✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is inwardly focused.

I know I have to keep a close eye on myself to make sure I do not slip into becoming inwardly focused. It is very easy to do, especially if you have a great deal going on in or around your life.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 4 is now open for discussion, please feel free to share your thoughts that you have thus far, and do not forget to comment on other people’s insights.

Once we have exhausted our discussion of this chapter, I will open up discussion on the next chapter. I would like us to read the chapters during approximately the same time frame, staying focused on the discussion surrounding that chapter, as I have found this is best for watching God move among the discussion.

I am looking forward to what God is going to do through this discussion.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apologize for the delay between postings, I have been very ill with a summer bug/cold/flu that has been going around. I have not had anything this bad in many years.

Chapter 4: Our High and Holy God (part 1)

This chapter tends to focus on God’s attributes, all of which are amply reason alone for Him to be worshiped.

The attributes covered are:

Faithfulness

Holy

At Work

Sovereign

The author opens the chapter by reminding us of the various ways that man has reinvented God, which we have covered in previous post. I only mention this to put forth another exhortation that we cannot and must not attempt to create God in our desired image, we must see God for who and how He is and nothing less.

In this part of my review of chapter four I will cover the attribute of sovereignty.

Sovereign –

God is the ruler of the universe, the One ultimately in control of all things should He choose, He is King, Ruler, and the ultimate Authority - - yet, some think He serves them, bows to them, or so they act.

The author points out that:

God is subject to no one (Acts 17:24,25).

God rules over all (Psalm 103:19).

God’s rule is a welcome relief to those who know Him, His rule is actually good news (Isaiah 52:7).

God strongly warns those who refuse to bow before His authority (Psalm 2:10-12).

God does as He pleases (Psalm 135:5-6).

The Lord Jesus is the head of all authority (Colossians 2:10).

We have no right to criticize God’s choices (Isaiah 45:5-9).

Isaiah 45:9 (NKJV)

“Woe to him who strives with his Maker!

Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!

Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’

Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’?

At one point the author writes about something I have been known for “harping” on as some would say. It is the Truth that God sets the Standard for what sin and righteousness is, we do not get to do that. All too often we wish to diminish God’s standard simply because we do not wish to live up to it or our attempt to do so has failed therefore, we wish to rewrite what God means or expects of us. How foolish!

If we are convinced of God’s goodness, we have nothing to fear in life and can trust His sovereignty.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 4: Our High and Holy God (part 2)

This chapter is focused on God’s attributes, all of which are amply reason alone for Him to be worshiped.

Faithfulness

Holy

At Work

Sovereign

In this part of my review of chapter four, I will cover the attributes of at work and holy.

At Work –

We see God at work in His creation (Gen. 2:2 and Ps. 19:1).

God is still at work in His creation (Ps. 104:5, 10-24).

God through His justice, loving-kindness, and righteousness is at work in the earth among His creation (Jer. 9:23-24).

Jesus came to earth to accomplish the work of salvation for sinful man (John 17:1-4).

God is at work maturing Believers (Phil. 1:6, 2:13).

Holy –

The author points out that “holy” when referring to God means pure and without sin.

In some ways, our sin makes us fearful in the light of God’s holiness. The magnitude of how far beneath Him we are in stature is unimaginable, yet, He loves us dearly.

Let us just take a few moments to reflect on God’s holiness.

God is holy, set apart, sacred, and pure (Hab. 1:13 and Ps. 47:8).

God’s holiness is the very excellency of His Divine nature (Is. 6:1-5).

Because we are in Christ, having accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are holy, as God is holy (1 Pet. 1:14-16).

Only a Holy God, in the form of a Holy Man, Jesus, could redeem sinful man from his sin (2 Cor. 5:21).

Upvote 0

But_First_Coffee

May 21, 2019
Jacksonville
✟14,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 4- this is going to serve as my perceptions of each part and running commentary.

~*Our High and Holy God*~
Daniel's God is sovereign, at work, holy and faithful.

