✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 9: Thoughts and Attitudes

How we approach the things in that happen in our life, first in our thoughts and then in our reactions (attitudes) is going to shape profoundly the quality of our life, of this there is no doubt. More times than not WE SELECT misery or contentment.

As the author puts it our thoughts result either in bringing God glory or in a wicked, self-focused heart and sinful attitudes. Wow, that is a strong statement, but I can see the truth in her words. Regeneration by Christ, which happens at the moment of salvation, gives us the grace of the Holy Spirit to live above these types of attitudes.

Sadly, too often the inner thought life of people is that they are somehow more entitled then other people; they should not make mistakes, they deserve more than another, they should come first, they have more problems than other people so their actions should be overlooked, their life is tougher so rudeness and unkindness is okay, they are more flawed and need more attention, etc. – this is the age-old sin of pride. Whether you view yourself better or worse than other people when you allow that view to lead you to believe you are entitled, that is pride or when you are so focused on you that other people are just an obstacle in your path, that is what I call reverse pride. Some of the people who thought the worst of themselves have been some of the most prideful people I have known.

The author takes us into a look at the right thinking, according to the Bible.

1. It has to start with right thinking about who is god, God, (Ps 902:2, 83:18, Is 46:5,9). We must learn about who He is and His character through His Word. Let us say something bad happens to a person who serves God faithfully. Wrong thinking, prideful thinking, supposes that God has let them down because they served faithfully, and God allowed this to happen to them; the God owes me attitude. Right (biblical) thinking supposes this is an opportunity to bring glory to God.

2. Right thinking has to have a respect and regard for the written Word of God, (1 Thess. 2:13, 1 Peter 1:23-25, Heb. 4:12). God’s Word is perfect and to be honored (2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21, Ps. 19:7). We are to allow the Word of God to penetrate our hearts and life completely (Col. 3:16-17). The Word of God should be the framework for your values and beliefs – anything that contradicts the Word in values and beliefs should be discredited and useless to you.

3. This leads to the next need for right thinking, to be renewed in your thinking (Rom. 12:2). We must subject our thinking to the renewing change of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Out of respect and love for God, we must take all those thoughts, ideas, speculations, reasonings, philosophies, and false religions, etc. that are contrary to God’s Word, God’s Truth, captive and dismiss them (2 Cor. 10:5).

4. To have right thinking (biblical thinking) you must rid yourself of wrong thinking (unbiblical, sinful, or secular thinking), (Eph. 4:22-24). If you are saved, Jesus is there with His grace to help you with whatever is needed for your spiritual transformation. Our attitudes come from your thinking.

When it comes to your thoughts and attitudes keep this in mind, fearful people do not trust God. Fear will never subside in your life, or in a specific area of your life, until you trust God overall or in that specific area – just as anger does not go away in a person’s life until they are willing to be kind, tenderhearted, and forgiving.

Honor God with your thoughts and attitudes.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 10: The Attitudes of a Humble Heart (Part 1)

The author desires that we understand what the word “attitude” actually means, therefore, I will quote the definition from the Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary.

4 a : a mental position with regard to a fact or state

b : a feeling or emotion toward a fact or state

She goes on to state that an “attitude” is what you think about an issue or your circumstances. I personally believe our opinions on an issue or on our circumstances often get in the way of God’s Purpose. We ask ourselves too often what we think, how we feel, what we want; instead of asking what God’s position on the matter is, how He would feel about our situation and how we intended to handle the matter, or what God wants for us or for us to do.

The attitude comes from what we think. If we think biblically, we will have a godly attitude, if we think secularly, we will many times have an ungodly attitude. Right thinking equals a right attitude – a right attitude can lead to right thinking, let us look at how.

Humility to some people is a bad word. However, true humility is merely a matter of looking at yourself as God does, no better or no worse, no more important and no less important. Humility is the only cure for pride, and pride is the deadliest sin of all, as it affects so many areas of a person’s life.

The author points out some biblical principles regarding humility.

1. We are not to think more of ourselves than we ought, (Romans 12:3). When we think more or even less of ourselves than we should we are self-center. For some people, they are obsessed with thinking about themselves, and a secular mindset promotes just such a thinking – self first, me first, what I want, what I need, my rights, I, I, I, I, me, me, me.

