Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's also good to love unbelieving Yehudim, even those that are enemies of the gospel, so that you might win them over. The first thing you must do, is tell them Yeshua did not abolish Torah. And then be blameless regarding Torah, including exterior wise, but not to their rabbinic custom. This is the minimal requirement for evangelizing them. But Paul went even further, sometimes even respecting talmudic custom in order to win them over.
When Paul went out of his way to give the impression that he was still keeping Torah regulations what happened?
It blew up in his face. They dragged him out of the temple positive that he had brought Gentiles into it also.

Do you think God honored Paul's playing along with James's suggestion that he take special measure to appease the
Jews? It appears to me that God Himself soveriegnly allowed such an interuption from the opposers of Paul's tactic to prove he was still a law keeper.

You know the story of Acts 21:17-32.

I believe he did try to hear the gospel message through the ears of a Pharisee to wisely reach them.
But he refused condemnation of his conscience when the majority of Jews refused.

He said he lived with a conscience void of offense before God and man.
He commended himself to the conscience of all men to observe his righteous living by the Gospel.

And Paul, looking intently at the Sanhedrin, said, Men, brothers,
I have conducted myself in all good conscience before God until this day. (Acts 23:1)

But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every conscience of men before God.

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled in those who are perishing, (2 Cor. 4:2)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Paul went out of his way to give the impression that he was still keeping Torah regulations what happened?
It blew up in his face. They dragged him out of the temple positive that he had brought Gentiles into it also.

Do you think God honored Paul's playing along with James's suggestion that he take special measure to appease the
Jews? It appears to me that God Himself soveriegnly allowed such an interuption from the opposers of Paul's tactic to prove he was still a law keeper.

You know the story of Acts 21:17-32.

I think most Christian readers interpret that passage as James agreeing with Paul that the Law has been nailed to the cross.

Both of them are just trying to "be all things to all men" (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think most Christian readers interpret that passage as James agreeing with Paul that the Law has been nailed to the cross.

Both of them are just trying to "be all things to all men" (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
I don't see it quite that way. I think it is very understandable that the new covenant way had to be received
by gradual transition. James still had one foot in the new way and one in the old.

Historically, I find this completely typical. They had a long time been in Judiasm.
And for a very pious and spiritual man like James to so suddenly transition is unlikely.

When I consider if I had been there I would probably had done similarly being
heavily influenced by the past traditions.

I think this characteristic of James being in a transitional stage is also reflected in his letter.
It is the word of God to me. But God used the Apostle Paul to pen some thirteen of the twenty seven New Testament books
and dear brother James one. Paul was more clear about God's new covenant than James imo.

I think Paul learned a big lesson from that failed tactic which may have
lay the groundwork for his writing of his clearest epistles on having been discharged from the law
and emmersed into the grace of living by the indwelling Spirit of Christ.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's sad to see. It's good to be enamoured with Torah, and Hebrew language. But not the political Judaism (zionism), which is a counterfeit messianism (antichrist) seeking to establish a tyrant Jewish supremacist king messiah by any means (who does not teach Torah to non-jews, only noachide laws).
This tyrant king if he comes is set to deceive many of these zionist christians.
The hexagram is the star of remphan. The two witnesses will wreck their false messianic age, their false prophet and king, and their masonic third temple.
Do you think Christians should be more concerned with the building of the physical temple in Jerusalem than
the building up of the habitation [dwelling place] of God in spirit - the church?

I do not say there is no need for the temple. I ask if Christians should feel that Jerusalem temple is more
important than the building up of the living temple of the church? This is an honest question.

So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone;
In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit. (Eph. 2:19-22)

Upvote 0