God Most High is Sovereign
1. Subject to NO ONE
So the bible says "ask and you shall receive" but I'm assuming that means "if HE wills it" and one person's demands/pleas won't sway him against his own laws or against the favor of everyone else.
2. Rules over all
So this says to me that He rules over not just all of nature and heaven and earth but even the darkness and the evil things and they can't control Him
3. His rule is good news
For me it is, because I am really trusting Him and His word
4. He gives a strong warning for those who don't know him/don't want to
That makes sense, if the only way to heaven is through Christ
5. He does as he pleases
That sounds scary, TBH...but only because when you hear about PEOPLE who do that, you hear about their selfishness causing pain to others. You just have to trust that God doing as he pleases means His actions will bless His people and make the word come to fruition.
6. He's head over all authorities
That means he's above people on earth who rule over whole countries and make choices that harm them. He's higher up and can cancel all that out...
7. We shouldn't criticize his choices
So if he allows suffering, we have to remember that it will be worked towards a greater good.
*An example: people in my community are questioning why God allowed a beautiful 37-year-old mother to die in childbirth of her 4th child and the child to die a few weeks later because of the brain damage from lack of oxygen. Right now, we haven't seen God's ultimate plan for that story but we have already seen the ones directly affected (like the husband and the deceased mother's family) draw CLOSER To God for comfort and it drew others closer too...

God most high is at work
1. His work is displayed by his creations
And I remember this every time I see a colorful wild bird, a peaceful nature scene, a sunset, the ocean, MY SON...
2. He continues to work on them
That must be why new babies are born, nature overgrows man's creations, animals repopulate, and broken people are healed...
3. He loves to show loving-kindness, justice and righteousness
That must be why there's that little part of many peoples' hearts where they feel the urge to do random acts of kindness or get tugged towards a cause. Even if they don't believe in God, God can still work through them with that part of their hearts.
4. Jesus came to earth to accomplish salvation for our sins
Amen
5. God uses circumstances to work for our good
I've seen it many times in my life.
In 2017, God allowed me to be selfish and to act on that selfishness for most of the year and literally destroy my whole life.
Then in 2018, I turned back to Him and watched Him build it all back up, even better than before.

6. God is working now to mature believers
And I'm working on it too

God most high is holy
1. He is sacred and pure
I know this is reflected in scripture, like the things He calls us to do to be like Him and set ourselves apart.
2. His holiness is the excellence of his divine nature
It's his crowning glory
3. As his children, we should be holy too
But we're only human, so ... God please help us! show us the way!
4. Only a holy God or man could redeem sinful man
I believe it, because when "blind lead the blind" nothing turns out right.

God most high is faithful
1. God keeps his word
Yes he does. I can see in my life where scripture's promises are reflected.
The prodigal son story is a good example.
But so is "All things work together for good..."
and "Ask and you shall receive..."
and Proverbs 31 wives...

2. His faithfulness is unlimited
That's a refreshing thought. There's like no actual point where forgiveness stops.
Being human, we always want to think there's that one carnal sin that is just "unforgivable" and the point of no return...

3. It is great
Yes it is
4. It is illustrated when he frees his children from Egypt in the bible
But also illustrated in smaller ways in present day people's lives
5. He faithfully calls his people
Yes he does. Why do I keep getting brought back to Him?
6. He won't allow us to (take on) more than we can bear
This makes me think about Katie Davis-Majors, who moved to Uganda at age 18 or 19 instead of going to college in Tennessee...there she started helping the poor and sick and orphaned people. God gave her a few little orphan girls to adopt and take care of as the mother, despite the limited resources...and she'd keep saying "ok this is all I can handle!" but then God would bless her with a house, running water, money, etc...and then give her MORE kids. She'd keep saying that, and He'd keep proving she could handle more and she did.
7. God forgives sins we confess
Amen
8. God is faithful even when he afflicts us
I've seen it in my life, and I've seen it in others' lives, and I've heard it in the book of Job.
9. Accept God as faithful
Of course.
10. We should entrust our souls to Him even if we are suffering
And actually, at rock bottom, in-over-our-heads in suffering is one of the times it becomes easiest. The trick is to still make it a priority when all is WELL, and it feels like we're in control...

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 4: Our High and Holy God (part 3)

This chapter has focused on God’s attributes, all of which are amply reason alone for Him to be worshiped.