2. God gave us our gifts and abilities, we did not give them to ourselves, (1 Corinthians 15:10). As I am sure many of you have heard it said, ‘I would not even take my next breath if it were not for God.’ We think we are so important, smart, talented, gifted, but we could not breathe in the next minute without God, it is all about God and what He does, not what we do. When Paul said, ‘I am what I am by the grace of God.’ Paul meant that in a positive, god-honoring way; taken from being a persecutor of Christian to being one himself and being used of God. I have heard people shamefully use this Scripture to justify their sinful behavior, carnal lifestyle, and lack of change; may God have mercy on them for distorting His Word so shamefully.

3. We are to give preference to other people, (Romans 12:10). We all like to have things our way, but it is the spoiled immature person who cannot set that aside and act in godly love and maturity deferring to other people.

4. A humble person is teachable, able, and willing to learn God’s Ways (Psalm 25:9). The author addresses this very sternly, so I will merely quote her here.

“God does not illumine His precious truths to those who are arrogant know-it-alls.

Peace, Martha. Attitudes of a Transformed Heart. Focus Publishing. Kindle Edition.

5. We are to actually put on humility, we are to have a heart of humility, it is a choice, (Colossians 3:12).

6. The humbler we are the more pleased God is and the more He will reward our obedience, (1 Peter 5:5-7). God’s grace and exaltation follow humility.

7. God dwells with the humble, (Isaiah 57:15).

8. God gives grace (favor and undeserved blessing) to the humble, (James 4:6). It takes a humble person to be willing to accept that doing things God’s Way is always best and trusting Him will never fail them. Proud people do not listen, they know it all, they know what is best in every circumstance without consulting God. These people have problems with everyone because they are the problem.

Pride never ceases until humility replaces it, which can only happen by God’s grace. With that said, God’s grace to remove pride and replace it with humility is there for the asking by any person who knows Jesus personally. The following is a prayer that God will never say no to.

Father God, I come to you in Jesus' name. I thank you that you are the God of the impossibilities in life. I thank you that you regenerate and sanctify your people. I ask you today to do in my what is impossible for me but completely possible for you, as nothing is impossible for you God. I ask you to gently remove my pride and replace it with godly humility that my character may be honoring to you and bring glory to you. I thank you for doing this work within my spirit, heart, mind, and life. Forgive me for my pride and cleanse me from all the unrighteousness of this horrible sin. I love Lord, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen and Amen.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 10: The Attitudes of a Humble Heart (Part 2)

In the second part of this chapter we examine how the humble person thinks and acts.

The author points out what a humble attitude looks like.

1. Awareness of the need for God’s grace and ask Him for true humility, (Hebrews 4:14-16).

2. When in a situation you have God search your heart first for wrongdoing, instead of assuming you are right. When you are told you are wrong about something you do not react in sinful pride, but instead in humility, (James 4:10).

3. You are teachable, (Psalm 119:33-34). Humble people have the ability to listen to and learn from other people.

4. You think of other people’s wants and needs before your own, (Philippians 2:3-4).

5. You give God credit for your salvation and achievements instead of seeking the glory for yourself, (Jeremiah 9:23-24).

6. A humble person truly worships God, they are not just going through a religious ritual or religious motions, (Luke 18:10-14).

7. Even if never vindicated in this life, you are willing to suffer embarrassment and humiliation for Jesus’ sake, (1 Peter 4:14-16,19).

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart (Obedient Heart)

This chapter is broken down into sections that cover various aspects of what a godly heart looks like. I will cover one characteristic per posting.

If you have an obedient heart you have a strong desire to follow God’s Will in all things.

Principles for obedience:

1. Jesus was and is our example, (Philippians 2:5-8).

2. An obedient person puts God’s desires ahead of his or her own desires, (Matthew 26:39). God’s Will not our will.

3. Behaves in a godly manner, (1 Peter 1:14-16).

4. Obeys God even if it means that they suffer for doing so, (Acts 5:27-29).

5. Obedience is evidence of salvation, (1 John 2:3-5).

6. Obedience lives by faith, that in knowing and trusting God we know and trust that He knows what is best for our life, (Hebrews 11:8).

7. Obedience is a by-product of our love for Christ Jesus, our Lord, (John 14:15).

8. Keeping God’s commandments are not burdensome despite what we might think, (1 John 5:3).

Ask yourself…

Is church attendance a heartfelt desire or merely a routine? When you sing the songs, do they mean something to you personally or are they just word?

