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nice try... But, have you prayed about the other religions of the world??? ... And by the way, Joseph Smith wasn't hearing from God, if anyone at all...

Joseph Smith was Satan's answer to the Great Awakening happening in the Midwest to the Northeast....

Great Awakening - Wikipedia
Have you read the Book of Mormon? Jesus said:
(New Testament | Matthew 12:25 - 26)

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Satan is not the author of the Book of Mormon nor is he divided against himself. I have read the Book of Mormon and I know it is from God, not Satan.

Upvote 0

Yodas_Prodigy1

Apr 9, 2019
Rockford
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Satan is not the author of the Book of Mormon nor is he divided against himself. I have read the Book of Mormon and I know it is from God, not Satan.

You still have not answered... How many of the other 10,000+ religions did you pray about? You might just have had a greater burning...

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You still have not answered... How many of the other 10,000+ religions did you pray about? You might just have had a greater burning...
I prayed to know if The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints was the true church and I received my answer. I know that it is God's true church.

Upvote 0

Yodas_Prodigy1

Apr 9, 2019
Rockford
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I prayed to know if The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints was the true church and I received my answer. I know that it is God's true church.

I see... So you are sure you heard from YHWH, the God of the Bible? Or was it Elohim, the LDS god? What criteria did you use to confirm your conversation with your god?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I see... So you are sure you heard from YHWH, the God of the Bible? Or was it Elohim, the LDS god? What criteria did you use to confirm your conversation with your god?
Having read more than 50 near death experience books, I found one that confirmed an incident that my great great grandfather wrote about in his diary. I also know of several people that have joined The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints because of their near death experiences. Other members of my family have also received irrefutable evidence that the church is true. However, you need to seek and find your own evidence. No one can do it for you.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Having read more than 50 near death experience books, I found one that confirmed an incident that my great great grandfather wrote about in his diary. I also know of several people that have joined The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints because of their near death experiences. Other members of my family have also received irrefutable evidence that the church is true. However, you need to seek and find your own evidence. No one can do it for you.

My evidence is found in the sacred and faithful confession of Christ's holy Church, the unwavering faith, conviction, confidence, and confession that has continued and endured for the last two millennia, built upon the rock solid foundation of Jesus Christ, His Holy Apostles, the enduring word of God, and the faithful preaching of the precious and invincible Gospel of our salvation. Which I confess with the whole Communion of Saints in the Creeds, and in our prayers together, in the celebration of the Lord's most Holy Supper, and in remembering my Baptism. I am Christ's and Christ is mine,

"No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
"

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Yodas_Prodigy1

Apr 9, 2019
Rockford
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Near death experiences are not scripture... You are basing your opinion on experiences...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Near death experiences are not scripture... You are basing your opinion on experiences...
There are plenty of scriptures that coincide with teachings of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints:
(New Testament | 2 Thessalonians 2:3)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:29)

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
(New Testament | Philippians 3:13 - 15)

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
(New Testament | 2 Timothy 3:5)

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(Old Testament | Isaiah 29:11 - 13)

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
(New Testament | John 10:16)

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I read the Book of Mormon and wasn't impressed. When I finally started reading the Bible and praying to the true God for guidance, I knew that God wanted me to leave that man-made religion.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are plenty of scriptures that coincide with teachings of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

This is a good reason to avoid false teachers.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Not "Else what shall WE do!"

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

God's calling is not to godhood!

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Acts 13
44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Amen!

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

Nothing about Joseph Smith.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

They were the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This is a good reason to avoid false teachers.

Not "Else what shall WE do!"

Gods calling is calling is not to godhood!

Amen!

Nothing about Joseph Smith.

They were the Gentiles.
Yes, it was baptism for the dead.
It was indeed the high calling of God in Jesus Christ.
It was about the Book of Mormon.
Where is the record of Jesus speaking to the gentiles? Perhaps it was Jesus speaking to Joseph Smith.
And there are many more scriptures.

Upvote 0

Yodas_Prodigy1

Apr 9, 2019
Rockford
✟18,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You crack me up... Copy and paste a bunch of mis-used verses and try to look intelligent... I know this is the LDS technique, post a ton of scripture knowing no one will take the time to answer...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You crack me up... Copy and paste a bunch of mis-used verses and try to look intelligent... I know this is the LDS technique, post a ton of scripture knowing no one will take the time to answer...
You answered. Those scriptures and others help members of the church to know that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is indeed the true church.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If Mormons are so certain that the Bible foretells their 'great apostasy' idea because that is how they can read this or that passage (after having been given us an interpretation by JS and their other founders, not coincidentally), then how do they know that their own religion isn't evidence of it?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
He is the way, I strongly suggest that you look into the prayers, meditations, thoughts, praxis, and traditions of the earliest Christians. First 500 years. Christ promised that the Gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church.

Ever read Dante's "Inferno"?

In the work, the literal gates around Hell were physically torn down by an angel, noting that when Christ atoned, was crucified, and rose again, sin and death no longer had their hold on the world. The gates would never again be able to prevail over the world as a whole.

To my knowledge, no mainline Christian group has ever objected to Dante's interpretation.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever read Dante's "Inferno"?

In the work, the literal gates around Hell were physically torn down by an angel, noting that when Christ atoned, was crucified, and rose again, sin and death no longer had their hold on the world. The gates would never again be able to prevail over the world as a whole.

To my knowledge, no mainline Christian group has ever objected to Dante's interpretation.
I'm talking about Scripture, though, not Dante.

If the Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church, it seems extremely unlikely for the Church to have gone into apostacy decades after Christ, only to require God to restore it 1,800 years later in upstate New York.

Upvote 0