Faithfulness

Holy

At Work

Sovereign

In this part of my review of chapter four, I will cover the final attributes of faithfulness.

Faithfulness –

The author points out that faithfulness is the Truth that God is completely trustworthy to fulfill His Word and keep His Promises.

I want to add that what many people do not consider is the “requirement” for the promise to be fulfilled, the obedience to God’s Will, Ways, and Commands, which is often necessary for a person to see God’s promises manifest in his or her life. Obedience is the key to life, real life!

God is faithful to keep His Word (Num. 23:19 and 2 Tim. 2:13).

God’s faithfulness is unlimited (Ps. 36:5), great (Lam. 3:22-23), and illustrated in the deliverance of His people (Duet. 7:-7-9).

God is faithful to call His people (1 Corn. 1:9).

God is faithful to ensure we are not tempted to a degree we cannot handle (1 Corn. 10:13).

God is faithful to forgive us when we ask (1 John 1:9).

Even in our affliction, God is faithful (Ps. 119:75).

We should both accept and act upon the Truth of God’s faithfulness (Heb. 10:23).

When we are suffering (according to God’s Will), we should entrust ourselves to God’s faithfulness (1 Peter 4:19).

Our takeaway –

We need to have a proper reverential fear of God (Prov. 31:30).

Live life reverently as God has redeemed us from our sin (1 Peter 1:17-19).

We are to bow before our God (Is. 64:8).

Sing praises to and give thanks to the LORD Most High (Col. 3:16).

Embrace the miracle of saving grace, that only One so Holy could do such a thing (Eph. 2:8-9).

Look forward and be ready for the day when Jesus is exalted before ALL in His glory (Phil. 2:9-11).

ONE OF MY FAVORITES…

Trust God to accomplish for you what you will never be able to accomplish for yourself (1 Thess. 5:24).

THUS, WE SHOULD WORSHIP GOD AS HE DESERVES TO BE WORSHIPPED!

Hallelujah and Amen!

This concludes my notes on chapter four.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 5 is now open for discussion, please feel free to share your thoughts that you have thus far, and do not forget to comment on other people’s insights.

Once we have exhausted our discussion of this chapter, I will open up discussion on the next chapter. I would like us to read the chapters during approximately the same time frame, staying focused on the discussion surrounding that chapter, as I have found this is best for watching God move among the discussion.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 5: God’s High and Holy Standard

The author writes about how we have our own standards regarding what sins we will commit and what sins we will not commit, and that standard does not line up with God’s Standard, which is much holier and purer.

For example, she states we might not commit adultery, but we will gossip, or we might not get drunk, but we will worry.

Let’s face it most people have a sliding scale for sin, and they view some sins as worse than others, but God does not view sin that way, to Him sin is sin, murder and lying are equal because both are sin.

This chapter will focus on 13 biblical aspects of giving glory to God.

1. Our goal should be to live exclusively for God’s glory (Rom. 14:7-8, 1 Cor. 10:31, Phil. 1:20-21).

2. Worship (2 Chron. 5:11-14, Ps. 86:9-13).

3. Sincere confession of sin (Matt. 5:4, 1 John 1:9, Prov. 28:13, Rom. 7:15).

4. Retain lifelong faith in Jesus for salvation, care, provision, etc. (1 John 5:10-11, Rom 4:20-21, Prov. 3:5).

5. Bear fruit (John 15:8, Matt. 5:16).

6. Regardless of circumstances cultivate contentment and gratitude in your life (Phil. 4:11, 2 Cor. 12:8-10).

7. Grow and mature spiritually (2 Peter 3:17-18, 2 Corn. 3:18, 1 Peter 2:12).

8. Stand up for God’s Truth (Jude 3, Mark 8:38) – Numbers 8 and 9 are by far the personal passions that God has given me in life. The distortion of God’s Word inflames me to no end because it distorts Him, who He is, His character.

