✟7,926.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone!

how have you all been?;) I've got a question or a few regarding two unmarried christian couples living together. Me and my boyfriend have been pondering moving in together for some time now, and we both struggle to some extent with what we would do if temptations arose when we were living together..ie sexual ones. We'd like to know of some good recommendations of resources or books on keeping ourselves in check while living together before marriage. We're devoted to God first and foremost..but we both understand anyone can fall into sin and temptation..and want to know what to do long before we are in that situation. So if anyone could offer some advice, books, websites and/or web resources etc, it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!:pray:

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm at a loss, because most resources I know of that think premarital sex is wrong would say that living together before marriage is wrong. My personal advice is that you shouldn't live together before marriage. I'm sorry, that isn't quite the answer you want. Why do you think you should live together, and why do you think you shouldn't get married just yet?

Upvote 0

CCinoklahoma87

Geek4God
Feb 18, 2009
stigler, Oklahoma
Visit site
✟7,926.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm at a loss, because most resources I know of that think premarital sex is wrong would say that living together before marriage is wrong. My personal advice is that you shouldn't live together before marriage. I'm sorry, that isn't quite the answer you want. Why do you think you should live together, and why do you think you shouldn't get married just yet?

hey gzt, thanks for the reply!

Okay first of all, we'd get married right now in a heartbeat honestly, we love eachother unconditionally and fully and have an amazing bond as well as a mutual love for the Lord and desire to put Him first in everything..Only reason we havent is he's still in college and would like to graduate first and get a full time job so that he can support me until i finish class and get a job as well..plus we are in a long distance relationship, I'm here in Oklahoma and he is in Wisconsin..and in order to be together one of us would have to move..which i am planning on doing due to i havent a job and the school im taking the courses through is a distance learning school so i am more well suited for relocation. He goes to a local university and has a part time job there and an apartment. Reason number 2 or 3? is financially related. His apartment he shares with one other guy and he has 2 more spots for room mates, and when all combine the money for rent it is much cheaper then me getting a seperate apt of my own, due to the rent would b split between all 3 of us. So in short by moving in with him i have a place to live while i look for a job and when i do get one i can pitch in and help pay the rent. We dont think too much could happen especially with his roomie around we just wanna make sure and go over a book or something together on the subject. Anyways we'll continue our research to find something..hopefully we will but we'll be praying and also be extra careful when we are living together before marriage..although we wanna try and get married next year at least.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DanC922

Dec 18, 2004
Wichita, Kansas
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I think what you need most is to know what the purpose God created marriage for is. I think the best book on that is "This Momentary Marriage" by John Piper. You can get it very cheaply at This Momentary Marriage :: Desiring God Christian Bookstore.

I also highly recommend "When Sinners say "I Do"" by Dave Harvey.

My fiancee and I are going through both together and they've been very good for us.

Upvote 0