Even on those bad days are you kind to people, patient, loving; do you obey God’s commands even when it is hard, or do you not feel like doing so?

Are you emotional? Do you overreact? Do you live by God’s Word and Principles or do you live by your feeling?

What is more important to you, the acceptance of the people around you or standing up for God’s Word, Truths, and Principles? How do you do with peer pressure?

Do you blend into the world or do you stand out? Are you like your society or are you different? What do you let shape you?

Does doing what God wants you to do bring your joy or dread?

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart (Contented Heart)

This chapter is broken down into sections that cover various aspects of what a godly heart looks like. I will cover one characteristic per posting. In this posting, it will be to address the contented heart.

Contentment does not come from our outward circumstances but instead from how we think about our outward circumstances.

“Content” as found in Philippians, the Greek definition:

842. αὐτάρκης autarkēs, ŏw-tar´-kace; from 846 and 714; self-complacent, i.e. contented:— content.

So, what is “self-complacent”…

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary:

1 : marked by complacency : SELF-SATISFIED

: a feeling of being satisfied with how things are and not wanting to try to make them better : a complacent feeling or condition

(R-Note: Here I would say not “having” to have them better or different to the point of distress or upset.”)

an often unjustified feeling of being pleased with oneself or with one’s situation or achievements

: SATISFACTION; especially : SELF-SATISFACTION

Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Dictionary:

CONTENTMENT — freedom from anxiety or worry (1 Tim. 6:6). The idea of contentment comes from a Greek word that means “independence” or “self-sufficiency.” But the apostle Paul used the word in a Christian sense to show that real satisfaction or sufficiency comes from God: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:13).

So, what is the attitude of a contented heart…

1. With God’s help, we can learn to be content regardless of how difficult our circumstances might be, (Philippians 4:11-13).

2. We should allow ourselves to be content with the necessities of life, (1 Timothy 6:8). If we have our basic needs met, we should be content, this does not mean we should not desire to do better in life or have more but not to the point that it breeds discontent in us. Instead…

3. Be content with what you have today and focus on pleasing God, (Matthew 6:25. 33), then if more comes praise God, but do not covet, do not be in discontent. Contentment is not about what you have it is about your mindset regarding what you have. Let us remember it is sin not to be content with what God has given us.

4. A contented heart does not complain, (Philippians 2:14-16).

5. When we have a contented heart, we do not want or have to sin against God, (Job 1:20-22, 6:10), we trust He has our life in His hands.

Seek God to give you a truly contented heart, for only He can do so, just as only He can do so many things in our life; things He will do once our hearts are truly at a place where we desire Him to do so. We have to get ourselves and our hearts right with Him in order for God to work effectively in our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart (Servant’s Heart)

This chapter is broken down into sections that cover various aspects of what a godly heart looks like. I will cover one characteristic per posting. This posting deals with what a servant’s heart reflects.

Jesus without a doubt was the ULTIMATE SERVANT! As people belonging to Him, in return, we are to give ourselves to be His servant.

Biblical Principles of a Servant’s Heart:

1. Like Paul, we should view ourselves as a bondservant to Christ, (Romans 1:1-3). A bondservant is a slave, and a slave does as the Master desires not as they desire.

2. God rewards those who have a servant’s heart, (Matthew 20:25-28).

3. Marked by faithfulness, whether other people see that faithfulness or not, (Matthew 24:45-46).

4. Serves other people, (Colossians 1:7-8).

5. A true servant will at times suffer persecution, (John 15:20).

6. Godly servants are not to be servants to worldly men, (1 Corinthians 7:23).

7. We choose servanthood, (Philippians 2:5-7).

8. Have the temperament of not being quarrelsome and to be kind, able to teach, patient when wronged, gently correcting those in opposition, (2 Timothy 2:24-26).

Keep in mind…

When we do for the Lord everything takes on new purpose.

We must be consistent in our faithfulness.

We need to look for ways to serve other people.

We must make a conscious and fully committed decision to obey, follow, and serve the Lord Jesus, the Christ in all areas of our life.

Ask God to give you a servant’s heart that He will use for His glory.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart (Grateful Heart)

This chapter is broken down into sections that cover various aspects of what a godly heart looks like. I will cover one characteristic per posting.