9. Cultivate zeal for God; zeal being an intense love for God and intense anger against sin Rev. 2:2-3, John 2:14-17).

10. Witness to the lost (Matt. 28:19-20, 1 Peter 3:14-15, 2 Cor. 5:20).

11. Be willing to suffer or die for God (1 Peter 4:12-16, Rom. 8:18, Phil. 3:10).

12. Make sure any credit that is given to us is redirected to our true source God (1 Corn. 15:10, Rom. 12:3, Ps. 115:1)

13. Pray (Matt. 6:7-8, Phil. 1:9-11, John 14:13).

Upvote 0

But_First_Coffee

May 21, 2019
Jacksonville
✟14,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If all sin is the same in God's eyes, then I'm in deep trouble because maybe I didn't kill anyone or steal money that wasn't mine, but I am always worrying about everything or thinking about just cummupence (sp?) for the people on my "list"... that list you make of people who slighted you.

Like my friend from church is always saying... I'm so grateful for Christ's sacrifice and that I don't have to make all this stuff right on my own.
But I know that just acknowledging the savior once isn't enough.
I'm glad this chapter lays out the 13 things I need to be doing to keep myself close to Him

1) Aim your life exclusively for God's glory
This is easier said than done. In this modern world there are a plethora of distractions...
money and having things, popularity, lust, temporary highs...
It's going to take daily focus to keep my sights on Him.
I'll have to ask God for a heart that can focus on Him.

2) Worship God
Now this one is easy to do. That's why I stick to the PRAY format..
the first step of the prayer is "praise".
I have some of the lyrics from Sunday mornings at church stuck in my head,
and now I sing them out loud sometimes.

3) Sincerely Confess your sins
The second part of "Pray" is Repent. And I do this all the time.
That's for the things like an angry outburst or being lazy.
I'm gradually getting away from things that are unhealthy or seem to fall in gray areas.
Stuff like keeping toxic friends (even if I don't do what they do) or watching trashy TV.

4) Believe in Him for salvation through life
That I do

5) Give God glory through bearing fruit
Obeying God is another "easier said than done"
especially if it means having to go out of my comfort zone
and completely change up what I'm accustomed to in my life.
Slowly but surely, I'm getting there. I'm eliminating things that are unhealthy,
and spending more energy on doing what's right... Seeking Him, seeking his will,
being healthy so I have energy to spend on Him. Investing in people and in things
that will show I'm a Christian.

6) Cultivate grateful contentment
This one I've only started doing recently.
I have a marriage, a baby, a decent job, a nice town to live in...
I need to focus on that. For the longest time I was griping
because we don't have a house yet we still rent an apartment,
there's enough but not a lot of money and we need more friends.
Now I'm just doing my best to look at the good.

7)Grow Spiritually
Discovering that 1) I could listen to the bible in the car
2) I could download and listen to audible versions of amazing Christian lifestyle books
3) I had a job that gave me 35 minutes each way M-F to listen to all this...
Really helped with that.

8) Stand up for God's Truth
I was doing that for the first half of college.
Then I fell away from God.
Then I came back to Him a bit in 2012 and I was doing that some.
Then I fell away again.
Now I'm back like never before and defending it like never before...
....to my own spouse.
Yes, my own husband.
Who fell from his faith and now questions EVERYTHING.
Declaring what I know, believe, and am learning to him on the regular
only affirms it more for me.

9) Cultivate Zeal for Him
I'm working on that. I feel the love.
I do get disappointed when people around me choose what they know is wrong.
But I can't say I feel an "anger" about it.

10) Witness to the lost
Besides my own husband, who's temporarily "lost",
I don't do a lot of that.
I'm not comfortable approaching a stranger about it.
I have talked to a few other friends and acquaintances about my faith
and what I believe, in brief snippets.

11) Be willing to suffer or die from God
you know, it's funny... My favorite inspirational person is Katie Davis,
who dropped a posh life in upper-class Tennessee and her parents' dreams of her
getting a college degree for dirty, impoverished third-world Uganda...
but it was her calling. She was in LOVE. And she LOVES it.
She's the same age as me. When I Was partying in college,
she was adopting orphan babies and building a home for them
as well as a whole ministry to help them find God, medical care and education.
I learned of her when I Was 24. Her story changed my outlook a lot.
And there's been times between then and now (7 years) that I've gotten
so tired of my life here that I've wished and almost prayed "God...take me away
to a life full of love..your love!...in a world that's much simpler than this one"
Yes, I've even prayed that since I've had a spouse.
Figuring if God willed it, He'd bring my spouse along too.
But you know what? That's not the life God had for me and I know that.
I've always been the "behind the scenes support" the "backyard missionary"
and my gifts have come into play right here in my community.
I want to think that if God willed me all the way to Africa, or China or South America
that I would feel the embrace of his love through the people like Katie
and I'd be so happy I'd never want to leave.
In reality, I'm delicate. I'm OCD. I have anxiety. I'd overcome if called to do it,
but a third world probably would break me down long before it built me up.
I'd be begging God to send me back home.
I certainly wouldn't want to die there.
So I continue to go where I KNOW he's leading... to my own "back yard".
I still suffer a bit here too.

12) Direct all credit given to us to God
This I certainly do. Or at least I don't take undue credit.
I have more than once told someone "it's not me, it's God blessing you"

13) Pray
I definitely do this. Every. single. day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 6 is now open for discussion, please feel free to share your thoughts that you have thus far, and do not forget to comment on other people’s insights.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 6: Attitudes and Scripture (part 1)

Before I begin to recap the chapter, I want to state that in my twenty-plus years in ministry the greatest attitude I have seen expressed toward Scripture has been disregarded. People over the years have simply come to disregard portions of Scripture if the Scriptural Truth is something they disagree with or do not wish to live up to in life. Distorting and disregarding Scripture is very commonplace in our “chrisitian community” today and it is something I can assure you God is not pleased with at all. Scripture is not ours, peoples, to alter, it is Gods!

The author starts out the chapter by expressing the importance of perseverance in our relationship with God and the need for continual study of His Word over the course of our lifetime. Perseverance by no means is easy at all. I have known the Lord Jesus since 1977 and I have wavier during that time, spending a bit of my youth as the prodigal daughter, then returning to my first love, Christ. My return has been several decades ago now thus I can tell you that through the pain of life, the disappointment, the heartache, the frustration, and the anger I have wanted to give up on the pursuit of God and just ride out my salvation to the grave having little to do with Christ, yet I could not for more than a few hours because deep inside me I knew to do so meant the death of everything God meant for me in life. Please, I urge you, persevere do not miss out on what God has for you in life.

The author will cover three topics in this next section of the book, and I will share my notes and thoughts on each individually as we get to them.

(1) Doctrine – Chapter 6

(2) Practical Application of Doctrine: Guidance from God – Chapter 7

(3) Practical Application of Doctrine: Worship – Chapter 8

Let me begin with doctrine. Why is it important and how does it transform the heart of a person?

The learning of doctrine is important so that we can become more discerning, not be led astray by false doctrine, for personal purity, and spiritual maturity. The author notes that people need both head knowledge (the study of doctrine) and heart knowledge (the experience(s) with Christ) to be a well-rounded mature Christian, and I fully agree with this statement. We must first learn biblical doctrine before we can apply it to our life. To know and be like God we must study God; we do that in His Word.

The author makes some points we must keep in mind regarding doctrine. Unsaved people grow more and more intolerant of biblical doctrine all the time (2 Tim. 4:3-4). The more mature Christians should have sound doctrine and be prepared to refute doctrine that is in error (Eph.4:14 and 1 Tim. 6:3-5).

The reasons for studying doctrine are also pointed out. Biblical Christian doctrine is vital to the New Testament church (Acts 2:42) and vital to a Christian’s personal spiritual armor (Eph. 6: 14,17). We must increase in biblical knowledge to aid us in not stumbling (2 Pet. 1:5-10). God commands us to understand and live biblical doctrine (Matt. 4:4). The learning of and application of doctrine leads to godly wisdom (Ps. 119:98-100) and spiritual maturity (1 Pet. 2:2-3). We cannot have victory over Satan without having the Word within us (1 John 2:14). Correct understanding of doctrine is a must for fruitful ministry (2 Tim. 3:16-17).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 6: Attitudes and Scripture (part 2)

In order to recognize a counterfeit, one does not study the counterfeit but instead studies the real thing; thus, by studying Scripture, God’s character, and sound biblical doctrine you will recognize error more easily.

This is where the author connects the study of doctrine to the renewal of your mind.

What the author says is so spot one here I would like to quote her exactly.

“Scripture is powerful. It is powerful not in some magical, wave a wand, hocus-pocus, utter a few Scriptures and sprinkle magic dust sort of way, but powerful through the supernatural grace of God to help us resist temptation.”

Peace, Martha. Attitudes of a Transformed Heart . Focus Publishing. Kindle Edition.

The author goes on the point out that “Scripture study is a lost art for many Christian” and this is so true. Yet people fail to realize how much this affects their spiritual growth because the study is where and when God transforms us the most. Shallow study, shallow Christian. We cannot claim we do not have time for the study of God’s Word, we always make time for what we really care about, it is just a matter of what that actually is…a question only we can answer as individuals.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I've been totally AWOL, I will have more up there this week
I believe I just need to move on now.
I hope all is well with you and that one day you will be able to finish this book, I know this is your second attempt at doing so.
Also, I encourage and exhort you to seeks God's face regarding faithfulness, it is one of the much-needed fruits of the Spirit for a stable Christian walk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 7: (2) Practical Application of Doctrine: Guidance from God

This chapter is about how we go about knowing “God’s Will” for our life in any specific area on any particular day. The author points out that people have many different ways by which they describe the act of deducing God’s Will. There is one thing I want to emphatically clear at the on set of this topic; GOD’S WILL WILL NEVER EVER CONTRADICT THE WRITTEN SCRIPTURES; God would never tell anyone to do something that is not inline with His revealed Will as found in the Scriptures.

The author points out the seemingly obvious that God’s Will for us is revealed to us in the Scriptures, such as, within the ten commandments. God does not want us to lie, commit, adultery, murder people, etc.

The author then goes on to point out additional things from Scripture that are God’s Will for us.

1. That we be filled with the Spirit, which is to have our life controlled at all times by the Spirit of God, Eph. 5:17-18.

2. That we be morally pure, 1 Thess. 4:3 and 1 Corn. 6:20.

3. If we are to suffer in life at the hands of our society let it be suffering brought on by living for God and doing His Will 1 Peter 4:14-16, 19.

4. That we be law abiding as long as the laws we must abide by do not conflict with God’s Will or cause us to compromise our religious beliefs as God has laid them down in His Word, 1 Peter 2:13-15. To be clear we are not to submit to ANYONE if submitting to them causes us to sin.

The author states:

’ When we consider how God guides us, we also must remember that our hearts deceive us. We are capable of believing and feeling that God is guiding us when really our consciences may have been taught error instead of truth. What we feel we desire to do is simply that – our feeling. It is possible to have a feeling and think God is leading us when what we really have is an idol perhaps of controlling others or fear of man. The only for sure way to know God’s will is to go to the Scriptures.

Peace, Martha. Attitudes of a Transformed Heart . Focus Publishing. Kindle Edition.

As I have told people more times than I can count in my teaching, if something does not line up with Scripture then it is not God speaking to you, it is not God’s Will. And extreme example would be people who think God is leading them to kill abortion doctors. These people are greatly deceived by Satan for God would never tell someone to kill an individual outside of a war situation.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 8: (3) Practical Application of Doctrine: Worship

I am going to forgo any in-depth review of this chapter and simply state a very profound and deep truth, one that is very difficult to live out, only by Christ doing it through us can we live it out, that truth is…true worship of God, the highest and greatest form of worship, is what I call lifestyle worship, this is when we honor Him in every moment of every day by living out His Will in honor and worship of him.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though it appears I have lost my partner in this book discussion, which is sad since the idea was hers to begin with, I am going to proceed and finish the book posting some thoughts on each chapter for the readers here on the board who are following the book discussion. I believe I must do so as the topics for the balance of the book are so, so, sooooooooooooooo very fruitful. They are as follows.

Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 9: Thoughts and Attitudes

Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 10: The Attitudes of a Humble Heart

Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 11: The Attitudes of a Godly Heart

Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 12: The Attitudes of a Pure Heart

Part III Attitudes of the Heart Chapter 13: The Attitudes of a Loving Heart

Upvote 0