✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I notice that many dear Christians seem to have rather given up on the church
and are enamored with prophecy about Israel.

When the kingdom of God in the millennium is brought up they run to Daniel and the OT
and go on and on about promises to Israel.

When Revelation or Matthew is discussed MOST of their understanding in influenced by OT prophecy about Israel.
I do not under estimate the importance of God keeping His promises to Israel.

But this ignoring and under appreciating the church is not good.
Why give up in boredom on the glorious church?

She is God's eternal purpose and Christ's bride and wife. (Eph. 5:25-27)
She is "the pillar and base of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15)

Last edited:

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The church is the extension, the expansion, the encrease of God manifest in the flesh - godliness.

But if I delay, I write that you may know how one ought to conduct himself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and base of the truth.

And confessedly, great is the mystery of godliness:
He who was manifested in the flesh, / Justified in the Spirit, / Seen by angels, / Preached among the nations, / Believed on in the world, / Taken up in glory. (1 Timothy 3:15,16)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The divisions, denominations, sects, and parties among Christians has discouraged many believers.
As a result of not seeing any real oneness in the church they have become bored and given her up in a way.

So when the magnificent nature and future of the church is discussed, these bored ones run to OT
prophecy about Israel, Israel, Israel.

I ran into some dear saints who could not see anything in Revelation 12 of the victorious church.
It was the same with many other portions of the book of Revelation and Matthew.

It seems to them the church is hoeplessly defeated and all the millennial glory goes to
God's promises to the nation of Israel.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe because that's what God's whole program is about.

God's program is about dispensing His life and nature into man.
That is the church.

His eternal purpose is to head up all things in Christ Who is Head of the church.
His eternal purpose is to mingle Himself with His redeemed people and them with the Triune God.

In John 17 His mighty prayer is answered when the process of the Triune God and redeemed man are mingled as one.

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;

I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me. (John 17:21-23)

Now watch as some posting dear brothers and sisters go on and on about the boundaries of the land of Israel or
the nation of Israel vindicated for a thousand years or the wonderful physical temple that will be in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Laodicean60,
You say Israel is God's whole program?

To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever. Amen. (Eph. 3:21)

And to know the knowledge-surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. (Eph. 3:19)

Aren't these absolutely glorious promises to the church ?

The church is -

the household of God, Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone;
In whom all the building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord;

In whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit. (Eph. 2:20-22)

Isn't that a tremendous eternal purpose and program of the Triune God?

In order that now to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenlies the multifarious wisdom of God might be made known through the church,
According to the eternal purpose which He made in Christ Jesus our Lord, (Eph. 3:10,11)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And is a Jew who will come for rest of his people.
He was a Jew who through the salvation which is of the Jews (John 4:22) reached all the nations
This is the blessing to all the nations God promised to Abraham

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We shouldn't think too highly of ourselves as the church

I agree we need to heed the admonitions not to be too proud over Israel as Paul warned (Romans 10-11)

But we should not succumb to thinking LESS of the church.
This is the trick of the Devil that we under appreciate her.

That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that she would be holy and without blemish. (Eph. 5:27)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The divisions, denominations, sects, and parties among Christians has discouraged many believers.
As a result of not seeing any real oneness in the church they have become bored and given her up in a way.
The only division I see is the interpretations of scripture.

Reactions: simplefaith
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I notice that many dear Christians seem to have rather given up on the church
and are enamored with prophecy about Israel.

When the kingdom of God in the millennium is brought up they run to Daniel and the OT
and go on and on about promises to Israel.

When Revelation or Matthew is discussed MOST of their understanding in influenced by OT prophecy about Israel.
I do not under estimate the importance of God keeping His promises to Israel.

But this ignoring and under appreciating the church is not good.
Why give up in boredom on the glorious church?

She is God's eternal purpose and Christ's bride and wife. (Eph. 5:25-27)
She is "the pillar and base of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15)
The " Church" is the Body of Christ,His sheep who hear His voice. These people have been sealed with His Holy Spirit and are part of His Kingdom, not of this earth. If one gives up on this then they have apostisized. That being said, there is a degree of covetousness towards a nation that is quite alarming.
Blessings.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: simplefaith
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then talk about the Church.
God is gaining the one new man in the local churches standing on the ground
of oneness. Like the seven lampstands in Revelation He has recovered on earth
"one city - one church". We've seen the vision. And Oh, how exciting to be in this move of the Lord.

There is an escape from divisions. And coming back to the ground of the local oneness
the Lord commands the blessing - life forever more.

Psalm 133 has become a reality when coming back to "one city - one church" and "in Spirit - on the ground."

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is / For brothers to dwell in unity!
It is like the fine oil upon the head / That ran down upon the beard,
/ Upon Aaron’s beard, / That ran down upon the hem of his garments;
Like the dew of Hermon / That came down upon the mountains of Zion.

/ For there Jehovah commanded the blessing: / Life forever.

Revelation helped us to see the vision "one city - one church" ground as golden shining lampstands.

Revelation 1:10-13 -

I was in spirit on the Lord’s Day and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

Saying, What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamos and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.

And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me; and when I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands,

And in the midst of the lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment reaching to the feet, and girded about at the breasts with a golden girdle.

Can you see the vision?
We must be "in spirit" because human tradition of denomination, sects, division has made believers dull and somewhat drugged with
a stupifying unawareness. Without a vision the people are without restraint.

Ephsesus
Smyrna
Pergamos
Thyatira
Sardis
Philadelphia
Laocidea

These are all localities.
We thank God for His recovery of the local church.

This is not "We are the only church".
This is "We are only the church."
There is a big difference and I feel God has such a way to prepared us for His coming and His millennnial kingdom.

But when we bring up the glorious church many dear brothers must think the church is an anti-cllimax.
They look to Israel as the best hope for the glory of Christ.

This has a negative tone.
Yes, a little bit.
Because it's happening before our very eyes.
The building up of the local churches and the emerging of one new man is happening before our eyes too.

I know now that the church can woo the Lord Jesus back to earth.
For Him to deal with Antichrist and the false prophet is like a newly married husband being asked to take
a moment to take out the garbage.

Can you see on a honeymoon the wife saying "Honey, could you take the garbage for us? "

Do not missunderstand me. The enemies of the church and the Antichrist and persecutors of Israel must be divinely dealt with.
(I said divinely ealt with).
But the Lord Jesus want to come back for His bride the church.
Some, a remnant, must make themselves ready.

Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb
has come, and His wife has made herself ready. (Rev. 19:7)

Tne oneness. the proper unity is the best realm in which we can make ourselves ready.
So the recovery of the ground of oneness is exciting though it is costly to our soul-life.

This is not a proclamation of eliteism as some will likely accuse.
This is an invitation to the up-to-date normal Christian life of overcoming.

In oneness, genuine oneness -
For there Jehovah commanded the blessing: Life forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The " Church" is the Body of Christ,His sheep who hear His voice. These people have been sealed with His Holy Spirit and are part of His Kingdom, not of this earth. If one gives up on this then they have apostisized. That being said, there is a degree of covetousness towards a nation that is quite alarming.
Blessings.

You may be the poster who emphasizes the Christ's kingdom is not of this world.
This is what He said.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My attendants would be struggling so that I would not be delivered to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not from here. (John 18:36)

And the Apostle Paul and all the writers of the NT epistles say similarly.
But the time comes when He returns and His army of overcoming saints come with Him.
And at that time His servants are a fighting army. Maybe our fighting will be a shouting, a petitioning for the Lord to do something.
I do not know.

But I know that now we fight the self, the independent "I", the natural man, the soulish man,
the flesh, the world within us, we reign in divine life.
But the meek shall fight and inherit the earth.

And it is at this point I will receive much pushback that Israel, Israel - THEY will inherit the earth.

Now tell me. Isn't this army that comes with the Lord to Armageddon His redeemed saints of the church ?

Revelation 19:11,14 -
And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sits on it called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. . . .

And His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems, and He has a name written which no one knows but Himself.

And He is clothed with a garment dipped in blood; and His name is called the Word of God.

And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

"The armies which are in heaven"
who followed Him must include saints who have made themselves ready for the
marriage dinner of the Lamb. How can that army from Heaven not be many saints from the church?
And if they are an army they must be fighting in some way following their Victor the Word of God.

I fear that I am about to read some pushback like - "No, no, no. That is Israel, Israel fighting and inheriting the earth with the Messiah."
That is an example of Bored with the church but enamored with Israel. Let's see if I am wrong this time.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't want to chit chat about it in a minimalist fashion.
Write something substantial for me to to consider.
As they abandoned Paul in jail , in 2 Cor 4 the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the INBELIEVERS , so that the illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ , who is God's image LEST // ME , is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and that means NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to ever shine forth on them .

dan p

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As they abandoned Paul in jail , in 2 Cor 4 the god of this age has blinded the thoughts of the INBELIEVERS , so that the illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ , who is God's image LEST // ME , is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and that means NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to ever shine forth on them .

dan p
Yet there is hope according to Paul. He was terribly blinded in his persecution of the church.
God tunred him around 180 degrees around from total blindness.
And then as a God established "pattern" to all the world he labored more abundantly than all the original twelve apostles.

I give thanks to Him who empowers me, Christ Jesus our Lord, that He has counted me faithful, appointing me to the ministry,
Who formerly was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insulting person; but I was shown mercy because, being ignorant, I acted in unbelief.
. . . But because of this I was shown mercy, that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life. (1 Tim. 1:12,13,16)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings.
So are you saying "His Kingdom" is not of this earth in the millennium ?

Why then at the seventh trumpet does this proclamation go out?

And the seventh angel trumpeted; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying "His Kingdom" is not of this earth in the millennium ?

Why then at the seventh trumpet does this proclamation go out?

And the seventh angel trumpeted; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)
I am a- millennial, no Kingdom on earth until The "New Heaven and Earth aka, The New Jerusalem" replaces it, as stated in Revelation 11:15 forever and ever, not just 1000 years.
Revelation 21
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Blessings

Upvote 0