It is such a God Thing that we are here just before Thanksgiving and this is the section of the book that I am currently on, a section that covers the topic of having a grateful heart. God is so good!

The author points out that people who are ungrateful in life grumble and complain about everything and everyone, for them nothing is ever good enough and this becomes a way of life for them. For the Christian the opposite should be true, they should be grateful to God in all things, good or bad circumstances.

Biblical Principles of a Grateful Heart:

1. To be grateful for God’s grace through Christ Jesus, (2 Corinthians 9:15).

2. Showing God gratitude is part of worshipping Him, (Psalm 100:1-5).

3. To be ungrateful to God is reflect the character of an unbeliever, (Romans 1:21).

4. It is a command to be grateful, (Colossians 3:15).

5. Be thankful for whatever GOD brings your way, (1 Thessalonians 5:18 and Job 1:21).

Practical Ways of Living Out A Life as a Person with a Grateful Heart:

1. Look for the grace of God in your trials.

2. Do not be bitter or angry with God when adversity comes your way.

3. Do not live in the land of sinful disappointment instead give your hopes, desires, and dreams to God then wait to see what He wants to do with them.

4. As a thankful person be a joy to be around, do not grumble and complain be cheerful.

5. Worship God with a thankful heart full of gratitude.

At the end of this section, the author makes quite a statement, a statement with which I agree. ‘We must have the right thoughts about God in order to truly be emotionally stable.’

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart (Forbearing Heart)

In chapter eleven for whatever reason the author chose to cover several heart attitudes that a godly person would have. This will be the last characteristic to cover in chapter eleven, and it could not have come at a better time for me. Let me tell you why…a little personal side note.

Ministers can be very alone people, although not lonely in the sense of how people view lonely, they can often be without many true personal friends. They have many people around them, many people after their time, talents, and insights but not so many recognizing that they have needs as well and that although they might be very spiritual and very close to God they are not god, they are human beings in need of consideration and friendship. More times than not people come and go out of my life based on their own needs and never stop for a moment to consider mine. I have had just such a year, so I could use some encouragement in having a “forbearing heart” because I need one right now.

First let me start by defining “forbearing” since we do not often hear that word anymore.

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary:

accepting pains or hardships calmly or without complaint — see PATIENT

transitive verb

1 obsolete : to do without

2 : to hold oneself back from especially with an effort £ forbore mentioning the incident

3 obsolete : to leave alone : SHUN £ forbear his presence — Shakespeare

intransitive verb

1 : HOLD BACK, ABSTAIN £ have forborne from taking part in any controversy

2 : to control oneself when provoked : be patient

According to the Greek Language of the Bible in Ephesians 4:2 “forbearing” is defined as:

430. ἀνέχομαι anĕchŏmai, an-ekh´-om-ahee; mid. voice from 303 and 2192; to hold oneself up against, i.e. (fig.) put up with:— bear with, endure, forbear, suffer.

Oh my…I feel we are in for it with forbearance, having a forbearing heart!

In relationship to other people the Bible tells us to have forbearance toward others as it is an expression of love 1 Corinthian 13:7 and a part of Christian grace Ephesians 4:2.

Before we go any further, I want to say that forbearance has nothing to do with putting up with or approving of sin. As Christian’s we DO NOT CONDONE SIN!

Biblical Principles of a Forbearing Heart:

1. God in His righteousness was forbearing with mankind, Romans 3:21-26.

2. We are to be forbearing of one another both for unity sake and for the sake of personal relationship, Ephesians 4:1-3 and Colossians 3:12-13.

3. Forbearance should be a trait Christian’s are characterized by, Philippians 4:5.

Practical Application:

1. Follow Jesus’ example, though tempted do not sin, Hebrews 4:15.

2. Judge people less and your forbearance will grow. To be intolerant one must either judge or discern, (I hope it is discerning and that love, not intolerance, prevails.)

3. If it is not a sin issue, reframe more often from having “your opinion” on a matter.

4. God puts difficult people in our life for a reason, both to rub off our rough edges and make us godlier, and also to be an example to them, Philippians 4:5.

5. Whether or not we choose to glorify God by being forbear-ant with people is just that our choice, a choice we must both take responsibility for and give an account for to God.

Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

By being voluntary servants of the Lord Jesus, by having a godly heart, we are set free from the emotional slavery of other people – they do not control us, our emotions regarding how they conduct themselves do not control us, OUR GODLY CHOICES CONTROL US.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 12: The Attitudes of a Pure Heart

This chapter covers the heartbreak of sex outside of marriage, adultery, inappropriate contentography, etc. The sexual sins that damage the purity of a person’s heart.

For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality... For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. 1 Thessalonians 4:3,7

The author points out that sexual promiscuity is accepted as a way of life in our culture today but in God’s culture, it is sin and not an acceptable way of life. In the OT adultery and sex outside of marriage was punishable by death, yet, today it is sadly accepted as normal behavior. It is not normal behavior it is behavior that defiles the purity of marriage.

There is also spiritual adultery where a man or woman entertains thoughts of another person other than their spouse in a sexual way or engages in flirtations with someone other than their spouse, both of these behaviors disrupt the purity of the human heart.

Principles highlighted in this chapter:

1. It is God’s Will that we be sexually pure, (1 Thessalonians 4:3,7 – quoted above).

2. We are to be in control of our bodies. ...(that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God... 1 Thessalonians 4:4,5).

3. Immoral people will be punished. ...(and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you. 1 Thessalonians 4:6, emphasis added).

4. Your sexual desires are to be met by your spouse. (But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:2).

5. Lustful sexual thoughts are sinful. (But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man. Matthew 15:18-20), emphasis added.

6. We are to run from immorality. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? May it never be! Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a harlot is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.” But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:15-20).

7. Homosexuality is a form of perverted sexual lust. Therefore, God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper...Romans 1:24-28).

8. Adultery is particularly damaging because it violates the one flesh principle (Genesis 2:24 and 1 Corinthians 6:16), it can destroy a person (Proverbs 6:32), it can cause spiritual and physical death (Proverbs 2:16-19), adultery can destroy a physical relationship with your spouse (Proverbs 5:15-19), adultery destroys righteous love (1 Corinthians 13:5-6), and it spawns other sins such as jealousy, strife, murder, lies, etc. (Proverbs 6:34, 16-19).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 13: The Attitudes of a Loving Heart

This is the final installment of this book discussion, as it is the last chapter in the book. We end on a good note, in review of what it is to have a “loving heart” which we all need to navigate relationships properly.

When we have a loving heart, we act in ways toward other people that reflect we want only the very best for them in life. Whether we are giving encouragement, comfort, correction, or tough-love may it all be done only from a heart that wants that person to be all God desires for them to be.

Biblical Principles of a Loving Heart:

1. We are to love God completely and love our neighbor as we would love ourselves, (Matthew 22:35-40). You must start with a love for God or you cannot love yourself or anyone else. Then you must learn to love yourself in a proper manner, a godly way, or you cannot love other people.

2. Love is a by-product, a fruit, of the Holy Spirit’s presence in your life (Galatians 5:22). If you have a sincere desire to love other people in a godly manner the Holy Spirit will make that possible.

3. The greatest way we can show God we love Him is by obeying Him (1 John 5:3).

4. The ability to love in a godly way comes from God and is evidence of our salvation (1 John 4:7,8,19).

5. Jesus’ willingness to die on the cross for us is the most supreme form and expression of love (1 John 4:9-10).

6. The mark of a Christian is his or her ability to love (1 John 4:17-18).

7. Whether or not we truly love God can be seen in how we love other people. God makes it plain in His Word we cannot hate our brethren and love Him at the same time (1 John 4:20-21).

8. We are to love and pray for those who are opposed to us, those who persecute us (Matthew 5:43-48). It is far better to allow God to deal with those who are against you than to take matters into your own hand, for God can do a far better job.

9. We are to pursue love actively, not getting love, but giving love (1 Corinthians 14:1). We should want to be more loving, pray to be more loving, and act more loving; growing in how we express love daily.

Application of Biblical Principles on a Loving Heart:

1. If we say we love God, then we need to put Him first in our life. We honor Him above other people and above ourselves.

2. If we love people we will be patient and kind with them as well as demonstrate the other traits of love found in Scripture (1 Corinthians 13); love is not jealous, it does not brag, it is not arrogant, love is not unbecoming (meaning it is not rude and disrespectful), loving means you do not have to have your own way, love is not easily provoked, it does not hold a grudge or keep track of other people's wrongdoing, love bears all things and continues to believe in a person with hope and endurance. By an act of our will, we can do these things whether we feel like it or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums